ltdiver

Prayers Needed

I rarely post about personal things, however I got a phone call tonight that my dad was hospitalized today with a heart attack.

He became very sick this morning with chest pain and severe nausea.

My parents live in Washington, and I'm sitting by the phone in California. Right now he says to just sit tight, tests are being run while they try and figure out what's going on.

It's scarey. My grandmother died of a heart attack at 74 and my grandfather of a stroke at 88.

Please pray for my dad, as he has always been there for us...in every way....a model father who this family has been very lucky to have.

Thanks,
Lori

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Wow Lori, I feel bad for you and the troubling news. I hope that the prognosis for your father is good and that he enjoys a steady recovery.

Take care. - Max
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

ltdiver, my father recently suffered the same (he's only 59). He had two stints inserted into his veins and is taking lots of blood pressure lowering meds. Heart surgery has come a *long* way in the last 10 years. It's much less intrusive so your father has a good chance of a speedy recovery. My father had his surgery 4 months ago and he is back working after a month and is now enjoying a vacation in France.

My thoughts are with you and your father.

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Lori,

You and your mom and sisters are all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sending you a virtual {{{{{Hug}}}}} to help you through the waiting as it can be almost as hard as dealing with the pain and injury. I hope your dad pulls through quickly and completely. You know how to reach me if you need an ear.

Love ya,

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Oh Lori, you must be terrified :(

Prayers and vibes from Houston -- and he knows you're waiting by the phone. That's a good thing.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wow, thanks guys for the replies! It really helps to see and feel the surrounding of -this- family around mine.

No phone calls yet, and this feels both good and bad. What have they found?! Is he o.k.? This wait game sucks.

I feel so helpless...

Lori

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon