Viking

How much did you spend on your wedding ring?

engagement ring was about 4300, and my band was about 1200. the set i had picked out would have cost about 1800 total for both, and i would have been more then happy with that. but i love the ones he picked out because they came from him - his heart, his choice.
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

Oh....BTW.....Arthur...if you even have the THOUGHT of getting married so young.....I will fly to SoCal and kick your ass myself! BET!

Believe it or not this is the smartest reply on this tread buddy boy! I'm just wise enough to know that you won't listen to his advice on this subject and return you to your regularly scheduled poll.

I'll third that sentiment. Getting married that young is just asking for trouble.

But, as for the poll, I paid just under $4K for the ring for my late fiance. Marquis-cut solitaire in a platinum setting. Knowing what a witch her mother was, I made damn sure it was still on her finger when she was buried. :|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Oh....BTW.....Arthur...if you even have the THOUGHT of getting married so young.....I will fly to SoCal and kick your ass myself! BET!

This is the best reply to your poll Arther, although I'm wise enough to know that if you are in the market you won't listen, its too late. And now we return you to your regularly scheduled poll.

Paid about 2k for hers It looks nice on her hands and even better when she is doing things too me with her hands.

I paid about 375 for mine and never wear it as I stick my hands into 4 thousand volt cubicles and rotating equiptment every day at work. I'm not into jewelry as it makes me feel like an interior decorator or used car salesman.

I like watches not slim bodied ones like interior decorators or used car salesmen wear but big ones in stainless or tactical black that go to 300 feet below. Even though its been 2 years since I've been that far below.
If a watch has an altimeter and a laser designater I'm in hog heaven. Demerits if its doubles as cell phone. I'll trade you a rarely worn "man band" for a suunto vector watch in black.
No cracks about big watch ~small package!
general dynamics and G electric can make diamonds all day long so that whole two months salery ssssshhhhtick debeers says is out the window. Don't be fooled!

Wow, no options for under $1000 for the bride's ring!!??? Are wedding rings that expensive???

Check out Titanium Wedding Rings at this site. Some of them are WAY cool, and most are between $200 and $600. While they'll last you a lifetime, be warned that they DO scuff up almost right away (you'll see it in a mirror-polished ring) but still, the idea that it's titanium... is way cool too.

-

-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Believe it or not this is the smartest reply on this tread buddy boy! I'm just wise enough to know that you won't listen to his advice on this subject and return you to your regularly scheduled poll.

I'll third that sentiment. Getting married that young is just asking for trouble.

I have to TOTALLY agree with the guys, Arthur. Since I live in S. Ca, I will be the first one ready to KICK your ass...perhaps with my crutches, since I just broke my ankle. Michele may be able to join me as she is already fired up from the "kick Rosa's patootie" talk. Lol! :P

Arthur, sweetie, being in love for the first time is a very powerful emotion. That doesn't necessarily mean that you are ready to get married. Be careful and deliberate with your decisions. They will last a lifetime, so please be careful...be wise...

I'm not Hitched Yet, But I can tell you that my wifes ring will be in the area of $5,000 to $7,000. It's a long story, but becuase of my Grandparents distrust in banks and the loanable funds market, they put their savings into tangable items that would not depreciate in value. When They passed away, all of the grandchildren recieved the Diamonds that we will use for our spouses wedding rings or bands - A lot of sentimental value, much more than the actual value of the stones....
=========Shaun ==========

good thought! my husband's band is titanium. he works with his hands a lot at work and at home, and titanium is very durable (and cost effective). his ring has a really nice design, and hes totally happy with it! he didnt like any of the gold bands. he said they were too "flashy".
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

I have to TOTALLY agree with the guys, Arthur. Since I live in S. Ca, I will be the first one ready to KICK your ass...perhaps with my crutches, since I just broke my ankle. Michele may be able to join me as she is already fired up from the "kick Rosa's patootie" talk. Lol! :P

Arthur, sweetie, being in love for the first time is a very powerful emotion. That doesn't necessarily mean that you are ready to get married. Be careful and deliberate with your decisions. They will last a lifetime, so please be careful...be wise...

:D:$:D:$:D I'm not getting married any time soon guys. Liz said she would join in the ass whooping if i did it this early.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

does the "two months salary" thing still hold?

Some folks say 4 months is "appropriate". Doesnt matter. Its an absurd rule and no matter how much or little I make I dont let someone else tell me how much I "should" spend on a piece of jewelry.

Appropriate??!? For crying out loud.
Is it appropriate that I'm supposed to spend thousands of dollars to prove how much I love my wife?
Guess what? I have comitted to spending the rest of my life with her and never touch another woman again.
I think thats proof enough of my love.

Its a rock stuck to a hunk of metal folks.
Hideously overpriced as well.
Spend as much as you like but I'm not buyin into the crap.
Is my willingness to be ripped off by the jewelry industry a sign of my love?

I'll bet that men had little to do with the creation of this "rule" ;)
__

My mighty steed

Appropriate, schmappropriate . . . 4 months' salary is a huge chunk of change . . . I think regardless of what "they" say, that's ridiculous. If you want a standard, go with 2 months'. But who cares anyway? It's about the commitment.

Kelly

Ummm, mine was about $150. I didn't want a diamond ring. I have a gold band with a diamond in the band (flat). I'm very careless with jewelry and when I did have a big diamond ring, I would scratch myself, tear my nylons, ripe my clothes, it would get caught on everything, it was a disaster for me.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

It shouldn't matter what is spent on a wedding ring... When you are in love with someone, a silver band just to show you are married should suffice... In my first marriage I can't even remember what we spent on our rings but it didn't matter.
When I got engaged a few years ago we had ordered a 10,000.00 ring but that was because we had the money and it was pretty.. :$ .... I would have been happy just to know our love was bound on our fingers. ;) ... To know someone loves you so much to make the commitment to spend the rest of his life with you is worth much more than any ring.
Are you getting married?? :o:)

My b/f jokes that he could buy me a cz or one of those new synthetic diamonds & I wouldn't know the difference.

I said as long as its shiny :)
I really like the titanium idea!!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

My b/f jokes that he could buy me a cz or one of those new synthetic diamonds & I wouldn't know the difference.

I know a lady very well that gets quite a bit of enormous, very glamorous CZ and loves to torture some female companions that are, well , that petty that something like that tortures them.

In turn when she wears her real stuff, that is mostly family heirloom, she swears its only CZ. She gets called on it because the real stuff has some minor flaws. Which ironically adds a false validity to the fakes.

Mine bought me a fat diamond for our engagement. It was a 1.78 carat and I think he got it for around $8,500. The ring setting itself was inexpensive, gold with a solitaire setting (a couple hundred bucks). His friend was a jeweler so I think he got a good deal on it. It would have probably sold for twice that in a jewelry store. Our wedding bands were simple solid gold; his was thick, mine was thin. Those were only a couple hundred bucks.

In retrospect, I definitely agree with the "it doesn't matter what you spend". As long as she is comfortable wearing it and you love her, I am sure she will be flattered and love anything you get her. I certainly didn't need anything that extravagant and I used to just stare at it with amazement that anyone would buy me something so beautiful. Now, looking back though, I don't think it really meant that much to him so beautiful or not, it is what is in your heart that really matters.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Well, let's see... her e-ring was $10K+, her w-ring was $3K+, my w-ring is $2K+...

4 months is :S... her w-ring is plat w/1.5ct worth of VSI diamonds... I would have been hard pressed to spend more money on it and it not look stupid.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke