sunshine

Could you date someone that had a sex change?

Ok, say you really like someone and wanna date them. Then they tell you they used to the other sex. Could you date someone knowing that they had a sex change?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

No way . . . that person is, in two words, FUCKED UP. Hell, I dumped someone because he used to be a crossdresser, which was far from ok with me. Anybody seen the Dateline special where the men who had been married for 20+ years got sex-change operations and stayed married to their wives? That's just yucky!

But I do think it would bother me more if I knew them as both sexes . . . it's just creepy for your guy to be a guy one day and a girl the next. :S

Kelly

Yes I would. You're going to get some pretty ignorant answers to this one

Thats ok, most threads get ignorant answers. :D I was watching Becker the other night (it was the only thing on since i don't have cable). Anyhoo, the chick he liked used to be a man and it freaked him out. Just wondering what other people think.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

No way, it's too strange. relationships are tough as it is, not to mention if you add that to it. Definitly not!

blue skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Could you date someone knowing that they had a sex change?

imo: you date someone for Who they are at the Present time. so, if i fell in love with someone, who i later learned they had a sex-change ~ yes, i would continue to date them.

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

that person is, in two words, FUCKED UP

Aren't we all fucked up to a degree? I guess there are some people who do have "issues" but from what I've read and seen there seems to be some evidence that these people are really born into the wrong bodies. That something happens during the development of the embryo and the brain goes one direction and the body goes another. That physically they are one sex but mentally they are another. Oprah had a show about it not too long ago and there were children who were just so uncomfortable in their own skin... It was extremely interesting. Now as far as would I date someone who is dealing with this, I don't know. Like someone else said, relationships are hard enough as it is. I really don't think you can compare cross dressing with someone being transgendered though. That's completely different.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200405/tows_past_20040512.jhtml

keith, with all due respect, could you please explain to me how someone's personal dating preferences can be ignorant? :S

Sure. Let's take Kelel01's response above - No offence Kelele01. She said she wouldn't date a transgendered person because they'd be "FUCKED UP." If you ask any transgendered person they'll tell you they were fucked up Before their reassignment, and normal after. The term "ignorant" means 'not knowing' Not "stupid." My point is people are going to make judgements based on something they know Nothing about.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

***keith, with all due respect, could you please explain to me how someone's personal dating preferences can be ignorant? :S***

Sure. Let's take Kelel01's response above - No offence Kelele01. She said she wouldn't date a transgendered person because they'd be "FUCKED UP." If you ask any transgendered person they'll tell you they were fucked up Before their reassignment, and normal after. The term "ignorant" means 'not knowing' Not "stupid." My point is people are going to make judgements based on something they know Nothing about.

well, i have to disagree in this case. the assumption that a transgendered person is "fucked up"... yes, i would call that ignorant in a "not knowing" sense. however, the question is, would you date a transgendered person? a lot of that comes down to politics, religious beliefs, morals, etc. i used to have a good friend who was in the process of a sex change. i would not, however, find myself dating someone with that background. that is simply a personal preference.

EDITED: just to add... damn i'm in the mood for a debate! :D sorry, keith. :P

I just think that if you are born something, that is what you are meant to be. I was not meant to be born a goat. I was born a human female, and I was meant to be born a human female. And if you ask me, just because you have your hoo-hoo cut off does not make you a woman. You are still a man and always will be. You cannot bear children, and there's no way around that. A woman who becomes a man cannot ejaculate sperm and impregnate a woman. I don't want to be with someone who is so unbelievably confused and thinks that that will help.

Kelly

One of my buddies and I were hanging out. He pointed out a woman in the bar (fake boobies). He said that he went out with her a few times and she said that she was formerly a man. Over the course of the evening, the subject came up and she confirmed it.

Personally, yes, I had a problem with it. It was really strange and uncomfortable because in my mind, she was still a man.

Beyond that, she was as f-ed up as a soup sandwich.
I've dated more than a few people with problems. She just had ones that I'd never ran into.
"Please check 'D - all of the above' "

You cannot bear children, and there's no way around that. A woman who becomes a man cannot ejaculate sperm and impregnate a woman.

Kelly,

Not trying to attack you, but there are a lot of - how shall I say this? - 'real' women that can't bear children and 'real' men that can't impregnate one. So, you can't use the procreation thing to establish gender.

I agree that cutting off the 'hoo hoo' does not make you a woman. There would still be a lot of shaving to do.

- topher
"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

that person is, in two words, FUCKED UP

Sunshine why did you have to go start something like this?

I'm with Keith and MissKriss on this one. It is a difficult issue and personally it would not be easy for me to date a transgendered person who shows too many male characteristics. But to blindly say that they are fucked up without knowing what sort of torments this person has had to deal with in their life is not right. The religious people seem to have that hardest time with these sort of things because their bible tells them that their God made people the way they were supposed to be made and that whole bible thing-a-ma-bob seems to black and white when the reality we live in is very much grey. Many so called experts in the transgendered and homosexual communities are now saying that people seem to be born with these feelings. Yet the religious people tend to think these people choose these lifestyles and that all they need is that Jesus dude in their lives. Horse-hocky I say. The religious people are just as fucked up as everyone else.

If you don't want to date someone because there is something about them that seems wrong, then that's okay. It's your life and you can choose who you want to be with. But the world would be a better place if we didn't judge people different than ourselves and this is just one more example of how fucked up the main stream population can be just as much as how fucked up these people who are different than everyone else is.

Stop judging people and take them for who they are.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over