caress

what was the very first 45,album,cassette,or cd you ever owned?

My first ever album purchase was an 8-Track. I got "Some Girls" by the Rolling Stones when I was taken record shopping for my 6th birthday in Jan. 1979. I really likes "Faraway Eyes" and "Miss You." I still remember how it used to click over on "When the Whip Comes Down."

The first record I ever bought was "Grease." I bought it for my twin sister that same day.

The first record I got for myself was Alice Cooper's "Muscle of Love." I got it because I liked the cardboard box it came in.

My first cassette was Men at Work's "Business as Usual."

I didn't get my first CD until 1996 (I resisted the transition from records). The CD I got was "It's Martini Time" by the Reverend Horton Heat.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The FIRST recorded music I had?

Damn, HTF am I supposed to remember that?

Because my folks had lots of albums, I didn't have my own until I was 12-13, something like that, when I got my first stereo phonograph. Looking at my collection, I'd guess my first albums were The Beach Boys The Beach Boys, Jan and Dean Deadman's Curve and Peter, Paul & Mary Peter, Paul & Mary.

Cassettes and 8-tracks had not been invented yet.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I think that 78 of Peter And The Wolf performed by Leonard Bernstein and the NY Philharmonic was given to me at age 5...

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

My first record that I could call mine was an older one called the "New Christy Minstrels".

It had a bunch of funny songs like "The Preacher and the Bear". As a kid I would play it constantly:)
But alas it was already ancient when given to me and I wore it out:(

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

what was the very first 45,album,cassette,or cd you ever owned?

Um, well, I was born in the 80s---please keep that in mind, and admittedly despite the recent allegations, I can't deny I still love the songs on that album---and so I'll get to the point--my first cassette was Micheal Jackson Thriller

I also had a record player w/ the sound track to the movie Grease which is still my favorite and some Christmas songs by Alvin & the Chipmunks on record.:P;)

Edited to add: The first CD I ever bought, I'm pretty sure was Sublime 40 ounces to Freedom:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

me Christmas songs by Alvin & the Chipmunks on record.:P;)

Never saw the reason people bought Alvin and The Chipmunk records. Just turn the speed up and every band was Alvin and the Chipmunks or turn it down and they were all Barry White. :D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

1st Album - Grease Soundtrack when I was like 8 or 9
1st 45 - Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood (I forget when)
1st tape - Chart Hits of '83
1st CD - Ride The Lightening by Metallica at age 15

Oh, and Hi again to those who remember me. ;)

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

The earliest I remember was an "Alvin and the Chipmunks" album when I was about four.

These were all the originals I purchased myself. No hand-me-downs or gifts included in this list (my memory's not that good). :$

45 - Dobie Gray "Drift Away" and Billy Preston "Will It go Round in Circles"
Album - Beatles "Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band"
Cassette - Eric Clapton "Slow Hand"
CD - Sting "Nothing Like the Sun"
Arrive Safely

John

Meet the Beatles in 1965. Still have it, along with all the rest of their albums, 40 years later

Holy Moly! What would it take to get cassette copies of each of them from you? Jumps? $$$? Food?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239