billvon

Holy war

If the president went to a prayer breakfast in a suit would he have to " spout the party line."

What the President says IS the party line... his personal opinion IS de facto administration policy

The general made these statements at engagements he was inviteded to as a general, becuase he was a general... that equals official capacity in my book.

If he is taking that type of view into the office and uses it in his command capacity, imparting it on his troops... we will not win this war... the operations that his command is engadged in are central to the war on terrorism, and if he has such a narrow view of the conflict and the enemy... we will not win this war... and he will be too blind to see it coming.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I don't usually do political!
But i live in well lets say a very cosmopolitan area[UK]
If someone,regardless of beliefs steps out of line,it's dealt with.Religion or skin tone dosn't even enter the equation...
When the Twin Towers were attacked someone[Al Queda] had clearly stepped out of line[reap what you sow]
Iraq[i didn't buy weapons of mass destruction BS] but do believe if the mass graves were anything to go by that the coillition forces did the right thing and the regime reaped.

This idiot blonde uncaring right wing libertarian is in agreement with the self-professed stupid low-life liberal lefty. I won't state my relationship to the US Government on this one, but if I were to make a policy statement like that when acting in my official capacity, I'd likely get myself into a heap of trouble.

His is not to reason why. His is but to do or die. There is right and wrong, and the point should be that. The point should not be that we're the Judeo-Christians out to get satan.

Now, I'll disagree about understanding them (frankly, I hope to never understand why people would want to do something like the 9/11 attacks, since understanding is the first step to condining it). I'll also disagree about the Jonestown/Christianity link (Jones readily professed that the religion was communism).

But this general had no business making comments like that. None. He makes strategy, not policy. And he stated a policy...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

He has the same individual rights. He also has the same work responsibilities as the rest of us,

well we agree on one thing!

If I were to make, in my official capacity (I have one), a statement about the shuttle program, I would very possibly be canned. I would certainly be given a very stern talking to. That is what I would expect to happen to him, since he made a very incautious statement in his official capacity

You are wrong. lets look at what Bill posted

Appearing in dress uniform before a religious group in Oregon

He was on his own time speaking to a religious group

As long as we choose not to understand people who claim to be our foes, they will remain our foes. They might remain our foes if we do understand them, but it's a dead certainty if we don't.

I'm sure with his back round he knows just a bit more than the avg dem. You can't bargan with a men like arafat, you kill them.

Oh, and exposing a CIA agent to punish her husband is not freedom of speech, either.

list your facts please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearing in dress uniform before a religious group in Oregon

He was on his own time speaking to a religious group

If he's on his own time, then he should be wearing his own clothes.

We don't beat our women in public for showing their ankles either.

Hmm, it is all in what they believe...I need to understand.

I would like to hear what the women have to say about this understanding of male dominance.....:D
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

As long as we choose not to understand people who claim to be our foes, they will remain our foes. They might remain our foes if we do understand them, but it's a dead certainty if we don't.

Once we give someone the respect to try to understand them, it's much easier not to group them all together and assume "they" are all alike.

Wendy W.

When I say "them" I'm not refering to muslims. I'm refering to the cowardly terrorists that kill innocent people in an effort to further their goals. They don't have to like us or our culture, but they need to learn to respect the rights of others. If it takes a war to get that point across so be it.

never pull low......unless you are

I would like to hear what the women have to say about this understanding of male dominance....

IMHO, there are times for male dominance. It is rare, but they include:
~Bringing in all the groceries from the car.
~Cleaning the litter box.
~Packing my parachute, carrying my gear to the car.
~Opening my soda can after I got a manicure.
~Occasionally in bed...sometimes it's fun to be "ravished".

Other than that, there is no room for "dominance". And if a man (or woman) for that matter dares raise a hand to me for any reason, they shall reap more than what they have sown...I never hit first, but I always hit back.

:D

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I don't usually do political!
But i live in well lets say a very cosmopolitan area[UK]
If someone,regardless of beliefs steps out of line,it's dealt with.Religion or skin tone dosn't even enter the equation...
When the Twin Towers were attacked someone[Al Queda] had clearly stepped out of line[reap what you sow]
Iraq[i didn't buy weapons of mass destruction BS] but do believe if the mass graves were anything to go by that the coillition forces did the right thing and the regime reaped.

Exactly. This never was about religion for us. Let's not make so.

As for WMD BS. I can't believe anyone bought it. I am glad that we went after SH but it should have been for crimes against humanity. We went from having the world at our back to having the world being suspicious of our whims.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I would like to hear what the women have to say about this understanding of male dominance....

IMHO, there are times for male dominance. It is rare, but they include:
~Bringing in all the groceries from the car.
~Cleaning the litter box.
~Packing my parachute, carrying my gear to the car.
~Opening my soda can after I got a manicure.
~Occasionally in bed...sometimes it's fun to be "ravished".

Other than that, there is no room for "dominance". And if a man (or woman) for that matter dares raise a hand to me for any reason, they shall reap more than what they have sown...I never hit first, but I always hit back.

:D

Ciels-
Michele

You did a good job of pointing out men's jobs. How about a list for the women. I'll start it: Dishes, laundry......

never pull low......unless you are

I know that you have killer hugs too..

Ah, yes, my lemme-give-you-a-hug-and-you'll-forget-all-your-dominance-issues ploy!;). Someday, Juan, you will be where I am and I'll give you one so you can decide for yourself.

And who u doing sweetie?

who am I doing? Um, well, honestly, no-one right now. Been kinda slow in that department for a while, truth be told. Oh well...that will happen someday.

If you mean how am I doing, better now that I have some answers and we're working on a game plan. Still and all, though, I wish I weren't ill...but that too will pass, and I'll soon be back to normal. Whatever normal is.

BTW, how do you like my attempt at hijacking? I'm trying to do it without using the word "BOOBIES" but I'm not sure it's being altogether successful, especially since I have to run out to the store soon...

Ciels-
Michele

How about a list for the women. I'll start it: Dishes, laundry......

Um, here. Lemme make it easy for you.

Everything else. That way, we know it gets done right...
;)

Ciels-
Michele

If he's on his own time, then he should be wearing his own clothes.

why?

Why? Because if he's on his own time, then he need not be acting like he is on official time. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and flies like a duck, it's a duck.

If he sounds like he's making an official pronouncement, and he's dressed like he's making an official pronouncement, then he probably is.

General Edwin Walker got relieved of duty for passing out John Birch Society literature in the Army. He had no business doing it.

Same here. If it's on his own time, then put on the suit from Men's Wearhouse and say what you think without giving the image of official statements.

And the far right thinks free speech extends to exposing undercover US agents,

I think her husband did that more than anyone!

I think that Bill Clinton has the lying to congress thing covered.

You must be too young to remember Watergate and Iran-Contra.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If he sounds like he's making an official pronouncement, and he's dressed like he's making an official pronouncement, then he probably is.

He said all of that at a church on his own time. I still disagree. Next you'll be saying he can't go to church in his uniform. When i was in the army we had to go in our dress greens. It's much to do about nothing! More evidence of the slant of the press

The point is, he should not be representing himself as stating the policy of the US government. He's free to say what he wants off hours, as a civilian in civvies.

But he shouldn't be saying things that people can construe as the official policy of the US Government to church groups when he's in full uniform. Edited to add: the uniform gives it an aura of officiality.