AggieDave

Marriage and changing names

and another guy post that he wouldn't be married to his wife now if they hadn't taken his last name and also give the baby certain initials. No one even commented on that. That in my view is having only one perspective

True it is only one perspective.

To me a 400 year tradition within a family with a name of which there is no second family in the world is important to me.

Thankfully my wife shared that perspective.

The whole point is choosing someone who meets your needs and desires so much, you do not want to live without them

I agree... and I believe the man that Val chooses to marry if she ever wishes to be married will be completely comfortable and confident that she keeps her own name.

Yay! You understand

Oh, I get it. The only opinion that shows understanding and intelligence is the opinion that agrees with yours.

Ok. wow.

No....MissKriss (I believe) took on a different name when she got married. Rosa said that she would. They don't agree with me. They understand, however. Jesus. People need to take courses in logic.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I know of 2 couples who decided to pick out a completely new last name when they got married. So they both changed thier names.

I guess thats OK but kinda retarted at the same time.
I'm old-fashioned and will take my husband's name. Unless it is Crapass. I dont think I'd even date a Crapass.
:ph34r:

When I get married, no matter to whom, I'm taking Val's last name.

Me too!

I don't think I could take my boyfriend's last name if we got married, because he has a creepy ex-wife who kept his name even though they were only married for two years. Anyway, I like my name. There's a strong family connection there for me.

The kids would probably get his last name.
Skydiving is for cool people only

I do? Huh????

Not keeping your name seems to be very hard for you. Hence it is hard to believe that it is illogical to think that keeping your name is hard on anyone.

It would be hard on me if I had to do it. So, yeah...that makes no sense.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

That's great for you. So, I'm assuming you have a son. What if you have only daughters.. do you want their future spouses to take their maiden names to keep the name going? Just for arguments sake..

I do have a son now yes. If I would have had only daughters, then nature would have ended the tradition and I would have been ok with that.

I adore MissKriss. She is so clever.

I don't like when people who all think alike gang up on someone who has different viewpoints than their own. Why does everyone care so much whether or not Val takes her future husband's last name? My guess is people became offended because she stated that she feels that it's illogical to go along with something that some others feel is personally a gift or something to cherish with the person whom they love. Their emotions are involved, although Val didn't mean to insult them in any way since she was speaking of her own feelings/ideas.

It's ironic because while Val has not insulted them with her own choice, some people have perceived her posts as insulting because her comments are (in their eyes) cutting down what they truly believe in with their hearts and minds. It's only one person's opinion. Does that make sense?

You want to hear a story..? My ex husband named our first born daughter because he asked if he could and as a loving wife I bestowed this honor upon him. I really wasn't enthused with the name at all he chose but he really loved it and I have grown to love it because it's hers. It was an unusual name so I asked him where he heard it. He said he remembered someone in highschool by that name and he always liked it. I asked him if it was a former girlfriend and he promised no it was not and it was just a name he heard and thought it was beautiful like our little girl. After moving one time there was a box of his with old stuff in it and I was going through it.. what in the hell do I find but old love letters from one of his highschool infatuations with that name!! I confronted him about it and he said that he really loved the name and he knew I would have never named our daughter that if he knew it was the same as an old girlfriend. He lied to me over my baby's name>:(>:(>:(>:(

When I get married, no matter to whom, I'm taking Val's last name. ;)

BWAHAHAHAHA! What happens when I change my last name to Goodbody?

Nothing, since IMO, not only is changing names outdated, so is marriage. In other words...it ain't gonna happen ;)

Sorry sunny...I'll still fuck you though...you have nice shoes. B|

I see your point, and well put. Yet I feel you misunderstand why I took issue.

For me it has almost nothing to do with her disapproval. It has more to do with how she voiced it. This is bonfire, and not speaker's corner and I want to be polite, so perhaps I should just leave it at that.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

You want to hear a story..? My ex husband named our first born daughter because he asked if he could and as a loving wife I bestowed this honor upon him. I really wasn't enthused with the name at all he chose but he really loved it and I have grown to love it because it's hers. It was an unusual name so I asked him where he heard it. He said he remembered someone in highschool by that name and he always liked it. I asked him if it was a former girlfriend and he promised no it was not and it was just a name he heard and thought it was beautiful like our little girl. After moving one time there was a box of his with old stuff in it and I was going through it.. what in the hell do I find but old love letters from one of his highschool infatuations with that name!! I confronted him about it and he said that he really loved the name and he knew I would have never named our daughter that if he knew it was the same as an old girlfriend. He lied to me over my baby's name>:(>:(>:(>:(

That would make me mad too. Of course, lying in general make me mad.. but that was really sneaky and underhanded.
And he wasnt even smart enough to get rid of the letters.
:S

I adore MissKriss. She is so clever.

:$ awwwwww.....I adore you too, Rosa.

I don't like when people who all think alike gang up on someone who has different viewpoints than their own. Why does everyone care so much whether or not Val takes her future husband's last name? My guess is people became offended because she stated that she feels that it's illogical to go along with something that some others feel is personally a gift or something to cherish with the person whom they love. Their emotions are involved, although Val didn't mean to insult them in any way since she was speaking of her own feelings/ideas.

It's ironic because while Val has not insulted them with her own choice, some people have perceived her posts as insulting because her comments are (in their eyes) cutting down what they truly believe in with their hearts and minds. It's only one person's opinion. Does that make sense?

Yes... it makes perfect sense. Well said, Rosa.

Nothing, since IMO, not only is changing names outdated, so is marriage. In other words...it ain't gonna happen

Sorry sunny...I'll still fuck you though...you have nice shoes.

Awesome. I get deep dicking, and i don't have to marry you. This is perfect!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!