Michele

Spare Prayers and Vibes for my Father?

If anyone has any spare prayers or vibes laying around unused you could send to my father I'd appreciate it.

He was doing a show about 10 days ago, and took a wallop of a fall on some stairs. Conked his head kinda bad on one of the risers, and took the rest of the stairs on his left side hip and ribs. After some time on his back laying there trying to remember his name, according to the producer, he got up, and, being my father, continued on with the show.

He wouldn't go to the hospital despite my best bullying and nagging tactics, and just "rested" at home until his Dr. told him that he needs to be seen, and right away. I took him down to Cedars Sinai, and they took a series of xrays. They turned up nothing. But we were warned that if the pain continued, he should see an orthopedist and get a complete workover. Dad on Vicodin is rather funny, but it's sad to see him needing it.

Anyway, the pain did not abate, and in fact increased, so between his Dr and me, we managed to get him into an ortho guy. A full set of xrays, MRI and a CT scan, and the results are back.

He has three broken ribs.
His hip is broken.
He has internal bruising of the liver and spleen (but it's not too bad, they said).

He's 82, and in enormous pain. He's elected to not have surgery just yet, and see how the healing goes (against the Dr.'s advice, I might add...).

He's a stubborn ol' man, but he's my ol' man, and this scares me; it scares him, too (but not that he'd admit...he's a man, after all...). To see my father in great pain is difficult at best, and to know he's got broken things in his body just makes me cry.

So if anyone has a spare prayer or vibe lying around unused, my Dad could use it.

Thanks.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

So if anyone has a spare prayer or vibe lying around unused, my Dad could use it.

I got plenty of those.

Praying and vibes being sent.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Oh my goodness Michele - you can have all the vibes, prayers, and healing thoughts I have!

I hope he gets himself into surgery soon - ribs can heal fine on their own, but a hip? He shouldn't live with one iota of pain if it's avoidable. Your poor daddy. [:/]

You're such a loving daughter, Michele. He's lucky to have you to look after him. (What is it with men and ignoring pain and avoiding the Dr.? My dad 'soldiers through' pain too.)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

He can have all the vibes and prayers I have, you know that Michele! I hope he doesn't have to endure more pain and it starts to lessen for him. But, Geez, a broken hip!!!! Hang in there and I hope he gets better soon.

Hugs,
Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

He has three broken ribs.
His hip is broken.
He has internal bruising of the liver and spleen (but it's not too bad, they said).

He's 82, and in enormous pain. He's elected to not have surgery just yet, and see how the healing goes (against the Dr.'s advice, I might add...).

Your poor dad! :( Prayers sent to you both.

You all don't know what it means, your posts. I really do appreciate them, and I know that he feels the prayers, too.

He's such a stubborn guy. And yes, he's very funny on vicodin. He's sleepier (and still funny) on percocet. He invited the mailman in for drinks this afternoon. As he said when I looked up and saw the conversation happening through the window, "well, he's been bringing me mail for many years. I figured he could use a beer."

Yes, there is a whole lot of pain...he swears that it didn't hurt that much until he found out it was broken, but that's just whistling in the dark. He ranked it a 9.5 on a scale of 1-10 at the ER last week, so I know he's just saying that. He took his walker and went for a walk to the bank this morning (while I was at work....), which is about 1 mile round trip...and then complained that his walker is "unwieldy." I told him they designed it that way to keep him from walking around. Now that he's on percocet, hopefully he will be too drowsy to go "walking."

Namgrunt, he was in B/C/I in WWII...fell down a ravine and shattered his elbow during ops. Healed up, and went back out with his unit with a permanently bent elbow. Yep, one of the "greatest generation" indeed. He wasn't partial to the whole jungle thing; he tells great stories of waking up with a "big, ugly snake" sleeping on his chest, and the time a big cat (he swears it was a tiger, but I'm not sure about that) came into his bivouaced tent, and curled up with him. He was too scared to move. LOL!!!

Thanks, guys. It's going to be a tough road, but he'll make it. Please God, he'll make it.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~