PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

Let's not feed the trolls. From his first post:

argumentative, kind to kittens , sometime usenet troll

And later on in the same thread:

I was hoping to be the persona non grata of dropzone.com.

So? I like to tell the unvarnished truth about myself. It's a legitimate head-fcuk tactic.

If I was trolling you on this subject I wouldn't deny it, I'm not, so I do.

Trolls can have real opinions too you know, and no less honestly held than your own. And chasing wildly around looking for scapegoats is one thing that pisses me off. Part of my heritage from usenet, you understand.

Don't worry, when (if) we ever get to know each other you'll find my trolls much more amusing than this. Hell, this was so out of character that I think I need to lie down and relax for a mo'.

Later, babes.

Anybody who was in rec.skydiving more than a day knows exactly who wrote that diatribe... and I'm sure Wendy can testify to that.

[
There was an "incident" on rec.skydiving (and several other newsgroups) a few years ago that reminds me of what's happened to PK as well. It involved a person being angry enough with two posters there that he took a spineless action against them that reached into the real world. I think he'll consider and re-consider such a plan of attack if it occurs to him to try it again.
--------------------------------------------------------

It seems like I remember that attack very clearly , Dave.

bozo

Blues,
Dave

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I remember the resolution quite clearly....

"Resolution? What resolution?"

It may be time for a repeat.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I remember the resolution quite clearly....

"Resolution? What resolution?"

It may be time for a repeat.

-------------------------------------------------------

in that case, on the rec....we knew who it was.
we handled it.....as Dave said...he'll never do it again.
here......nobody seems to be talking.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Knowing what I know of fourm software and DB's in general the only things that they are able to read are things that you actually click "Post Reply" to. Thats the only time things are entered into a SQL table and then are loggable. Tracking current user movement can be done, and it is... but how much of it is logged is up to HH. Most likely a lot of the day to day clicking is not logged due to no real purpose for it.

Searches would seem more likely to be tracked. Especially searches for particular words where the output is limited by the criteria "only show posts made by PhillyKev". That may not be the case, and even if it is it may not be relevant. Just a thought.

Blues,
Dave

Hmm scary cuz I did that search just now to see if PK was still online and/or posted who the culprit was :)
I'm definately interested in this... since PK mentioned he works in Center City, and I'm probably just a few blocks away from wherever he works... I want to keep a lookout for who his former employer was so I can avoid dealing with them in future!

Anybody who was in rec.skydiving more than a day knows...

I love moderated forums. Unfortunately, a large enough gathering of people is bound to have some problems. The problems are the extremes, not the norm.

It seems like most of the people who post here still understand the spirit of skydiving. That is why it is still growing and has a huge number of hits.
B|

I appreciate that PK may wish to keep his saboteur anonymous but I just don't understand why?!

I understand if PK is grieving such a torpedo blast that he would be as silent as he has been in this thread... that he created... why he would ignore the public acknowledgements sympathatizing his loss from this alleged misdeed?

Especially in such an instinctual way as naming the doer?

I aint buying it... is it some sort of, "Poor-me, somebody-screwed-me-over thing" But there is no "real" somebody?

I would almost call troll.... but we all know good 'ol PK is nothing akin a troll ....

So who is it???????!!!!!

Bullshit! that you expect me to possibly encounter this person (If such exists) and engage him/her like he's one of us only to get fucked !!!

Thanks a lot good buddy!!! Hey? would you like a pin check???!!!!>:(

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

I appreciate that PK may wish to keep his saboteur anonymous but I just don't understand why?!

Because he probably can't prove it without reasonable doubt yet. Kev is way too smart to out somebody unless he is 100% sure he is correct. It's really not that difficult to figure out who it most likely is, though. However, outting someone based on a "probably" is sloppy, and it's harmful.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Could it be that PK doesn't post from home? It does seem odd that he hasn't posted anything else.

If indeed PK knows who did it, and is contemplating legal proceedings, then posting on dz.com could be counter productive to his case.
If he is not 100% sure who it is, why pointing a finger at someone that could be innocent?
I sure hope it gets resolved FAST!
My 2 cents...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Well, I know she's had sex at least once!

If indeed PK knows who did it, and is contemplating legal proceedings, then posting on dz.com could be counter productive to his case.
If he is not 100% sure who it is, why pointing a finger at someone that could be innocent?
My 2 cents...

Okay, I'm confused. That isn't a quote from my post:|:S.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Could it be that PK doesn't post from home? It does seem odd that he hasn't posted anything else.

My 2 cents...

IMO don't matter if PK catch's "the" rat. There will always be another one to take it's place.

Sorry
R.i.P.

I need to get out of this! Its his problem, but I give a fuck so somehow he made it my problem!!!

So I'm going to bed.

thanks for, "sharing" PK

Good luck

Valerina's comments above your post are right on.

This community is thristing for retribution - like a small town demanding immediate justice after a heinous crime.

In these situations you don' t want to subject an innocent person to the stigma & "just desserts" that the guilty party rightfully deserves. Would you want to be falsely accused of such pathetic conduct? I wouldn't!

It's only fair to everybody - including HH & outraged DZ.comers that PK handle this properly - as he no doubt will.

If it takes time and if he and/or HH's crew have been advised to remain quiet - so be it. Probably plenty going on behind the scene.

If the truth does get out - as we hope it does soon -

a small community's best payback may be spreading the word & shunning the spineless, miserable coward.

While opening a can of ass-whoop is an appealing notion - generally not a viable option - dishonorable punks don't settle matters of principle man to man.

PK is actually making a really wise move with this from a legal stance. He has to be damn sure of who the person is before saying anything, on the remote chance he has the wrong guy, then he'd be up on slander charges. He needs every morsel of detail and consult with a lawyer before saying anything here.

He's handling this situation appropriately, at least based on what's here. From what I have read of his posts he's an extremely intelligent and compassionate person, he'll pull through, and I bet he's read all of these posts of support, whether or not he actively participates in the thread.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

PK is actually making a really wise move with this from a legal stance. He has to be damn sure of who the person is before saying anything, on the remote chance he has the wrong guy, then he'd be up on slander charges. He needs every morsel of detail and consult with a lawyer before saying anything here.

He's handling this situation appropriately, at least based on what's here. From what I have read of his posts he's an extremely intelligent and compassionate person, he'll pull through, and I bet he's read all of these posts of support, whether or not he actively participates in the thread.

Jen

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

Or to Texas and become CowboyKev

If he moves to TX, I'll buy him a cowboy hat if he promises to wear it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Or to Texas and become CowboyKev

If he moves to TX, I'll buy him a cowboy hat if he promises to wear it.

But then he'd be playing right into Jessica's hands!

oops... I think I let the culprit slip.... BURN HER! BURN HER!

:ph34r:
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality