billvon

Holy war

How about Title 18 of the U.S. Code, Part 1, Chapter 33, Section 702, which states, "Whoever, in any place within the jurisdiction of the United States or in the Canal Zone, without authority, wears the uniform or a distinctive part thereof or anything similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of any of the armed forces of the United States, Public Health Service or any auxiliary of such, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."

He was on his off time. Therefore, unauthorized. Capice? I know, Not UCMJ.

How about this one? Article 134, which provides, "Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court."

Yeah, I know that it's rather open as to whether he brought discredit upon th earmed forces.

And, it might not qualify as a false statement under UCMJ Article 107.

Perhaps you'd be interested in AR 670-1, Paragraph 1-10(j), which provides that "Wearing of Army Uniforms is prohibited in the following situations...(2) when participating in public speeches."

Oh. This brings us to the violation of a regulation, a violation of UCMJ Article 92.

Are you satisfied now????

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Dude. I cited AR 670-1. It's a reg. In the Army, it governs wear of the uniform. What more authority do you need?

Do better than that??? WHat do you want me to do, hand deliver a freaking burning bush that says, "Thou shalt not wear thy uniform whilst giving thine political speeches?"

My wife is hotter than your wife.

WHat do you want me to do, hand deliver a freaking burning bush that says, "Thou shalt not wear thy uniform whilst giving thine political speeches?"

As long as you're a white guy with long hair, white robes, and a halo, that'll work :). But you'd better not look like one of them.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The point was there but I think you missed it.

so I'll make it really easy to find this time

POINT: when you are responsible for killing someone's loved one they will hate you specially if the only motive was making money.
hope you didn't miss that unfortunately they don't have crayons on dropzone.com for me to draw a picture for you.

Counterpoint: What specifically are you talking about? You're blurting out a generalization that speaks for about 90% of western civilization. Your picture, sans crayons for me, the poor undereducated, was one color. I write my letters with a fountain pen, and purpose. Condescend to someone else.

In fact, these "terrorists" that hate us so -- in the name of Allah of course -- should be looking to their own leadership: Arafat, Hussein, Kohmeni, Qaddafi, Saudi royal family, all built their regimes upon power, money and repression.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

And who u doing sweetie?

who am I doing? Um, well, honestly, no-one right now. Been kinda slow in that department for a while, truth be told. Oh well...that will happen someday.

If you mean how am I doing, better now that I have some answers and we're working on a game plan. Still and all, though, I wish I weren't ill...but that too will pass, and I'll soon be back to normal. Whatever normal is.

BTW, how do you like my attempt at hijacking? I'm trying to do it without using the word "BOOBIES" but I'm not sure it's being altogether successful, especially since I have to run out to the store soon...

You got me there, it was a typo...how was the intended word.

The travesty of making an ass of myself, is that people will think I'm a democrat, but hey, it won't be a bad thing to hijack this thread.....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

The travesty of making an ass of myself, is that people will think I'm a democrat

nah, liberals are way better at spelling, grammar, and typing.

I realize the thread was pretty nicely hijacked, but hey, if you can get one last zinger in, I can too, right?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

nah, liberals are way better at spelling, grammar, and typing.

I realize the thread was pretty nicely hijacked, but hey, if you can get one last zinger in, I can too, right?

Thanks for the compliment...and Juan, I knew it was a typo, but far too funny to let slide...

Ciels,
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

"Condescend to someone else"

I am just returning the favor.

You asked why I told you why.
If you don't get it you won't get it, I didn't get educated by watching CNN. I actually lived in the middle east, I have lived threw bombings, Chemical attacks by Iraq (that we gave to the Iraq’s) so trust me the little images you see on your TV. I have seen in real life so you have no idea not even a faint clue to what you’re talking about.
But that’s my point of view and I will just have to agree to disagree with you this is a no win argument.
What ever is any ones belief I hope someday there will be less blood shade. I have heard people say i don't care who dies as long as I pay less for gas that’s the kind of mentality I hate I rather lose every thing I have(Material things) then be any part of killing someone.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Every time I see posts in Talk Back from these red necks with their bigoted, uninformed, simplified and racist views I always hope it is a minority in the US holding these views. Now I see that such a type is now deputy undersecretary of defence. Boy oh boy. Me worried……
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

I guess you are the only one educated, not bigot (by calling others red necks), cultured one we should vow and treat with the utmost respect right?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I always hope it is a minority in the US holding these views.

There used to be a lot of talk about the "silent majority" in American politics (those were the conservatives who felt under-represented in our then-more-liberal government).

I like to think that the new "silent majority" are the under-represented people who don't think "liberal" is a synonym for "stupid." I sure meet a lot of people in real life who don't disagree with me. A far greater number of the vocal ones who talk first and loud are, shall we say, of a more redneck bent :S

Of course, anyone on dropzone.com probably knows where I stand on most issues :D

Wendy W.

Hey you forgot the caipirinha Wendy [Frown]

And where would you like me to stick it? :)

Wendy W.

They are the aggressors. We are the defenders. That puts us on higher moral ground.

You are just kidding, right ? We, USA, are considered to be an agressor. Not only by Arabs - by most of the world.. Just ask any European...