Viking

How much did you spend on your wedding ring?

Was just wondering what all you hitched/formerly hitched spent on your wife/husband's ring.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Yes, the month's salary thing is still a good standard to go by for the ENGAGEMENT RING . . . but it's all very personal. The 2 month's salary thing is just a guide-- i.e. If you make 100 grand a year, don't buy a thousand dollar engagement ring, because it'll make you look cheap. But damn, a thousand dollar ring sounds nice to me! ;):D

Kelly

I have friends who've spent upwards of $30K on rings, and some that haven't spent anything (heirloom rings, or bride didn't want a ring). I've helped a few friends pick out engagement rings for their ladies, and I must say, its quite a chore! One of the frustrating things about having lots of male friends is that you get dragged along on shopping expeditions for birthday, christmas, and other events. If you can, go somewhere where they have the stones and rings separate, so you can pick and choose. That way, if you like the setting, but the stone's really expensive, you can downgrade the size or quality of the stone and still end up with something pretty that she'll like. Robbins Brothers' is a good place, if there's one nearby.

It shouldn't really matter what you spend on a ring, because its what the ring represents that's important, not the ring itself. Just make sure the quality is decent, and its a style she likes, because hopefully, she'll be wearing it for quite a long time. Spend what you're comfortable spending. I don't think any girl who's truly in love with her guy would want him to break the bank over a ring.

I voted for $0-$500 fo rthe groom's ring...gold was cheap on the military post 10 years ago! ;)

My rings were another story...I'd guess 4 months of salary there (and my engagement ring was taken from my home 4 years ago. :()
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Huh...well Arther, I'll tell you next year what I spent.:P I can tell you what I spent on the engagement ring, but not publicly, since my fiance reads the forums and I purposely didn't tell her (no, it wasn't cheap).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

This is crazy - how much does a gold band cost. My wifes was like 100 pounds - $160 dollars for a 22 carat gold band.

Her engagement ring was about $2000 and my grooms band was found in her grandmothers garden...

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

I inherited my Mom's wedding ring before she died. It was over 30 years old when she gave it to me knowing that I was about to propose to my wife.

That ring is worth more to her and I than any amount of money posted for voting. :)

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

My wedding ring was $5600, not including the band. Personally, I don't think the size of the stone or the dollar amount should matters....what matters is that two people are truly love & in love with each other.
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

I'm sure you'll all be surprised to know that I spent a whopping $640 on my wife's engagement ring. I know, oodles.

I got it last November. I had a design in mind and visited a jewelry store in downtown LA's jewelry district. (Arhtur - trust me here. Make the trek to the Jewelry District in downtown LA. You can save hundreds of dollars on it. Seventh and Olive is where it starts, and go northeast - you can find some great stuff - and CHEAP!)

So I had the band, picked out a .77 karat brilliant cut diamond, and 2 smaller sapphires. A couple of hours later, it was ready to go.

It's beautiful (white gold). She loves it. I love it. And it wasn't expensive.

Dont' go buying any of this, "If you really love her, you'll sell your left testicle and pay 9 months worth of pay and sign over your car." Get something you like within your range.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I would say try and spend enough so you will both be proud of the ring for life. "Upgrades" to the ring as time goes by is kind of cheesy, in my opinion. A couple things about diamonds/jewlery:

1. They are not not investments, they are gifts. Don't buy into the salesman bullshit.

2. DeBeers has a virtual monopoly on the diamond market. Their propoganda is grotesque.

3. Buy her what you feel you can afford, ignore the 1 month/3 month thing.

I have only purchased one diamond in my life, and I went big......I won't do it again. I don't have anything against diamonds, I just think they are overrated. Personally, if I ever get married again, I'll go for a kickass Ruby or Emerald. Rember: It's a gift, not an investment.........invest in a maid!

Uhh, Lets see, it cost me my House, my Car, my life savings and What little was left of my Sanity. That was one VERY expensive ring.

I miss my Ex. (But my aim is getting better).

ROTFLMAO!!!:D

My first marriage, I was Wowed by a beautiful ring (almost 2 karats) but that obviously wasn't the key to a successful marriage. At some point, the karat weight becomes less important than the quality of the marriage.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Arhtur - trust me here. Make the trek to the Jewelry District in downtown LA. You can save hundreds of dollars on it. Seventh and Olive is where it starts, and go northeast - you can find some great stuff - and CHEAP!

I will certainly keep that in mind. :)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin