Slappie

If you won the Lottery?

What would you do with all the money? The Texas Lotto is at 5mil .. Let's use that as a base number.

Me I've thought of that day happening. I would probably quit my job *DUH* an buy a nice big comfy motorhome an travel from DZ to DZ across the country. Jumping as much as possible. I would also take some of the cash an do some creative investing so I didn't go broke. I read somewhere that almost ALL Lotto winners are broke again in 5 to 10 years. I'd probably pave the runway at Spaceland.. Build a nice house close to a DZ so when not on the road I'd have a place to crash. sheeeesh the possibilities are endless with that much money :S

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

hmmm, buy a larger plane for our dz (we have a 182) and more or less donate it to reduce jump tickets. i of course would get free jumps for life. maybe buy a piece of property (or the piece the dz is on) and build a bigger clubhouse/classroom, maybe with indoor packing. non-skydiving related? quit my job and set up my dream workshop at home to do custom cabinet making. a couple of new vehicles, nothing real radical. travel more, invest some. live it up! main thing is keep the lifestyle simple.

money may not buy happiness, but being broke sucks.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I'd make sure Mom and Dad were set, get a decent motorhome and jump my little ass off! Hehe - that's funny! In a past life, I would have gotten a bigger apartment and actually furnish it (haven't had bedroom furniture for a year - at this point I realize I don't need it!) Now I would get rid of all my stuff and be completely free. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Don't tease me! I wish it would come true!

Fall in dove.

Me?, much the same. Comfy, roomy motor home, and go jump every place I could find. (I get lost a lot):S
I'd buy one house w/in walking distance from an Otter havin DZ in the south or west and one house the same way up north. That way when I'm sick of driving around lost I can just live six months in FL. or Texas or Arizona or California and six months in OH.;)
After reading Doves' post I feel like compelled to edit, I too, would also see to it my family would be set.:)-

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

I would quit my job first.

Than, I would set-up some type of system that would invest at least half the money somewhere that I couldn't waste it all at once. I need to spread the wasting out over my lifespan.

Than, I would pay off all my loans so I would be debt free.

After that, I would probably leave for an extremely long skydiving/beach/mountain/safari/desert/forest/hiking/mountainbiking/ski/camp/drive-fast-cars/pro sport game/skydiving vacation and just have a total blast and relax while gone as well.

When I got home, I would probably share the wealth with immediate family by paying off loans, buying new cars, etc.

Also, I would start with pilot lessons. I would probably want to go all the way up to multi-engine, instrument and all the other ones so I can fly almost anything. I just would not go all the way for airline cert. Perhaps buy one of those small training jets for a little fun flying.

What about you? :)
PS. I would put TONS of cash on my account at Skydive Wayne County and perhaps some other choice places so I could just go and jump whenever and not have to worry. Also, that would set them up pretty well for ahwile.

http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Try to beat Kittinger's record, of course.;)

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

if I won 5 mil... I would start a scholarship for student who wanted to jump but couldnt afford it(bet amber wouldve loved that)
then I would take 20 % and hand it out to ppl I though needed it(this would take a LONG TIME, I wouldnt be in a rush)
then can you say FREE JUMPS!!!!!!!!
maybe it would be called the "win the lottery" boogie!
My photos

My Videos

Let's just say I'd be on the phone to Rigging Innovations for my voodoo, then I'd be looking for a Porter for my DZ.

Good thing you didn't get a Mirage, or there wouldn't be enough left for the Porter.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Let's just say I'd be on the phone to Rigging Innovations for my voodoo, then I'd be looking for a Porter for my DZ.

Good thing you didn't get a Mirage, or there wouldn't be enough left for the Porter.

Sheeeeeeeesh you guys VECTOR is the only container you'll ever need!! :P Why spend the money on inferior product!! [slips on flame suit]

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

What would you do with all the money? The Texas Lotto is at 5mil .. Let's use that as a base number.

Well, there WAS a post in there...
I'd quit my current job and do something else, where I can quit for months at a time and go jump, ski, travel, etc. There are lots of options. Probably move from Houston. Make sure my nephews could go to college (they probably can anyway). Grad school/professional school for my son. A 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo for him too. Help some relatives in Argentina. Donate some. Probably NOT jump my brains out, though. That'd be too much like work then.
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I have had this same conversation with friends several times. But were were referring to the Powerball when it was lik $140mil. I do all the family shit like set my parents and sister up with what ever they want. Then I would either buy/or start my own DZs. One in Minnesota and one down south somewhere. I would have kick ass wind tunnels at both DZs. I would also put a tunnel in the new addition at the Mall of America, to pay for my other two. Then I would purchase two Dash-34 Otters for my DZs and a CASA for my boogies and stuff. I would charge enough for jump tickets so I can break even, and I would give staff jumps for $5.00. I would also buy a big RV so my friends and I could travel around and go to a bunch of boogies.

Me I've thought of that day happening. I would probably quit my job *DUH* an buy a nice big comfy motorhome an travel from DZ to DZ across the country. Jumping as much as possible. I would also take some of the cash an do some creative investing so I didn't go broke. I read somewhere that almost ALL Lotto winners are broke again in 5 to 10 years. I'd probably pave the runway at Spaceland.. Build a nice house close to a DZ so when not on the road I'd have a place to crash. sheeeesh the possibilities are endless with that much money :S

"Insurance should called In case shit happens, if shit don't happen shouldn't I get my money back?"