TomAiello

This was so much fun...

Check out this link to the video of a jump I made yesterday here in Switzerland.

Warning: Audio track may not be work safe, as I was a bit excited during this experience.

http://homepage.mac.com/tbaiello/iMovieTheater4.html

Hook knives are apparently mandatory for slider up BASE...

I've attached stills for those who don't want to wait for the video to download. One of my friends says they look a lot like the "bad canopy" flash cards used in AFF.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

LineOver3.jpg

LineOver2.jpg

LineOver1.jpg

Altitude on deployment was about 350' from impact. Altitude at exit is around 1100'. Exit to landing altitude is about 1400'.

The story ends with me hopping an electric fence to get out of a cow pasture, and profusely apologizing to a Swiss farmer who doesn't speak a word of English. My landing accuracy minus one toggle is apparently not the best.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

You have the releaseable toggles on that canopy?

No, but I have just ordered two pairs. I used a hook knife to cut that line.

And is that your Troll?

Didn't you see the Double Diamonds? The openings have been troublesome, but in this case I don't think the canopy can be blamed. It was more of a "random black death" kind of thing.

I thought you were to pack it better then that :P

Maybe I need to find someone to give me lessons. That pack job worked on the previous 250 slider up jumps. Where can I take packing lessons?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

"Altitude at exit is around 1100'. Exit to landing altitude is about 1400'...."

Typo or do you land underground....?
I don't base, so I don't know. I 've heard of "flyaway brakes", ie they are not routed inside the slider grommets, are those the same things you are talking about?

Either way, it scares me poopless.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

"Altitude at exit is around 1100'. Exit to landing altitude is about 1400'...."

Typo or do you land underground....?

Impact is on a slope that leads up to the base of the cliff. You land several hundred feet lower, in a field on flat ground. It's fairly typical to have impact several hundred or more feet above the landing on cliffs.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Gotcha, thanks man.
So..base peeps don't use 'real' altitude, rather altitude difference.

'All is klaar' as your Swiss farmer might say.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

:oWOW!!!awesome video footage of that mal,so glad your in one piece and still with us.DANG did that wall look close,talk about adrenalin,PUMPPUMPPUMPPUMP.
Most excellent,you da man!
Send that into REAL TV and make a buck$$$

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

wow.... Glad that it all turned out for the best. I'm kinda wondering what that was in real time myself, it seemed like you had a lot of time to play with. also, it looked like you had started to spin at first, were you adjusting for that on the opposite riser/breaks?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1