windcatcher

Weekend Numbers: 11/13-11/14

Alright, I had to start this thread because I had an interesting weekend at the dropzone, even though it started out really cold.

NOYB:2:1

2 coach dives w/ Steve, matching fall rates and tracking. I even got some stills and video, FINALLY!
I need to work out flattening out my body more when I track, but it sure felt great to be in the air w/ someone and not try to watch them try and keep up w/ me.My long legs always seem to get me in trouble when I jump w/ others, since I like to bring em up my butt which of course causes me to fall like a rock.

I had my first reserve ride, so now I owe my rigger his favorite bottle. :S
--brought my friend Melody out to do an observer ride, she wasn't even nervous watching me leave the plane! (I sure would be if I were an observer):D
Overall, I learned some important lessons and still had a lot of fun--I even got closer to learning to pack on my own. B|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

0/1/2

Cloudy all day on Saturday, however blue skies peeked through just in time to get one load in. I had just finished my pre-second pack job so what better load to get on!

I landed off and messed up my ankle and will now be out for a month and a half or so. Doh!

Beer for jumping own packjob and also for first jump out of the Cessna.
Killing threads since 2004.

:(:1:0

Went out to ISA today and got 1 really cool, and slightly cold jump in. Did a 3 way that two of us on the dive had a total of 66 jumps between us. We absolutely nailed the exit which was a great feeling :)
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

1 awesome weekend: 0 : 0

My rig is off at my rigger's right now getting a bath and repack so no jumping. Had an awesome weekend despite the lack of air.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

3-4 (seconds later and I wouldn't have known what hit me):2:0

Two fun freefly jumps yesterday.

Learned that I need to increase my awareness under canopy, especially on final, after finding out that someone passed behind me 90 degrees off the landing pattern 3-4 seconds after I'd landed in the grass on the second one. :S

No jumps, but my weekend was so very nice!

This hot guy to me to a Moroccan restaurant for my birthday. It was so delicious, and the belly dancer let me play with her finger cymbals! I even found red wine that I actually like! (I can't stand red wine.) It was an awesome dinner! I also forgot how nice it is to take naps on people's laps.

My Icon is finally getting all packed up! I got my belly dancing costume in! I slept 12 hours last night! :o
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

NYOB=Didnt get laid>:(:0:0

Stayed home.. bought a new Firewire card and am busily copying my VIDEO from tape onto the hard drive ( experimenting to see how fast 1 terrabyte of drive will fill up when recording to DIV-AVI)..... Including the Aubrey's with the Flying Elvi's and Michelles jump and others from Chicks Rock. SOOOO this is a fun way to spend a rainy overcast weekend in Seattle. Turkey Day in FL is coming so I will get in some jumps there.. somewhere...

1 awesome weekend: 0 : 0

My rig is off at my rigger's right now getting a bath and repack so no jumping. Had an awesome weekend despite the lack of air.

I too had an awsome weekend, Bridgetown BLue Festival.
IT ROCKEDB|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?