CanuckInUSA

A must see video from the Eloy Holiday Boogie?

Thanks to my work colleague Burt, I found a place to host my "Bellas II" movie preview which is basically a one song video of my Eloy Holiday Boogie experience. It can be found at:

http://www.teamcolo.org/preview.wmv

The color's are a little funky, but that's the price I had to pay when I converted my 1.5 gig AVI file into a 16.4 meg WMV file.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Nice Steve!

Quite a few of those clips got firewired to me at Eloy and I'm burning DVD's as I type this.

Mine goes an hour though. Those flocking jumps are spectacular visuals. On that one with Omar, Greg Gasson got underneath the whole thing, and I've never seen anything like it.

No BASE jumping in mine, either. :P

No BASE jumping in mine, either. :P

I don't know if you got to meet Winnie (she's not a DZ.COMer), but she's the BASE jumper. Sweat, adorable and innocent on the outside, but quite adventurous and devilish on the inside. I'm not sure if she knows how much she's inspired me, but she has. :) It's too bad she's back in the UK right now. [:/]

Not workin on my computer pal. [:/] It's not playing video.

You may need to look into upgrading your media player? I know in the past I've had issues viewing a WMV file and it seems to be related to incompatible codecs (spelling?). PM me if you have issues as there are other options towards getting you something to watch.

some of the earlier tracking dives were a bit abrupt.

With the editing or with the footage? If it's the footage all I can say is that I don't fly with a ring site and I still have minor issues with going low on tracking dives (though my tracking skills got better the more tracking dives I did in Eloy).

NOICE! You have some choice pieces of footage there

Thanks ... I was worried there for a while in terms of getting some birdman footage. But I found a way. Hey I'll be joining the flock soon as I'm well on my way towards putting together a 2nd rig for wingsuit jumps. ;)

nice vid steve!!! got a question for ya.... the birdman footage you have, first is chuck then there are three wingsuit flyers... is billvon and vectorboy those two flyers??? cuz if it is i'm pretty sure i was the other flier in the yellow wingsuit..... i compared my video to "yours" and am pretty sure it's me.... the flight path seems right as does the horizon......who took that video?? i'd like to see more of it if possible....... once again not to bad at all...... can't wait to see the "full" version sometime soon.....

nice vid steve!!! got a question for ya.... the birdman footage you have, first is chuck then there are three wingsuit flyers... is billvon and vectorboy those two flyers??? cuz if it is i'm pretty sure i was the other flier in the yellow wingsuit..... i compared my video to "yours" and am pretty sure it's me.... the flight path seems right as does the horizon......who took that video?? i'd like to see more of it if possible....... once again not to bad at all...... can't wait to see the "full" version sometime soon.....

The video (if I'm not mistaken) came from Dave (the fellow from the UK). At least it was off of his feed that I got those wingsuit jumps. So if you do recognize the jump, then you made my video. In fact I had kind of a last minute decision to include another jump I did with you or a jump I did with Mike (Aviator) and I chose Mike because you had plenty of time in Gimp's video.

Anyway, this song is far from complete as changes will be made (I view it as a Beta release). I didn't notice it at first, but PhreeZone did point out to me that the opening sequence isn't always on cue and that was because that part of the video was made last and was rushed. But I have all year to fine tune it as I don't have enough good footage to make a full movie right now. [:/]

Its the same jump wingi..... erh a Dave.:ph34r: Nice job steve who shot that birdman footage? Overall nice job on the whole thing.

Oh you just like the video because you're a rock star in the main tracking sequence. If you'll notice though, earlier on in the song I showed the clip where I thought I had the Omar slot, but I cut it just before you jumped in front on me. :P

I miss Eloy too and I miss those fun tracking dives.