Kramer

My Whuffo F'ed Up!!

So this guy I know comes up to me a few weeks ago and tells me that him and his brother wanna make a skydive. Great...I set it all up for them, a static line jump, yadayada...today's the big day.

So on the car ride to Richmond, they're askin me what they'll be doing, and I tell them that they've got like a 4 hour class to go through before they jump. My friend's brother says "I'm sure that'll be easy common sense stuff", and I said "well, actually you might be surprised at some of the things you'll learn, I'd hardly call it common sense".

Yada-yada...they get out of their class this afternoon, and his brother comes up to me and goes "yeah, that was all pretty much common sense". But hey...who am I to argue? ;)

Well I get on the Cessna load with them. It's my friend, my friend's brother, their instructor, and I. Well I get out after these two guys I brought to the DZ today, and while I'm under canopy, I notice that one of them (Mr. Common Sense) is WAYYY downwind, on what is a pretty windy day. I chuckle, knowing that he has a radio, and surely someone will talk him down to a safe landing.

I land...walk back to the hanger, and someone goes "your little friend rode in a malfunction". "Whhaatttt???" :o I say.

Turns out Mr. Common Sense missed the part in the class where they told him to kick out of line twists. The guy rode in a canopy with line twists, from what I'm told, hit the ground pretty hard, flipped over a couple times, and basically laid there until someone (namely Jason Yasuda (thank you) from what I understand) got to him.

Anyway, he's fine, but on the ride home he was tellin me all about how his radio stopped working, and that he thinks they just have bad equipment at the DZ. He also explained to me how a tandem works...apparently the student just jumps out, then the instructor dives out after them and hooks the rig up to them while in freefall...which was news to me. ;)

All's well in whuffo-ville, fear not!! At least the dude's alive.

Cory

PS: Two more jumps to my A!! Woohoo!!! :D

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

apparently the student just jumps out, then the instructor dives out after them and hooks the rig up to them while in freefall...

or drops them througha trap door.......waits a couple seconds and then goes out after them. Stupid fucking Dropzone movie >:(>:(>:(
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

if he keeps saying the gear was faulty give him some golf clubs. some people just won't learn and/or wont listen to reason. glad he survived and was not hurt, tell him good luck and commend him for jumping. thats all you can do.
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

Hey Now...wait a minute...I have that movie...and personally I think it is friqqin hilarious!!! and besides all that...we have "that" porter at our DZ this year...altho a differant color scheme...it is here!!! Blue Skies
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

Anyway, he's fine, but on the ride home he was tellin me all about how his radio stopped working, and that he thinks they just have bad equipment at the DZ.

Un-fucking-believable. He fucks up, and blames the equipment. Kramer, what kind of people do you call friends?

He also explained to me how a tandem works...apparently the student just jumps out, then the instructor dives out after them and hooks the rig up to them while in freefall...which was news to me

So he thinks he's going to explain skydiving to a skydiver? I feel vindicated. This guy must've had his head up his ass the entire time he was on the DZ. I'm glad he's not hurt, but dude, do you really want him coming back?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Un-fucking-believable. He fucks up, and blames the equipment. Kramer, what kind of people do you call friends?

For the record, I just met this character this morning before we left for the DZ. And his brother (who I refer to in this thread as my "friend") and I really aren't that good of friends...more just some guy I know. ;)

that's a real cool story...
and for the tandems thing... whawwww... we just give the passenger a tandem rig and chuck them out of the plane... As the tandem cypres fires higher, they are almost always fine :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hrmmm........at least he is ok...

This reminds me of the time I told my Dr. that he was reading my X-rays wrong.:ph34r:

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

LMAO!

Reminds me of a guy I went to high school with - older brother of one of my friends. He showed up in one of the static line FJC's I was teaching with a couple other guys I went to school with.

There were 2 Cessna loads in that class; he was on the first one. I only had one rig so I had to land with the plane after the first load so I could throw the next three out. When I got back to the hangar to debrief everyone and fill out logbooks he'd already left.

Found out from a packer that he'd never unstowed the brakes. Turned with rear risers, no flare, ate dirt on the landing. Guess he knew he'd screwed up cuz he booked outta there in a hurry.

I had to laugh. :ph34r:

Well I'm glad I paid attention during ground school. On my first AFF jump, my radio failed and fortunately I remembered what they taught me because I landed beautifully within 50 yards of the target. I was proud of that jump because I didn't panic and I realized that I did have the power to save my own life.

Chris

they get out of their class this afternoon, and his brother comes up to me and goes "yeah, that was all pretty much common sense".

There's nothing common or sensible about people falling from the sky. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hey I take offense to the golf club comment. Although clubs to impact the direction of the ball, and can infact hamper a players ability.

I say give him a gun.:P

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Oops. I think the tandem misunderstanding was my fault.

Remember when I told you guys that Jason took me on a tandem for my 29th jump? I was talking about how scared I was because I didn't have my own rig and wasn't attached to Jason until about 10,000 feet.

Well, I meant 10,000 feet on the way UP.

He must have thought the tandem master and I hooked up at 10,000 feet -- on the way down.

BWA HA HA HA HA. Guess that teaches me to watch how I say things to whuffos.

Seriously though, I'm so glad he's OK. I was so scared watching it happen -- my eyes started to tear up, because I thought for sure he was going to hit one of the electrical fences, a building or power lines.

He was very, very lucky.

Hehehe...yeah exactly. I remember you telling that story, so on the way back home, he was sayin all this stuff to me about not bein hooked up when you leave the plane....which made me think he got that from you. It's all good though...I was crackin up, broke my heart to tell him he was wrong. ;)

Seriously though, I'm so glad he's OK. I was so scared watching it happen -- my eyes started to tear up, because I thought for sure he was going to hit one of the electrical fences, a building or power lines.

He was very, very lucky.

Yeah, I kinda figured this was the case. I told him in the car that he can thank whatever he believes in that he's sitting in here with the ability to bitch at me about the "equipment" problem...'cause he should be dead or in the hospital. [:/]

It was good meetin ya Maggie.

The important thing is..... did your friend learn from his mistake? Does he now know how to identify and fix line twists?

A.) Probably so.
B.) I don't think it matters, 'cause I'd be willing to bet this guy doesn't step foot on a DZ the rest of his life. He was pretty tramatized.

Hrmmm........at least he is ok...

This reminds me of the time I told my Dr. that he was reading my X-rays wrong.:ph34r:

Joe

I showed a mechanic how to fix the cotter pin that held the clutch together. He had the gaul to charge me for 'work". I went to the register, and said, I'll pay for the pin, but I want YOU guys to pay ME for teaching your mechanic. Hope you didn't pay for your doc "reading" your x-ray..
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]