Vallerina

A relationship thread

It'd be interesting to hear from someone in a same-sex relationship, how they view some of that.

I, obviously, don't have first-hand experience, but I don't see how same-sex relationships are much different than opposite-sex relationships. People are always going to pick people they don't belong with and have nothing in common with. I could be wrong, but I think most relationship wisdom applies to both types of relationships.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Ladies, I know it's tough sometimes, but if something's wrong and we ask what it is, don't say "I'm fine." ;) Seriously, sit down and talk about the problem. We're not gonna jump down your throat (unless you want us to). B| Honesty and trust are CRUCIAL.

Most girls, when they say this, DO want to talk about it... an "I'm Fine" answer means you need to ask more questions, because at that moment, she's either hurt, angry, or upset, and needs a little TLC and needs you to question her a bit more to let her know that you're really interested in why she's upset, which lets her know its safe to answer.

Personally, I don't do this. If I'm upset at someone, they KNOW why I'm upset. But many of my friends, and even my mom do the above. And, all this is explained in "Men are from Mars...". That book is a TOTAL cliche, but it is sooooo true. The different genders think and respond to things differently. That's just how it is...

When a guy says "I'm fine." he means either one of two things. "I'm fine because I really am fine. nothing's bugging me right now." or "I'm fine because I WILL be fine if you'll leave me alone for a bit so I can deal with this issue by myself. Don't need or want help right now." The girl, thinking that the guy's "I'm fine" means the same as the girl "I'm fine", continues to pester the guy in an effort to get him to talk to her, therefore annoying the guy and making the situation worse. LOL.

You are going to make me vomit if you keep calling him pet names. :D

But he's my Sethy Wethy Schnoogie Wuggums!!! B| :D I'm laughing my ass off and all these whuffos at work are looking at me like I'm crazy..... :S :D:D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Nicely put. B| That makes a lot of sense, all but one thing. Once again, I'm not always right, this is just my experience. Every time I got the "I'm fine" thing, I'd keep asking what it was, and the girl still wouldn't tell me anything, and then I was just annoying the piss out of her, making my situation worse. :S

Wrong Way
The wiser wolf prevails.

I, obviously, don't have first-hand experience, but I don't see how same-sex relationships are much different than opposite-sex relationships.

Men and women are different - from what type of movies they like (I speaking in broad generalization here, I realize) to how they deal with emotion to what they're expecting from a partner, to leaving the toliet seat up... there's all sorts of stuff.

WrongWay - you never send me flowers anymore... :(
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

EXACTLY! What you and qtnsassy just said are the two most important things. The rest falls into place.

Aha! I now have it on good authority (giving you some credit here) that I'm right! This is DEFINITELY going on my calendar.

Seriously, if you can't be yourself with someone, then you can't be with them.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

And, all this is explained in "Men are from Mars...". That book is a TOTAL cliche, but it is sooooo true. The different genders think and respond to things differently.

I found that the book had one very dangerous undertone - that if you communicate and understand how that communication works, that you will work things out. People can understand what the other is saying and still not agree. Thought the book sucked.

"If you stare too long at the door that has shut in your face, you'll never realize the door that has opened behind you"

That sounds like a Helen Keller quote I have framed.
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." Helen Keller
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

WrongWay - you never send me flowers anymore... :(

I shouldn't have to. You should love me just the way i am. ;)

Isn't just spending time with me good enough??? [:/]

Wrong Way
The wiser wolf prevails.

-we never got married:P -there still is a chance after 25 years!:P
-we lived together, had 2 sons and put all our hearts into raising them, separated for over 7 years, got back together and our lives have been so improved and way simpler since.

Change is healthy, accepting each other for what we are has been tough but most important I have found is we are 2 separate people evolving.

Our most recent celebration was youngest son turning 20- can not describe how accomplished we feel!!!:P:P:P

SMiles;)

If you find youself attracting "losers", it's not them, it's you.

Of all the people in the world to be kindest to - is your PARTNER. They are the ones you have chosen to walk through life with, treat them with RESPECT and KINDNESS.

Words are like toothpaste, once said you can't put them back into the tube.

When in doubt, whip it out

Be easy to live with

Take care of yourself first. Keep your "you" cup full. You cannot give from an empty cup.

There is always time for sex. The dishes, car, kids, dog, lawn CAN WAIT!

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

Oh! I have this saying that I use: The one thing that all of our ex's have in common is us.

Introspection: it isn't just for prisoners anymore. :P

The dishes, car, kids, dog, lawn CAN WAIT!

Unless the kids are playing with matches......:D

More kids, more problems. My parents used to tell us, "If someone invites you over to eat, go there." During the day, "Here's some matches and pointed sticks, go out and play. Don't come back unless you have a good reason... little bastards, who do they think they are..." ;)

"Here's some matches and pointed sticks, go out and play. Don't come back unless you have a good reason.

Hehehehee....Even worse....I had a .22 rifle by the time I was 10. :D

Me too. Also a .410 with deer slugs. Never worried about that though. It was the 35lb bow with razor tips. That could sting. :o

The best way to have an interesting partner is to have an interesting life.

And I like the one about the person you should respect most is your partner. That can be really hard when you've been fighting, but it's really important.

And guys, if a girl says she doesn't want to get married, she might not want to get married!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And guys, if a girl says she doesn't want to get married, she might not want to get married!

Wendy W.

I'm wondering if that's a socially embedded thought process, men thinking that women (in general) really want to be married, even if they state otherwise.

Chaoskitty - you're not alone. I don't "date" either. (well, when I was single) I get to know people in groups, hang out but refuse to DATE. Dating just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, all those expectations, etc. it's too awckward. I much rather relate to them in a natural environment!

LA*B|

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

-I was hungover and puking on Thanksgiving Day, making us miss dinner with his family
-Let's not even get into how much I impressed him with my dancing skills the night before!
-I invited his ex out to his dz so that she could follow him around like a puppy dog

But the Jello you made for his Thanksgiving was great :D

And inviting the Ex was one of the funniest things I've ever seen you do to him.

Personally.. if you have to spend all your time impressing someone, all you are really doing is trying to impress yourself.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com