Vallerina

A relationship thread

Chaoskitty - you're not alone. I don't "date" either. (well, when I was single) I get to know people in groups, hang out but refuse to DATE. Dating just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, all those expectations, etc. it's too awckward. I much rather relate to them in a natural environment!

LA*B|

Oh, but youre not single anymore so I *AM* alone! Alllllll alllooooooone.... !!
Actually I do date. I just dont fall for the BS. I dont get all twitterpated or get butterflies anymore. I find it really easy to see people's motivations. I know who is actually interested in getting to know me and hang out with me, and who is just trying to get me in bed. And I'm not that kinda girl! :)
I dont know.. maybe someday I'll meet someone who gives me the butterflies again. B|

I find it really easy to see people's motivations.

So...if I walked up to you in a bar and said "Damn Baby....I like you like a fat kid likes cake!" You would know I was totally sincere and wanted to really get to know you before getting naked. Right? :D

Ummm..from what I know of you on these forums, you're a no-brainer!
And it's "I LOVE you like a fat kid loves cake".. seee.. I can already tell you are afraid of committment!
heheehe!!

Ahhh....you are being superficial. Most people are quite suprised when they meet me. ;)

seee.. I can already tell you are afraid of committment!

Well....sometimes...but when I meet the right chick it's all good. I broke up with my last girlfriend cause she was afraid of having anything even resembling a "relationship." :D Oh well...........

Ahhh....you are being superficial. Most people are quite surprised when they meet me. ;) [/REPLY]

I'm not being superficial. I'm responding to what you have chosen to show us on these forums. But youre right, I haven't met you. Are you gonna surprise me by walking up to me in a bar, calling me baby, and liking me like a fat kid likes cake?
jk ;)

seee.. I can already tell you are afraid of committment!

Well....sometimes...but when I meet the right chick it's all good. I broke up with my last girlfriend cause she was afraid of having anything even resembling a "relationship." :D Oh well...........

Well there ya go.. it goes both ways.

Would that be classed as an insult ? B|

I never insult anybody. I just speak the truth. Wouldnt it be their fault if they are insulted?
I dont think I hurt his feelings..
and if I did.. I'm sorry baby, I'll make it up to you.. somehow....

uh-huh.... :D

(General question - for all girls)
Ok, here a little question for the gals... You want to find a guy who is interested in you beyond the sex.

Ignoring your looks and skydiving, what is it that makes you worth meeting?

I REALLY disagree on this one. It is usually the chemistry that pulls two people together. You have to get PAST the chemistry to find out if there is more. No body asked me the obvious question about my previous post.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Personally.. if you have to spend all your time impressing someone, all you are really doing is trying to impress yourself.

Phree, I couldn't have said it better myself. B| Oh, and um, when can I jump the BirdMan???? ;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Always be yourself. You don't want them falling for something you are not.

True. Some men (and women, too) overdo it at the beginning. Forget flowers and acquiescing to the others every want. Why not say, hey, let's have dinner and a beer at a restaurant where the game is on. Most women wouldn't object, I don't think. It's keeping it real, and besides, if flowers come later, unexpectantly, now isn't that special.
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

I read a lot of this thread, but it is a bit long. So, just to add a few things:

* Think BEFORE you speak/act. I know, foreign concept to some, but it is very very important! It's very sad, but the most remembered words and actions are sometimes the worst ones. Every time you fight, things come rushing back. Not good.

* Compliment one another. Personally, I need to hear them. I know it sounds to be insecure, but, well, it is just nice to hear compliments. Doesn't have to be about looks, can be anything... funny, cute, nice sit fly. :p

* Cool cars really don't matter. I suppose I can't speak for everyone, but seriously, I have never once dated a guy because he had a cool car. Not that I don't like cars, but it just isn't a selling point. She'll like you or she wont, your car isn't going to make a bit of difference.

Something I always look for in a partner is openmindedness. The times i've neglected to stick to this, i've realized very soon why it is so important (to me).

I have no tips that will get you in a good relationship, but these are some things that come to mind as important to me. In addition to many that have already been stated, such as honesty!

Angela.

And I'm not that kinda girl!

<...marks that one off..:ph34r: >

I'm okay with that.. :P

Ok, here a little question for the gals... You want to find a guy who is interested in you beyond the sex.

K..here goes my snobby rant..
I know what makes me worth more than that. I want to have the chance to see what makes him worth it, and if he tries too hard to get me in to bed too soon.. I'm not gonna stick around to find out.

There are plenty of girls out there who are willing to sleep with guys they barely know, or dont know at all. I'm not interested in a guy who is not interested in significantly better than that. I'm just too old for that shit.
[/snobby rant]

My grandmother taught me this one quite some time ago and I just now remembered it:

For a relationship to work, you can put no other person above your mate. Not your parents, not your children, nobody. This is especially critical in marriages/relationships where children from past relationships are involved. I didn't take much credence in this advice until much later in life when I saw so many, many of my friend's relationships fail because of this lack of primary focus.

Chuck

OK, I didn't say any such think about finding a guy interested in me beyond sex BUT besides the skydiving, the looks, the sex and the pheremones - it's my personality, my sense of humor, it's the total package - the way I go through life.

I just wanted to mention how impressed I am with some of the stuff posted here but the guys.....:ph34r:

Most of you are hitting it right on.....and for those reading, you can learn a lot here.

Thank you for the renewed faith in the male species! B|

SM1...this is so true im glad to see it posted.

For a relationship to work, you can put no other person above your mate.

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I've got a bit of an outside theory here...

Boldly stating the theory up front:

If women were the pursuers, men would be considered the mysterious gender.

Now, this presents quite a few interesting ways to get into the female mind.

Take everything you say, and see what you would think if she said it to you, if you weren't totally/completely/absolutely interested in her. This will probably get you an idea of what she is going to think.

It's, unfortunately, a lot more simple than most people seem to make it.

What makes you want a woman more than anything? When you can't have her. What makes a woman want you more than anything? When she can't have you. (Alright, this is a broad generalization, but this is just for the starting of dating, not furthur into relationships, although you definiately DO NOT want to make yourself available on her slightest whim, because she will, most like, feel that you are not as valuable as you really are, even though you're doing your best to be the best to her [ This comes from personal experience, unfortunately])

It's late, so my rambling is probably a bit inane, but I'll keep it short, and end it here.

EDIT: Ahh yes... and I agree with the following rule

RULE: Never date your best friend's sister. If you're around all the time, she's going to get tired of you after a while.

Disclaimer: These are from the point of view of a 19 year old guy who has had one hell of an experience. All items in this post are from a guy's prospective.

If you'd like my story... It's quite interesting, but very, very long... then PM me.

And, all this is explained in "Men are from Mars...". That book is a TOTAL cliche, but it is sooooo true. The different genders think and respond to things differently.

I found that the book had one very dangerous undertone - that if you communicate and understand how that communication works, that you will work things out. People can understand what the other is saying and still not agree. Thought the book sucked.

Thing is... the premise of the book is that you already care about the person. It points out that you don't always have to agree, you just have to understand and try to accept that your partner isn't going to agree with you on everything.

Understanding where the other person is coming from won't always save a relationship, but it can solve a lot of problems within a relationship.