moodyskydiver

Best/coolest compliment?

I was talking/making general conversation with a someone today and he said he enjoyed talking to/listening to me because he said I "had spirit". I thought that was a kinda cool thing to say.:$

So how about you, whats the coolest/best compliment you've given or received lately?

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

in a conversation with a friend i said the following about Jen from the sugar gliderz: "when she talks to you she makes you feel like your the most important person in the room. she doesnt talk down to you nor does she talk on your level, she brings you up to her level then communicates feelings and thoughts."
that may be one of the best compliments ive given someone.
awsome thread moody.

Yesterday I received a card from a family I'd worked with stating that I was an angelic presence who removed them from the turmoil of the present and allowed them, for even a short time, to enter a state of peace.

I work with hospice patients and families, often at bedside in teh alst moments. I think that was a pretty sweet compliment. :$

__

A friend of mine who fought in world war II introduced me to a war buddy of his. He then said " This guy is made of the stuff Victoria Cross winners are made of". I thought it was the greatest compliment I'd ever had, because I truly admire those who won the VC, like my brother's pilot , Flt Lt Dave Hornell VC.

I overheard someone talking on their cell phone at the DZ. He was telling someone how much fun he had jumping with me.

Another thing. I had to go searching, but i found it. Wendy (wmw999) made a post about me back in january that really made me feel good about myself. I think i'll print it out and hang it on my wall to look at whenever i'm feeling down. Here it is:

I'd like to nominate Sunshine. She exemplifies all that's good about dropzone.com. powerpuff girls, post-whoring, drinking -- well, maybe. But on the other hand, endless good humor, a smile for everyone, and a dedication to having fun jumping that doesn't know any bounds.

And just to fool us all, she's going to be a rigger soon -- not nearly as vapid as she might like us to think.

Sunshine, your secret is out.

Wendy W.

Thanks Wendy!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Someone once told me I was yummy.

Once I was on a jump billvon was organizing and he said, "Well, I know Jessica can get to her slot."

An old boyfriend said I had April eyes. Same guy also told me I was the best writer he had ever known.

I think the best compliment is when someone cool is my friend, and enjoys talking to and spending time with me. That's what makes me feel best about myself, that I have enough to offer that really great people want to spend their precious seconds on earth with me.
Skydiving is for cool people only

I think the best compliment is when someone cool is my friend, and enjoys talking to and spending time with me. That's what makes me feel best about myself, that I have enough to offer that really great people want to spend their precious seconds on earth with me.

That was so well put. Thanks, Jessica.

Well, I wrote mine, but it's a bit too personal, so I erased it.

This one's a close second: when my bf and I finally got together, it occurred to me that I'd already told him so many things about me and been a complete dork around him, in a way I wouldn't around a guy I liked that way (because I just never thought he'd be interested).

I said, "Wait, you've seen me be such a spaz, and you still wanted to date me?"

He just smiled and nodded.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

True that... cuz I ain't easy to put up with! ;)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

A buddy that has known me for years, and knows me really well said.

'Dude, if I were ever in a life threatening situation, there is no one I would rather have by my side than you. You could get us out of it.'

yep. cool. Nothing makes me happier than helping a friend, them knowing I will, and that it will be all right

----------------------------
bzzzz