Beverly

Chicks in Trucks

Quick Question, I am looking into buying a bakkie, truck, pickup, and am concerned that:

a) People will think I am butch
b) Guys will think it belongs to my boyfriend
c) Guys will be turned off more by the threat of a chick in a pickup (Even more so than a girl that skydives)

Help!!

I am not sure what to think, I really want the car, especially to carry all my DZ luggage around.

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

Chicks in trucks are HOT!

1) If you look butch, it doesn't matter what you drive;)
2) If you know how to drive it people won't think it belongs to anyone other than you. If you can't park it, run over things, etc. then yeah, they will think you are borrowing it.:D
3) I feel absolutely no threat from a girl in a truck. And if hers is nicer than mine, well that just means she drives everywhere.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Ah, good to see skydivers are the same world round.

I will let you know when a guy is keen to pay me a visit on the bonnet of my truck.

I am not very big, so at least there is no fear of denting the damn thing!
B|

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

Yeah, what brains said.
But then again I live in Texas and went to school in Stephenville....you needed a permit to own a car.

The girl I am dating drives a truck, did not affect my opinion of her own way or the other. The rest did all the talking.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

You'll look Fab in a truck Bev ;) ..... damn you look fab all the time :)
Buy what makes you feel good, dont worry about the rest of the world, make yourself happy

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Quick Question, I am looking into buying a bakkie, truck, pickup, and am concerned that:

a) People will think I am butch
b) Guys will think it belongs to my boyfriend
c) Guys will be turned off more by the threat of a chick in a pickup (Even more so than a girl that skydives)

Help!!

I am not sure what to think, I really want the car, especially to carry all my DZ luggage around.

Screw what other people think. Its YOUR vehicle.

I know quite a few girls with pickups. And most of them are pretty hot too. ;)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Driving through Seattle, I saw a hot chick in a souped-up pick-up truck. Across the back window there was a sign: Bad Ass Toys Aren't Just For Boys. :o:D

Maybe you need to get one of those.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

Chicks driving a big truck are HOT!

Its very common where I'm from for a chick to be driving a large truck.

One of the coolest things I saw last week was a chick driving a 3/4 ton Dodge diesel with about a 4" lift, 35" tires and a ranch hand front and rear replacement.

The truck was muddy too.:oB|B|B|

Talk about HOT!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

In my experience:

1. People who worry about what they're driving because people might think X, Y and Z often radiate insecurity; people pick up on that.

2. People who drive whatever they want tend to give off more confidence, and people are attracted to that.

You should get whatever vehicle you need/want. I have had bad luck with pickups being used to haul gear to the DZ since rain and dust isn't good for gear, and I often take my gear home unpacked. But if you need to haul lumber, dirt, gravel, machine tools (or insert-your-large-item-of-choice-here) then they're a good option.

Get what you want, regardless of what anybody else thinks. It's YOUR vehicle. Get what you wanna drive.

FWIW, I don't see anything wrong with a chick in a truck. Hey, she's got utility space. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I've owned a truck since 1988. When I first bought one I was the only girl I knew with one. In fact I only knew 2 guys that owned one!

I started with a little Ford Ranger, then went to the Dodge Dakota, then the Ram 2500 and now own a big Ford Diesel 2/4 ton! (I tow a 5th wheel RV)

I do find sometimes it leaves an impression of varying sorts, but nothing that's ever affected any relationship of any kind.

And they're so damn practical!!

I have had bad luck with pickups being used to haul gear to the DZ since rain and dust isn't good for gear

That's what a camper shell is for. ;)

I have found my pickup to be far more useful than any of the cars I ever owned (which is why I bought it)... except when I need to transport more than one passenger. (If I buy another one, I think I would get one with a backseat.)

Who gives a damn what anyone else thinks?

This is the first time in my life I haven't owned a truck and it's killing me. Started with an S10, then another S10, then my dream truck... gorgeous Dodge Ram, 4WD, extended cab, fully loaded. Damn I miss that truck. (I put 1000 miles a week on my car and can't afford to feed a vehicle that only gets 12mpg. I had to sell it to buy this damn Saturn. At least it gets almost 40mpg)

I was single and met my husband while owning trucks. If the dippy guy doesn't like his girl in a pickup, why on earth would you want him anyway????

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda