beej

Movies that 'moved' you

Without a doubt "We Were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson. OMG!! I saw it in the theater and cried the whole way home. I watched it again a month or so ago and cried for an hour! Definitely a WONDERFUL movie - and I recommend it highly, but I don't think I can watch it again. My dad was in Vietnam and that movie truly made me realize what he must have gone through. He's a hell of a guy and I'm glad he's my dad! :)

Only two films ever made me cry:

1. The Passion
2. Simon Birch (I don't know why on this one, but I've seen it twice and both times balled my eyes out. When Ashley Judd's character dies it kills me.)

Only two films ever made me cry:

1. The Passion
2. Simon Birch (I don't know why on this one, but I've seen it twice and both times balled my eyes out. When Ashley Judd's character dies it kills me.)

Though the movie didn't make me cry, it really made me sit up, open my eyes, and just say "Wow".

That movie would be American Beauty.

In my opinion, the hands down best movie made in the last 50 years.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I think the first movie that really moved me was Deep Throat. Especially the look on her face when Linda discovered where her clit was. It almost made me cry. I wanted to be there to comfort her. :P

P-
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

The music in that movie was really touching as well... I'm sure they must have won some awards for that soundtrack. :)

Edited to say: Wow, I just discovered that you can actually buy the soundtrack... :D
http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/deepthroat.htm#tracks (NSFW, of course)

I think the title song is about the most romantic song ever written. :P

The music in that movie was really touching as well... I'm sure they must have won some awards for that soundtrack. :)

Not to mention royalties for repeat use in pretty much EVERY movie in the genre since then... ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I'm going to go with 'Glory' about the first black regiment in the Civil War. If you can watch the last scene of that without a tear in your eye then you are not as drunk as I normally am after sitting through a 2hr + film! :PB|

Donnie Darko was also thought provoking!

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Pulp Fiction
37°2 le matin / Betty Blue
Mr Hire
Festen / The Celebration
Full Metal Jacket
And, of course, the toilet scene in Trainspotting...;)

Nick

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Dead Poet's Society
Saving Private Ryan
Glory

IMHO We Were Soliders totally over did it and went all out to move you. As such all I felt was that they were trying too hard and rammed it down my throat. That sucked. The result was that I didn't want to be moved, I wanted to be pissed off by the film makers. It could have worked if they'd just shown you the events and "let you be moved" instead of activly trying to move you.

I have to say one of my favourite ever movie quotes come from the Alien movies. From Alien 2 - "Aliens": Newt: "They mostly come at night......... mostly".

We end up adding a forlorn ".......mostly" onto a lot of people’s comments where we consider them to be a hyperbole, as a kind of critique of that grammatical style.