SpeedRacer

Does it still make your heart pound?

does your heart still pound fast when the plane levels out on jump run??B|

Oh definetly, and I hope it never stops. I'm not really "scared" anymore per se, as much as I am excited. Like I get giddy when I hear that engine die down. Ooooh....I gotta go jump, all this talk.... :)

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

So..how many jumps do you have, and....does your heart still pound fast when the plane levels out on jump run?? Mine still does....
B|

Nope....my heart is still beating normally on jump run....it's when I hear "SET!" that it starts beating faster... B|

Mike

Actually, when it level out for jump run my stoamch heaves from the roller-coaster feeling. I hate that.

My heart doesn't pound, it steadies. I'm not "excited" when the door opens or when I exit. I am jump simply cool with everything.

That's a better feeling than any adrenaline rush. Still get the rush on openning though. :P
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

When the plain goes on jump run the beat picks up. When the door opens, it speeds up a bit more. When I hit the wind, feel the cool on my face, my heart rate drops back down and all it good in the world. And I hope it never changes.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

i have 550+ jumps and no it dosnt[:/]
I even tryed to wear a puls(heatbeat) watch(connected to my torso)from ground-air-ground,and i didnt have any notiable different.The biggest dif were as i made a swoop,but you couldnt tell were i jumped out of the plane.. it were still fun through:P

Would like to try the same on a BASE,im sure it will be a different storryB|:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I thought that the feeling that my heart is going to come out of my chest was something that would go away with more jumps. Its funny thinking about it, because as I stand on the edge of the plane about to jump I feel like I'm going to slip and fall out and it freaks me out, even though the purpose of being there in the first place is to (properly) fall out.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

I thought that the feeling that my heart is going to come out of my chest was something that would go away with more jumps.

It will;) you just need to considder that 2 jumps maby dont does it(your profile;)).Nothing about flaming you here,i just thourght that were fun:PYou will be more relaxed as you reach jump no 100:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Mine still does....

Me too, especially the first jump of a given day. B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

When we get to altitude the air has a unique smell to it(you all know what im talking about)

Cool, I thought I was the only one who smelled that. :D Does anyone know why that is?

Anyway I only have low jump numbers, but before the last couple jumps I did I spent a lot of time in the tunnel with a great instructor (thanks Boxman). For those last couple jumps I found my fear and terror before going out the door was replaced by pure excitement because I konw what I had to do and knew without a doubt I could do it. Heart still about jumped out of my chest though :)

When we get to altitude the air has a unique smell to it(you all know what im talking about)

Cool, I thought I was the only one who smelled that. :D Does anyone know why that is?

That's the smell of adrenaline. ;)

P-
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

When we get to altitude the air has a unique smell to it(you all know what im talking about) That smell gets my heat beat up. And I love it.

EDIT: (sp)

Yea, its the smell of barotrauma:P
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Cool, I thought I was the only one who smelled that. Does anyone know why that is?

There is the theorie of gases expanding in higher altitudes and then finding their ways through the jumpsuit to everybodys nose... I think this effect is called "exit farting". Because when you smell those stinky things it's almost time to exit! Been there, smelled that...

Feet up!

Max

Damn Right it does and I get cottonmouth as soon as the door opens. I love the feeling though!!

Hey, that is exactly how I feel, Kai.

It's nice to hear so many experienced jumpers say they still get nervous after so many jumps. I've heard a few people say otherwise, but I couldn't imagine my heart not always beating a little fast before jumping out of an airplane, and personally, I hope it always does!
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson