CornishChris

Youngest Skydiver

There was an article a year or 2 ago, a guy in Denmark took his 2 year old daughter. All I remember about the article is when she landed she went up to her mom and said "I want to fly again mommy".

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

The Mullins kid came up to the Birdman tent asking if he could fly a suit and he was sporting this killer looking FF suit just like a grown up. Kid is 12 and has like 200+ jumps. Unfortunately, we didn't have a suit that would fit him otherwise I would of taken him up with parental consent. He was more heads up than some skydivers I have run into on DZs which is pretty impressive for a 12 year old.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I do wonder sometimes who was the youngest jumper to conciously make the the dicission the jump.

A lot of 2/4 year old look like they are taken up because of the records. Having seen a few video's of 2/3 year olds in freefall it didn't look like they enjoyed it too much...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

no..the age at which a kid says 'I want to skydive' because he/she 'wants to', realising what it is he/she is doing.

Who decides that?

I have several friends that have kids...as soon as they see how much fun an"Adult" is having skydiving, they beg to try it.

As for "understanding" what it is that they are wanting to do, realy realizing how much danger they are about to encounter, and being able to weigh the options is a completely different story.

No one can make the determination of when one individual psyche has matured enough to effectivly make that decision. Perhaps the exception could be a clinical psychologist. But that is a whole new debate.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

[:/] He's also a better swooper (Placed in the Speed rounds) and a faster packer then me. Why do I suddenly feel put out to pasture at 23? :|

Swooped? fast packer? you must be talking about the older Mullins (16 year old) cause the younger one does not pack fast, at least not at home.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

right...but the question was...hold on, I'll quote it...

there...
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no..the age at which a kid says 'I want to skydive' because he/she 'wants to', realising what it is he/she is doing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question/answer was when does that happen...when does the ability to make a life changing decision become available.

I wish my parents would have let me at 4 yrs...but hell they don't even like it now.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun