skyesspot

Sunshine's Broken Ankle

Got copies of all the xrays. I"m in pain, i hate this. I suck at walking with crutches. I actually heard the bone break on landing. My foot was stuck in the mud while my body kept moving forward and i heard i big snap. Ouchy...

Hi Sunshine

Sorry etc.:( How did you finally get to the hospital? Anyone say when the last truck got unstuck from the "cling on's" (mud).

R.I.P.

Yeah, they did get the trucks out, took two tow trucks.

For the record, I took my Dakota all the way across the field to the fence to pick up a cutaway first thing in the morning and didn't get stuck.

Dude was afraid to get his cute paramedic Explorer dirty.

When wheeling, one must remember to WHEEL!

Hi Sunshine

Sorry etc.:( How did you finally get to the hospital? Anyone say when the last truck got unstuck from the "cling on's" (mud).

they had an emergency truck, and an ambulance that stayed on a dry enough area on the landing area.
So instead of driving the SunnyOne from the field, we had to walk her off the field..
Probably better anyways, it would have hurt a lot driving off of there, since the terrain in that area is bad.

sorry to hear this suuny.. when i caled you by acident i was suprise first to hear your voice and anothr time to hear that you were in the hospital and had broken you ankel.... heal fast.....

Heal..Heal...
Broke my damn Arm right before Rantoul last year
Poled it right into ground messed up landing..
Didnt stop me from going to Rantoul broken arm and all.
Still enjoyed the siminars etc. Bought a high performance
Scooter while I was there..Broke other Arm..
What a Bitch..left with Two Broken Arms .

Im ready now though...B|

Hi Sunshine, I am so sorry to hear about your broken ankle. Did you break both the tib and the fib? Are you going to need surgery? Has an orthopedic surgeon seen it yet? Sorry, for so many questions.

When I broke mine in January, the ER splinted it before it was reset, the pain was excrutiating. When I finally got in to see the orthopedist he pulled the ankle and got everything aligned, felt 100 times better.

Assistance in the shower is much needed.

Bed, Bath, and Beyond has an inexpensive shower seat, get the one without the back, I had to turn mine sideways to get it in the tub.

Before you fly home call the airlines and let them know you are in a wheelchair, they will let you board earlier, and have assistance ready for you at the gate.

Don't be afraid to ask for more pain meds. I can't say they do a whole lot for the pain, but they sure improved my attitude! LOL!

Hope you heal fast, and when the doctor tells you that you can't jump for 5 months just smile.

Blues,

Teresa

That's what drugs are for, some morphine, some versed,, she'd woulda like my medicine

The medic guy couldn't get the IV in. He tried on each arm then gave up so i had no pain meds for a while.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Awww - so sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident Sunnyone! Hopefully you feel better soon, and jumping sooner. ;)

Glad to hear that you were well taken care of by the Byron crew. They are the best, aren't they ? Seeya next time - maybe on that roadtrip we were talking about.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I am so sorry to hear that you got hurt! Last thing I saw before leaving the DZ staturday night was you enjoying Roysplaything attributes ;) and then the next thing I read about you is that you got hurt.
That sucks!!!

Get well soon girl!

"We see the world just the way we are...

I'd get well faster if someone would be nice enough to go get my vicodin prescription filled. I"m kinda unable to drive and i'm almost out of pills. The ER only gave me a few to take home.

Sorry to hear about your ding, Sunny, and hope you heal quick.

Had to get my wife out of that field a few years ago after she broke her back from a bad landing, but at least it wasn't muddy then. It was kinda fun having her in a body cast for 8 weeks, but I can't say I recommend it to people who don't have current SOs...;)anyway, good luck and heal fast.
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Doesn't Iwan have some left over from his shoulder?

I have his leftover bottle. It's almost gone. I'm gonna run out before the day is over.

At least i had fun during the freefall portion of that skydive. :)

I'd get well faster if someone would be nice enough to go get my vicodin prescription filled. I"m kinda unable to drive and i'm almost out of pills. The ER only gave me a few to take home.

Work it SunnyGirl:)
And get well.. you got lots of jumping safari's planned for this year

I"m kinda fucked in the head right now. I honestly have no desire to jump again. Maybe i'll change my mind, i dunno...

It, of course, is totally your choice, darlin, but no matter what....

I ain't giving up my number!!!

Get well soon, please.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1