Peej

R there ANY decent hollywood made skydiving movies?

This is something that my skydiving friends and i have been discussing for quite some time...;)

Are there ANY decent hollywood made skydiving movies?

Or in fact movies that feature cool skydiving scenes?

The list we've seen so far is:

Cutaway
Drop Zone
Point Break
XXX - car/ basejump scene
Tomb Raider 2 - Wicked wingsuit flying over hong kong
Charlies Angels 2 - Demi Moore makes a completely implausible wing suit flight and lands it!!!!

All completely trashy :P

Safe skies

Mo: "Is there an Al Kaholic here? Anyone named Al Kaholic?"

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Austin powers, with flyboys doin the skydiving part...
just saw yesterday evening this real old movie with 3 skydivers/stuntmen (I think there was charlton Heston) jumping rounds and demoing crazy things...
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

just saw yesterday evening this real old movie with 3 skydivers/stuntmen (I think there was charlton Heston) jumping rounds and demoing crazy things...

Sounds like you are describing "Gypsy Moths" with Burt Lancaster and Gene Hackman. I've tried to forget I ever wasted the time watching it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Sounds like you are describing "Gypsy Moths" with Burt Lancaster and Gene Hackman. I've tried to forget I ever wasted the time watching it.

I think that's the one... but if you've ever jump a round, some of the images are incredible...
the wingsuit part is not so good though...
YES I am a little bit insomniac
YES there was nothing better on TV
NO I didn't want to see Crosswind again
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

How come nobody ever mentions "The Skydivers"? It's an old black and white movie i think from the 60's. It's really really bad, but the MST3000 version is funny.

Well I never mentioned it, because I never heard of it, but sure enough, there it is: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0057507
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I work for TCM and have had the pleasure(?) of seeing The Gypsy Moths "once or twice". I still think some of the skydiving footage is pretty impressive, especially considering the flying skills at the time, and the size of the video/film equipment....
...and you get to see Debra Kerr's boobies. :S
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Here is another one: Fathom
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0061653

Some nice round jumps, and what was interesting from a skydiver's point-of-view, was the scene in which a guy was talking to Racquel Welch while she packed a round and she was actually packing the ParaCommander CORRECTLY!

It's nice when Hollywood makes an effort to get it right.

Well I never mentioned it, because I never heard of it, but sure enough, there it is: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0057507

And what a good review it got!! Thats why the MST3000 version is better.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I work for TCM and have had the pleasure(?) of seeing The Gypsy Moths "once or twice". I still think some of the skydiving footage is pretty impressive, especially considering the flying skills at the time, and the size of the video/film equipment....
...and you get to see Debra Kerr's boobies. :S

WHAT?!!!
I've only seen it on TV!
Looks like I'll need to go rent it...

I loved this movie. Though Gene Hackman is one of my favorite actors. I love the skydiving footage, and though the plot is a little ughh slow I kind of liked it.

Also I don’t know, I just kind of enjoy watching cutaway. My and my girlfriend have cutaway Sundays sometimes, we get a bunch of beer and junk food, throw in cutaway and have a blast quoting all the cheesy dialog.

.:skip

Have you ever seen an elephant fly? You can in Operation Dumbo Drop. The actually have an elephant do a SL, except the SL breaks and the guy from Hanniable where you see his brain, gets out and catchs up to the elephant and pulls his main...such great realistic skydiving there. Oh yeah and it also has Danny Glover jump out holding a kid.

You also for got the scene in the new James Bond movie, Die Another Day....

Better stick to Crosswinds...

Kathryn

Somebody else already added "Terminal Velocity", "Fandango" and "Gypsy Moths".

Then there's
- Most of the James Bond movies
- The Wild Geese
- Toy Story (Well-done animated BASE jump scene)
- Top Gun (Ejection scenes show hand-deployed pilot chutes)
- Reign of Fire
- Navy Seals
- Honeymoon in Vegas (skydiving Elvises)
- Charlie's Angels (the first movie)
- one of the Schwarzenegger movies. Can't remember if it was "Last Action Hero" or "Eraser" or what.

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.