dowab

What is your favorite scenic place to skydive?

Gap in the south of France is beautiful, especially early in the season when there's still lots of snow on the mountains. It's in a valley, at the foot of the alps. 3D scenery in freefall is pretty freaky until you get used to it.

Of the places I've jumped, the most scenic places were along coastlines. My favorite is at the Florabama Bar, but any beach jump has been a favorite.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Lost Prairie for the mountains, Sebastian for the ocean and Star Farms.

Where is Star Farms, you ask? Good question. It's on the Central Coast of California, and it's going to be the location of the Second Ever Paso Robles Reunion Boogie coming up this September. You should make plans to be there. B|

What is your favorite scenic place to skydive?

I would have to say the best scenery I have seen at a DZ so far has to be my current DZ... We fly out over Puget Sound just to the east of the San Juan Islands and over the Skagit River Delta.... just south of 10.770 ft Glacier covered Mt Baker... Just to the west of the North Cascades National Park( AKA the American Alps)

PLUS we have these HUGE picture windows in our Porter that gets to 14k in 12 minutes or so.:)

Elsinore!

Santa Ana mountains and ocean to the west, desert to the east, and the lake below.B|

My next favorite is split between Skydive Oregon in Molalla, OR and Skydive Arizona in Eloy.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Empuriabrava!!!!!

Completely stunning views over the bay and mountains (snow capped in winter) with the most crisp light that somehow makes all the colours bright and sharp.

I love that place! :)
Vicki

I'm all about the NW ... any of the Seattle-area DZs (they're all a little different but all involve water, mountains, and gorgeousness in every direction).

Lost Prairie's great.

Moab's unlike anything else.

Looking forward to checking out Alaska next month.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke