billvon

Holy war

I guess you are the only one educated, not bigot (by calling others red necks), cultured one we should vow and treat with the utmost respect right?

I do not treat extremist radical muslims with respect and in the same way I do not treat people like you with respect. Your bigot, racist and uninformed views are exactly as dangerous as those extremist muslims.
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Just ask any European...

The vast majority of Brazilians, and (according to my cousins and friends in those countries) Argentinians and Australians, too.

But hey, we're the US; we're the richest country in the world, we have cheap gas, and that's because we deserve it. Right?

All in jest, of course.[:-|]

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

THat sounds like a PA..

You were asking me to serve it to you -- I just wanted to find out where you wanted it?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Of course, anyone on dropzone.com probably knows where I stand on most issues

I think since I started posting I have also made my views clear as well. But it seems that believing in letting people live thier lives as they see fit is far too liberal for far too many people here. I mean if somone wants to be ignorant of how the rest of the world sees our country...and what is worse... cares less.. and be labeled a redneck and not in the Jeff Foxworthy vein of rednecks but the Klan variety.... fine.. I will avoid them like the freakin plague that they are. The only problem is.. the more people overseas see this kind of attitude.. the less friends we have in the world.

Jeanne

Just ask any European...

The vast majority of Brazilians, and (according to my cousins and friends in those countries) Argentinians and Australians, too.

But hey, we're the US; we're the richest country in the world, we have cheap gas, and that's because we deserve it. Right?

Wendy W.

Interesting enough there have been some polls here in Australia leading up to GWB visit next week. Whilst most Australians (70+%) find the alliance with the US as of great value and importance, most people do not like the current administration.

Seems people are able to differentiate between the administration and Americans as such.

Not guess, now I'm certain and thanks for the enlightment.

Your cultural background goes back to centuries of self serving grandiose, whose benefits are repressing millions, oh well time to redifine bigotry I guess....:S:D:D:D:D
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I guess you are the only one educated, not bigot (by calling others red necks), cultured one we should vow and treat with the utmost respect right?

Well yes but more so because mikkey in an Aussie,:P:P:P

On Ya Mikkey;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Your cultural background goes back to centuries of self serving grandiose, whose benefits are repressing millions, oh well time to redifine bigotry I guess.

Dude that statement does not make any sense.
Try using small words for a while.;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not treat extremist radical muslims with respect and in the same way I do not treat people like you with respect. Your bigot, racist and uninformed views are exactly as dangerous as those extremist muslims.

I hope this clarifies things...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Wendy W.

Yes we do deserve it. Americans work hard for what they have. We also share our wealth with other countries around the world. If we are so evil why do the other countries accept our money and help? I do not feel guilt for being American. I feel lucky.

never pull low......unless you are

Yes we do deserve it. Americans work hard for what they have.

Americans (that would be US-Americans) inherited one of the best places to settle on earth. There are millions of people on earth who work just as hard as Americans, with no chance whatsoever of much of what we can assume we will get.

Do they deserve that? No more than we deserve where we happened to be born.

It doesn't mean that I can't enjoy what I have. But I don't deserve incredible intelligence, blue eyes and a goddess-like figure either :D, just as someone who was born with no arms doesn't "deserve" it.

Wendy W.

Wendy W.

Yes we do deserve it. Americans work hard for what they have. We also share our wealth with other countries around the world. If we are so evil why do the other countries accept our money and help? I do not feel guilt for being American. I feel lucky.

Hmmm - belief in entitlement - you must really be a liberal.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But it seems that believing in letting people live thier lives as they see fit is far too liberal for far too many people here.
Jeanne

I'd like that also. I'd like to get on an airplane without fear that it will be hijacked and flown into a building. I'll bet a few thousand people that died on 9/11 would have liked to live out their lives. But I guess if they just understood the terrorists that would never have happened.

We also share our wealth with other countries around the world

The US is one of the "rich" (OECD) countries that gives the least in aid to developing countries as in % of GDP......

I found this:

"The DAC report shows that only five countries meet the United Nations (U.N.) target of giving at least 0.7 per cent of their gross national income (GNI) to development assistance. These countries are Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Sweden.

All other OECD countries remain far below the U.N. target as established by the General Assembly 30 years ago and reaffirmed at the Earth Summit in June 1992 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and by the Millennium Summit in New York two years ago.

The U.S. gives only 0.11 per cent of its GNI for ODA, Japan 0.23 per cent, Germany 0.27 per cent and France 0.34 per cent. "

You like others in US take things to be "fact" that have nothing to do with reality. Try less patriotic flag waving and more fact finding.

But I guess if they just understood the terrorists that would never have happened.

No, if they had understood the terrorists, it still would have happened. Just as someone understanding drunk drivers doesn't mean that they can't be a victim of a drunk driver.

A lot more Americans die from drunk drivers than from terrorism. That doesn't mean we don't fight terrorism, and it doesn't lessen the tragedy. But just as understanding some of the underlying causes of drunk driving can help you fight it, understanding some of the underlying causes of terrorism can help people to find ways to make it harder to start (people with no hope being high on the list -- think of Germany before WW2).

As a country, there was little we could have done without a lot of foresight to stop the hijackings. As a country, there was also little we could have done to stop the Oklahoma City bombing. But people find it a lot easier to understand why Timothy McVeigh lost hope.

Wendy W.

You asked why I told you why.

If you don't get it you won't get it, I didn't get educated by watching CNN. I actually lived in the middle east, I have lived threw bombings, Chemical attacks by Iraq (that we gave to the Iraq’s) so trust me the little images you see on your TV. I have seen in real life so you have no idea not even a faint clue to what you’re talking about.
But that’s my point of view and I will just have to agree to disagree with you this is a no win argument.
What ever is any ones belief I hope someday there will be less blood shade. I have heard people say i don't care who dies as long as I pay less for gas that’s the kind of mentality I hate I rather lose every thing I have(Material things) then be any part of killing someone.

I asked why, and you provided a generalization which described nothing.

You cite the US assistance to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war. Okay, and...? That is not news. You cite the other edge of assistance that we gave to Iran. Okay, and...? That is not news either. What else? The hatred that everyone conveniently blames on the US has roots that run longer than the 1980s and still, no one can pin it to any specific chain of events.

The hatred stemming from Al Qaeda is also of conjecture as well. After all, Usama bin Laden's hatred is really towards his own family, yet we support the royal leadership in Saudi Arabia, so we're responsible for what the leadership does? Then, by that standard, we are then responsible for the attacks that Israel made in Syria two weeks ago...after all, we support Israel, so it must be our fault?

You don't have to live in the middle east to live through bombings. Your need to tell the world what you've lived through isn't as important as how those events shape your thinking. You don't own the franchise on that. I asked what you know. You wrote that the US has killed people and we supported Iraq. :S Given the regime's control of information, that is hardly enough to shape the hatred of the general population of some 20+ countries of a declining civilization.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

We also share our wealth with other countries around the world

The US is one of the "rich" (OECD) countries that gives the least in aid to developing countries as in % of GDP......

So the argument isn't that we give our money away, it's that we don't give enough? Nobody wants us to be the worlds policeman, but they expect us to play Santa Claus.

I was talking about the right wing bullshit that is being force fed down the throats of Americans in the guise of National Security....and safety for Americans.. the if you do not believe as I do.. then you are one of"them"....the ones like Ashcroft who will have Americans GOOSESTEPPING to his own brand of Naziism based on HIS beliefs.

Sieg F#$#@$ Heil

Jeanne

sshhh, you better listen for he is very wise and enlightened....

We at the other side of the world are uncivilized and little of value creatures...