sunshine

Could you date someone that had a sex change?

Uh oh, I wonder if this thread should be moved to Speaker's Corner. ;)

Personally, I don't think I could date someone who had a sex change. Probably just because it would be too weird for me, and there are a lot of issues that need to be dealt with on both sides--I'm not sure I'd be able to handle them.

There is a very interesting series on Showtime called "The Opposite Sex" that follows the lives of transgenders, before and after surgery. There has been a show on both female-to-male and male-to-female transgenders. There is also a panel discussion show that accompanies the series. Worth a look.

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

no.

i only date/sleep with/would consider long term partnership with females. I have no issues with anyone else's dating preferences, or lifestyle choices. If you wish to live like the opposite sex thats up to you..even to the point of surgical alteration, but dont expect me to give you the same consideration as a mate I do to someone who is really female..

Sunshine why did you have to go start something like this.

Because i was curious. I didn't intend for it to get outta control and get moved to speakers corner. I just really wanted other people's opinions.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Sunshine why did you have to go start something like this... Stop judging people and take them for who they are.

discussion is always a good thing.

do you take people for who they are? or who they wish they are? there is a difference...

Ok, say you really like someone and wanna date them. Then they tell you they used to the other sex. Could you date someone knowing that they had a sex change?

You, uhh, trying to tell us something?? :D:P;)

FFF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

imo: you date someone for Who they are at the Present time. so, if i fell in love with someone, who i later learned they had a sex-change ~ yes, i would continue to date them.

i agree with your theory - but in all honesty - i don't know what i'd do if i were presented with the situation. [:/] there are some things that are hard to get past mentally. if i knew they had had a sex change before dating them, i probably would have the never 'opened the gate' to sexual realationship possibilities. if i didn't know until after we were dating, i would feel very deceived and it would probably ruin everything.

i hate to seem shallow, but i just don't think i could mentally get over it. but who knows.... i've never been in the situation, and probably never will. i know the heart can do strange things to the mind. :)