RkyMtnHigh

Painless Broken Bones

Has anyone ever had a broken bone without realizing that anything is broken?

A nurse/customer thinks something is broken in my foot/ankle based on the severe swelling and color of the bruises and suggested I confirm via xray asap. It doesn't hurt and although swollen, I can walk on it just fine.
Even if they xray and find out some lil bone is broken, it's not like they can do anything more than wrap it, have me elevate, ice, and take 800 mg of ibuprofen which I'm already doing....:S

Yeah...........I broke all ten of my fingers once. You couldn't even tell some of them were broken. Others had some bruising. I don't remember any of them hurting too bad. Of course........the rest of my body was fairly beat up so I just may not have noticed.
:D

Oh and broken foot bones suck. If it is broken they may want to cast it. If you are walking around on it you may be doing more damage. I know everyone kept telling me when I broke my foot not to walk on it. I didn't have that problem. It hurt so bad I couldn't put weight on it for about 7-8 weeks. :S

Yeah...........I broke all ten of my fingers once. You couldn't even tell some of them were broken. Others had some bruising. I don't remember any of them hurting too bad. Of course........the rest of my body was fairly beat up so I just may not have noticed. :D

:P

I have broken my foot twice and not known it right away. However, after a few days it becomes even more tender and at least for me it became harder to walk. Both times I didn't have to have my foot in a cast but they made me wear heavy work boots for support. For what its worth the Doc said that a break heals faster than a bad sprain. Hopefully you will feel better soon. Too bad I can't email kiss it and make it better because based on experience with my kids that works great lol Of course they didn't have any broken bones so right now its just a theory.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Bruising and severe swelling is probably worth an xray. Maybe you just have a really high tolerance for pain?? Its possible even if its broken, there isn't much they can do. (Like when you break a toe?) But its also possible that you are causing more damage by walking on it.

A nurse/customer thinks something is broken in my foot/ankle based on the severe swelling and color of the bruises and suggested I confirm via xray asap. It doesn't hurt and although swollen, I can walk on it just fine.
Even if they xray and find out some lil bone is broken, it's not like they can do anything more than wrap it, have me elevate, ice, and take 800 mg of ibuprofen which I'm already doing....:S

I'd get it checked out. My friend just called me last night and said that she broke her ankle on Wednesday out running. It hurt a bit but she thought it was only sprained. Decided to have it checked out yesterday morning and she's in a cast, been told to stay off of it and she has an appt. with a surgeon in a few weeks.

You just never know ...

Heal up!

'Shell
'Shell

I'd get it checked out. My friend just called me last night and said that she broke her ankle on Wednesday out running. It hurt a bit but she thought it was only sprained. Decided to have it checked out yesterday morning and she's in a cast, been told to stay off of it and she has an appt. with a surgeon in a few weeks.

You just never know ...

Heal up!

'Shell

I put stabilizers on that night and jumped the following morning when the grass was dry (before the next rain storm) and landed just fine. No problem. But the right CANKLE (like Shallow Hal) is 3-4 times larger than the left ankle..but the left is slightly swollen too from an old fracture from when I jumped in Colorado.
I CANT be in a cast though..as I'm going to Chester this next weekend and Jumptown the next..and it doesn't hurt. It's just swollen and bruised.[:/]

I messed up my hands one time. They were pretty swollen and I thought they were just sore.

I was working at a hospital, but didn't bother to go get xrays. After 3 days of my thumb hurting, I went down and had someone look at it (Imagine my job and how you hit the space bar :S).

It turned out to be broken and I wish that I had taken care of it. It still bothers me from time to time.

I had some stress fractures in my right foot combined with a severe sprain so I couldnt tell what hurt worse. Now the toe I broke about 3 weeks ago, if thats a clue of what it feels like to break anything it truly sucks. After I tried to widen the door frame with my foot I dropped to the floor. Then it took about 5 seconds before my toes informed my brain that they were totally screwed. Then when the pain took full effect I got the cold sweats and felt sick. I never want to feel what a femur or compound tib fib feels like. The best advice I could give is get in touch with your family doc and get an X-ray. Avoid the ER if you can. I have been in them enough to know they suck and they will tell you in the end to see your family doc anyway.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I broke my left leg and tore some ligaments in the knee and didn't know it was broken until I tried to stand up on it and walk away. It wasn't until my leg buckled that I realized it was broken.

You should definitely get an x-ray.

Actually my ex spent 8 weeks in a cast with only a little tiny fracture in his foot. . .And the doc was really worried about it. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Forget which one it is but one of the ankle bones in non weight bearing. I managed to break it and walk for quite some time to get back to the DZ. My word "doesn't hurt but feels alittle loose" - broken no cast though, just a boot and cane.

***but this weekend I get to look at my "balloon" foot

DAMMIT!!!! All of my friends are hurting themselves. EJ and Hushpuppy break their legs, Slim breaks his arm sit-flying with me last week
and now you go and hurt your foot. I order you to heal! Not tomorrow, not Sunday but right friggin now!
;)
Seriously, I hope you haven't broken anything. Don't wait to long to get it checked. You don't want any internal infection to set in and cause more problems. Tell Damien to get his ass down there and give you a nice soft foot rub before I do it myself!:P Take care sweetie,

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Yup, I'm pretty sure that I broke my wrist during a boxing match about 1 year ago. I didn't realize that I even hurt it until 2 hours after the fight, but even then it didn't feel like what I expected a broken bone would feel like. It really didn't hurt that bad. I tried to treat it myself for about 3 - 4 weeks but then finally caved and got it checked out. Because I waited so long to have it x-rayed and due to the fact that it had several weeks to heal, they couldn't even tell me for sure whether or not I full on broke it. Not cool. Find out for sure and go get your ankle checked.

John

------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. Broke my Fibula in 2 places, didnt get it x-rayed for 2 days. Its not a weight bearing bone and only hurt when I lay down at night. Im talking 2 clean and complete breaks. First 3 steps I totally felt it pushing the muscle, but then felt ok.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-