kevin922

Ashes... Closing Pins...

A few days ago I received a "thank you" from Bev (Holly's mom)... it was a closing pin. In itself it was a very nice gesture and I was touched, the accompanying card said that it was like the one that went with holly's ashes.. which didn't make much sense to me since there hasn't been an ash dive yet.

Only after talking to Bev to thank her did she explain the significance. They took one of Holly's closing pins to a jeweler who made a mold of it and made duplicates, then hollowed out the inside and placed some of Holly's ashes in then sealed it back up. They did a remarkable job as it appears to be a real closing pin.

I thought this was a great idea and it means a great deal to me - now a part of holly can be with me on every jump. Bev also wanted to let everyone know that she wishes she could have sent all of Holly's friends but they had to limit the number they sent out for obvious reasons.

Has this ever been done before that anyone knows of??

That is awesome! I've never heard of it.

I worked with Holly at Buckeye, and took her on most of her AFF jumps.

I still have a chrystal necklace that she gave to me. She was so nervous on the climb to altitude as a student, and would hold her chrystal necklace for comfort. Part of my gear check prior to exit was to secure her chrystal. She never made a jump without it.

When she graduated, she took it off and put it around my neck and thanked me for her new wings. That was a most amazing moment for both of us. That same chrystal has been off bridges and was around my neck in my own moments of need.

What an amazing girl Holly is....

....sounds like her Mom is pretty amazing too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

This gift to you is so very special. Cherish it always and know that she is with you. I never knew Holly, but she was very kind to me, here on the forums. Her Mother sounds as though she is also a very special person to have created this very special closing pin for you.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.