billvon

Holy war

So the argument isn't that we give our money away, it's that we don't give enough?

No the argument is that you are making statements that have no basis in reality. It was you that made the statement the US was "sharing" its wealth, when the reality is that it is the OECD country that "shares" the least...
This was not about aid, this was about writing things that do not hold up in the cold light of facts..
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

So the argument isn't that we give our money away, it's that we don't give enough?

No the argument is that you are making statements that have no basis in reality. It was you that made the statement the US was "sharing" its wealth, when the reality is that it is the OECD country that "shares" the least...
This was not about aid, this was about writing things that do not hold up in the cold light of facts..

Make up your mind. I say we share our wealth and you say it's not true. Then you contradict yourself and say we give the least. Which is it?

never pull low......unless you are

His mind is made up long before the argument........or hearing the evidence...

Thank god he is not a judge in one of our benches.....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

That's why all of the worlds scholars go to Austrailia for their education.

Again you and your friend Juan can not get single fact right. Please stop demonstrating your total lack of knowledge about the World.

Australia is actually well known for its higher education system and has one of the highest % of fee paying students from overseas in the world:

Newspaper article 20 August:
"ITERNATIONAL fee-paying students at Australian universities now make up more than 20 per cent of total enrolments as numbers continue to soar despite overseas events."

The U.S. gives only 0.11 per cent of its GNI for ODA, Japan 0.23 per cent, Germany 0.27 per cent and France 0.34 per cent.

You like others in US take things to be "fact" that have nothing to do with reality. Try less patriotic flag waving and more fact finding.

Dude, the US GDP is greater than these countries combined. France: $1.54Tr; Germany: $2.84Tr; Japan: $3.55Tr versus USA: $10.4Tr

So, USA .11%= $11.44B
France .34% = $5.23B
Germany .27% = $7.67B
Japan .23% = $8.17B

So, who gives the least?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

That's why all of the worlds scholars go to Austrailia for their education.

Again you and your friend Juan can not get single fact right. Please stop demonstrating your total lack of knowledge about the World.

Australia is actually well known for its higher education system and has one of the highest % of fee paying students from overseas in the world:

"ITERNATIONAL fee-paying students at Australian universities now make up more than 20 per cent of total enrolments as numbers continue to soar despite overseas events."

You 're talking percentages, what about total numbers?

And what fact that is? that we don't travel and haven't been abroad? nnnnaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. wrong answer.

We just let you talk yourself on your own, and laugh at the things you say.

You don't even get the meaning of the lates UN resolution and try to make your invalid point accross, about this is getting even with the US policies...LOL:D:D:D:D:D
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Do they have to learn to speak "Ozzie":P

Note to self...
In the interest of not having a totally fake OZZIE accent( I love accents and messing with people with accents) Maybe I should enroll in some classes over there when I take my Sabatical.. hmmm..

I hear there is even some SKydiving to be had.. Down Under;)

Jeanne

So?

Either you can't spell, or you do not know how to use spell check.:D

It is a pitty that you can not even read your own post.

You wrote:

But hey, we're the US; we're the richest country in the world, we have cheap gas, and that's because we deserve it. Right?

All in jest, of course.[:-|]

Wendy W.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes we do deserve it. Americans work hard for what they have. We also share our wealth with other countries around the world. If we are so evil why do the other countries accept our money and help? I do not feel guilt for being American. I feel lucky.

Implying you "deserve" to have priviliges because the US is sharing its wealth, when the fact is that the US is contributing the least in aid to other countries in the OECD in terms of % of GDP. So nothing to be proud of.

when the fact is that the US is contributing the least in aid to other countries in the OECD in terms of % of GDP. So nothing to be proud of.

Please see my previous post in response to this "%" argument. It's still more in terms of total dollars. Remember that OECD barely scratches the surface in terms of aid the US provides to other countries outside of UN programs (e.g. Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Pakistan, Mexico, Russia).
Make light!

It is a pitty that you can not even read your own post.

You wrote:

But hey, we're the US; we're the richest country in the world, we have cheap gas, and that's because we deserve it. Right?

All in jest, of course.[:-|]

Wendy W.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes we do deserve it. Americans work hard for what they have. We also share our wealth with other countries around the world. If we are so evil why do the other countries accept our money and help? I do not feel guilt for being American. I feel lucky.

Implying you "deserve" to have priviliges because the US is sharing its wealth, when the fact is that the US is contributing the least in aid to other countries in the OECD in terms of % of GDP. So nothing to be proud of.

You seem to be the one who can't read. I said that we deserved our wealth because we work hard to earn it. I would appreciate it if you didn't twist my words to suit your agenda.

These things should be measured in % of GNI/GDP or per Capita in order to understand the priority an issue has in this countries policies - size of countries differ to much to just look at $. If you take the EU combined it spends about 2-3 times as much on foreign aid then the US in pure $ terms.

% is what counts, total numbers depend on availability of placements and total population the USA has over 10 times Oz's population, which stands to reason it has 10 times more idiots too:P Based on a set %age of western cutlture being idiots:P;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

% is what counts, total numbers depend on availability of placements and total population the USA has over 10 times Oz's population, which stands to reason it has 10 times more idiots too:P Based on a set %age of western cutlture being idiots:P;)

Don't sell yourself short. There's plenty of idiots down under.

I was wondering when the EU would made it in your speach....

So do we give aid or not, and if not, maybe if the great EU is generous enough and reimburse the US for the Marshal plan, then we could in turn use it to help rebuild Afghanistan and IRaq.

It must be that the education is way down under...

One letter falls out in "cut and paste" and you post a Derogatory post? Have anything intelligent to say?

Now r u crying after using the bigot word? men, make up your mind, you don't hesitate to call someone bigot, now you cry when someone makes a sarcastic remark:D:D:ph34r:

***Remember that OECD barely scratches the surface in terms of aid the US provides to other countries outside of UN programs (e.g. Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Pakistan, Mexico, Russia).

No, wrong again. 1) OECD is an association of industrialised countries. When comparing “apples with apples” their membership is normally used as classifying the “developed world”. OECD has nothing to do with the aid numbers.
2) The numbers I mentioned are total “aid” given to foreign countries both through multilateral organisations like the UN and through bilateral aid given directly to one country from another. All aid was included in these numbers.

Nope. I went to a public school. Mind your p's and q's if you are going to talk shit

The one talking shit is you. Still nothing to add to the subject as such? Anything intelligent to say?

These things should be measured in % of GNI/GDP or per Capita in order to understand the priority an issue has in this countries policies - size of countries differ to much to just look at $. If you take the EU combined it spends about 2-3 times as much on foreign aid then the US in pure $ terms.

Using % to measure the priority is still not an accurate measurement though, especially when the economies being compared aren't the same. If you take the numbers I gave before (based on GDP):

USA: $11.44B
France: $5.23B
Germany: $7.67B
Japan: $8.17B

Total: $32.51B
Out of that, the US provides 35% of that total, France 16%; Germany 24%; Japan 25%. Numbers can be twisted a lot of different ways. Trying to cite proporational discrepancies would only work if the US GDP were closer to the same as France or Germany or Japan.

You also have to remember that social programs are the order of the day in nearly every EU country, versus the US which, in addition to massive aid programs has a private non-profit sector that dwarfs similar programs in other countries.

Just out of curiosity, how much % or total dollars does Australia provide?:P (j/k...)
Make light!