sunshine

Could you date someone that had a sex change?

i know the heart can do strange things to the mind.

tis true statement b* :)
this thread reminds me of the movie Boys Don't Cry. that movie made me see things in a different perspective.

oh b*, you aren't shallow at all.... you and i are some happy little in-love-baby-cakes ~ that's all.

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Yes I would. You're going to get some pretty ignorant answers to this one :S

keith, with all due respect, could you please explain to me how someone's personal dating preferences can be ignorant? :S

No disrespect to anyone answering this but it would be illustrative to look at what are personal choice and what are merely ingrained responses of the tribal collective.

When your personal choices are the same as those of the vast majority of the members of your society ...they don't seem very personal.

In answer to the original question, if I find someone I enjoy, love, trust and respect ...what else matters?

Michael

I am a straight woman, so unfortunately, my partner's physical makeup matters. And to me, if you say that it doesn't, then you are niether straight nor gay, of which probably 90% of us claim to be one or the other. You'd have to be bi-sexual. Sexual preference exists, and it tends to be fairly concrete for most people. Also, if my man decides that he should actually be a woman, then I didn't know him very well. You never know what's lingering under someone's surface, and sometimes when something comes out, it's a dealbreaker. That's just life.

Kelly

I know he was straight. That wasn't the issue.

Kelly

That's debateable Kel.

As for the question, I would not be able to date someone who used to be a different gender. Sure, they got surgery to turn themselves into a man, but they still have the female characteristics about them that just can't go away. I want a 100% man. I need real testosterone in a man. Not something that comes from a bottle.

And by the way, what is so bad about being a goat??? Goat's have feelings too, ya know. :D
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Remnants of this thread
http://dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1073380

If they looked like that it would make the decision a little more difficult;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

When your personal choices are the same as those of the vast majority of the members of your society ...they don't seem very personal.

Just because many people make the same personal individual choice doesn't mean that they are doing it because everyone else does.

I've seen you bring this subject up before. And it's been my experience that people who constantly rebel against what the rest of society is doing are having their choices controlled more by societal influence than those who don't care what the rest of society is doing.

Could you date someone knowing that they had a sex change?

Man, I just don't think I'm enough of a renaisance man for that. I love women because they are, well....women. Surgery and hormones will never turn a man into a woman. I do, however, feel very sorry for someone who is so conflicted in mind and body. That would suck.:S

No way. I don’t care how much of a great person they might be.
If I know from the start then there would never be an intimate relationship and if I found out after we have been dating then there would be hell to pay.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

and if I found out after we have been dating then there would be hell to pay.

Care to elborate on what "hell to pay" means. I'm not critizing you for NOT wanting to be with someone transgendered (after all it's a very touchy topic for all those involved). But usually when people say stuff like what you just said, something not at all pleasant is soon to follow. Are you of the same mindset of John Lotter and Thomas Nissen, or are you different?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Alright everybody.. let's keep it cool in here..
Accept people for who they are, and who they think they should be.
If you don't want to be in a relationship with someone who has had a change, that's fine and perfectly acceptable, that's your choice.

And keep changing sex, it keeps things exciting, solo, duo, trio, group, whatever sex you want :P

If I knew from the start there would be no problem as there would be no lies.

But if I was lied to you can be sure it would not be pleasant. I would feel mentally raped.
I really don't know how I would react but I know it would not be "oh that’s ok let me buy you a cookie"

I know I am supposed to say oh we are all different and we all make mistakes but sorry I rather be honest then politically correct
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

LMAO . . . I just re-read your post and understood what you were saying. :D:D:D

So you don't wanna sleep with a male frog/female frog/male frog . . . ? WTF is the matter with you? ;):D

Kelly

It could be just because I am dutch, we're prudes.. we don't like frogs. :P

If I knew from the start there would be no problem as there would be no lies.

But if I was lied to you can be sure it would not be pleasant. I would feel mentally raped.
I really don't know how I would react but I know it would not be "oh that’s ok let me buy you a cookie"

I know I am supposed to say oh we are all different and we all make mistakes but sorry I rather be honest then politically correct

Unless this fictional person took corrective measures at an early age, I think you would notice before your relationship ever started that they were different. Testosterone has a was of forever changing the body. But I do understand where you are coming from in the honesty versus lied to aspects of this subject and nobody would criticing you for feeling betrayed and hurt. However you said something "all hell to pay" in your previous post which sent up a huge red-flag which goes way beyond political correctness and is bordering on intolerance and possible violence.

Once again, this is a very touchy subject with no real right answer for all. Each and everyone of us has our personal reasons and we as a society would be better off if we didn't judge people for their differences. If you don't want to be with one of these people, no problem (as I said I would have issues with being with a masculine transgendered person). But what worries me is the interolance many people seem to exhume here.

Oh it's kind of funny that society seems to love picking on the MTF people. But what about the FTMs? There's out there and much harder to spot.

Crazy Dutch people . . . I'll never understand people from over there.

I can't say that I understand them either, but they sure seem like fun people with a great outlook on life and the world we live in. Life in Holland (minus the taxation) must be good. ;)