riddler

Did you get your license before the rules changed?

From the USPA web site:

USPA issued nearly 1,000 licenses in September as jumpers hurried to obtain skydiving licenses before qualifications were raised on October 1. Jumpers earned licneses in September as follows:

A-218
B-148
C-221
D-371

September's license total of 968 compares to 583 for the same month last year. USPA also issued an unusual 731 new licenses in August, also attributed to the rush.

Someone should tell USPA to run spell-check before they post stories :P
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I didn't bother, decided to get some quality jumps in (coach jumps) instead of the 100 i needed for my C. Well worth it too. :)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

decided to get some quality jumps in (coach jumps) instead of the 100 i needed for my C. Well worth it too.

You fool... Everyone knows a licence makes you better, not some silly quality stuff....:P

Good move....

oh, DUH! I'll remember that NEXT... quantity over quality, got it;):)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

C-221

Yea, I'm one of those. Actually had the paperwork in when nobody was in the office (hurricane). C-33989

I know, I don't really need it, but shit, I've done the night jumps, and those, a couple hundred more jumps, and an S&T/A signature is all that's holding me from my "D". No biggie though, since I now qualify for everything a "D" holder was allowed to do before, including Nationals and open field Demos.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

yah i think i got in before the rush.. havn't got my card yet and i faxed it in but not sure if they recived it... can do anything i want anywasy with my c.. not really caring anyways.. i'll have 500 hopefully by this summer and well can't do what i want withought the numbers anyways...(not to mention i need skill improvment too)........

Wingnut -

I also got in before the rush, but they somehow missed my application and I didn't get my number until this past Monday (C-34326). I had to call to sort everything out (they were nice nice about getting me a number that day). People had gotten their cards before me and had faxed in their application at the same time. You may want to give USPA a call to make sure. Good luck!

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

I finally got my 'D' license early in the summer, I had more then 500 jumps - the "new" requirements, even though I could've gotten it years ago under the old ones.

Having bigger licenses does not make you a better skydiver. Don't get the license unless you really believe that you're that good.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I had the jumper numbers and all the night qualifications (plus some).
But I'm gonna re-do all the accuracy requirements to be more honest in accuracy..I usually land out from
the busier landing area and don't really aim for a target as in a pea-gravel..I will apply in about 25 more jumps..maybe dedicate one day or a whole weekend doing hopNpops..
I got 546 (still counting:)

I did B|.....although I didn't really have to rush. I;ve kinda been jumping like a mad woman since I graduated AFF in March. I sent in my "D" paperwork in early August, wited 4 weeks for official card and it STILL is not listed in the mag, despite it being in my hand for almost 2 months now.....;)

It's all goody in the hoody.....as I get ready to leave for The Keys Boogie and with a little luck from the weather Gods, make my first beach jump.

Hugs to all........D

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...