miss3sixty

freaky skydive dreams

i would be very interested to know if anyone else has weird reoccuring skydive dreams or at least hear about other people's.

About 3 times now I have dreamt I am sat in the aircraft door, I check the spot, all ok to go, reach down for that last minute gear check, realise something is wrong, only to find I am wearing

My rucksack
OR
even worse, the 'ghostbuster pack' backpack vacuum cleaner thingy I use at work!

By which time I figure its too late to worry about it and go anyway!

(I never remember dreaming about the freefall or the landing-thank God)

PS, has anyone died in a dream?, apparently you die in real life you know!!!!
Miss3sixty

Skydiving- it has its ups and downs

my skydiving dreams always result in a low-pull, some kind of horrific total malfunction and a bouncing impact at terminal, but the difference from before i started skydivng is that i would wake up before i hit. now i not only sleep through the hitting and bounces but i dont die, and i wake up exhausted with a strange and unexplainable desire to jump...

i would be very interested to know if anyone else has weird reoccuring skydive dreams or at least hear about other people's.

Oh yeah...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_type=AND&search_string=skydiving+dreams
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I sometimes jump in just my underwear, then I'm tracking along the Nordic slopes just like Loic; then I come in for a soft landing right in the middle of my old 5th grade class. Still in my underwear.
Can I get off the shrink's couch now?

Haven't had one for a while, but I used to dream that I pulled very low, went in at line stretch but survived without a scratch and would then look around guiltily thinking "Shit I hope the Chief Instructor isn't going to ground me for that!":D

(Shows what my priorities are I guess):P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Guest 1010
the first 10-12 jumps were the worst, over a few months last year ... dreampt was under a bad streamer, then hit the ground at fatal speeds, then got up and walked away!

A couple months ago I dreampt I chopped said streamer, and stood-up the reserve landing! Progress! :D

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

I have had a dream where im juming and laying on my back. Not in a sit fly just on my back. For some reason I wasn't thinking about altitude till it was to late. I roll over at probably 500 ft. I pull my reserve right away but realize it isn't going to open on time. Right when I hit the ground in my dream I jumped probably about 5 ft. off my bed. Kinda trippy.
And yes. I have died in my dreams. Twice that I can remember. They both involve me being shot in the head. Everything just kinda fades out and goes cold. Kinda like turning off a really old tv.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

I had a base dream last night. Never done it... But I dreamed it anyways, lol. It took me 3 tries before I pulled high enough to have my canopy open before the ground, but it didnt hurt when I landed. Dreams are weird :S

i've dreamt of being in freefall several times. not much going on just falling.

recently i had a dream where i had a reserve ride due to a bad line over situation. i did pulled my handles correctly and landed safely. in addition to being concerned that i was alright, my instructor was very happy that i had kept my handles. dream ended with me giving the rigger $20 because it was a sunday and liqour stores weren't open yet.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

I have had bounce dreams for years. They all involve some sort of gross error - a huge goof on my part, a double malfunction, etc.

I have never died - I always walk away.

I have talked to many other skydivers about this and find that they are common and quite similar to mine.

I have not had one in a long time . . .
Arrive Safely

John

i had a pretty wierd skydive-dream not so long ago. it was a basejump actually. i was jumping from a certain building over and over again in my dream, without packing, when i opened and landed, i would go back up the building immediately and somehow my parachute was packed. anyway at a certain point i thouht: well, i'm opening high all the time so this time i'm going low. i jump, open low, and look up only to see that the chute was paked slider up, so the canopy snivels and i hit the ground, suddenly everything goes dark, and i wake up, IN MY DREAM! so actually i had a dream within a dream :)
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

PS, has anyone died in a dream?, apparently you die in real life you know!!!!

Not true. I've went in many times in dreamland. Not dead yet.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I just had a dream his afternoon. Low turn from what I could figure. My hip and shoulder were killingme on my right side, then I noticed I had a crappy pillow and was sleeping on my cell phone.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

When I started AFF I kept having the same dream of doing a perfect stand-up landing and then realizing i have my cutaway and reserve handles in my hand ... and can't remember how they got there! A year later somebody asked me if I'd had a reserve ride and i said no but told him about my dream while kitting up for my next jump. Guess what ... tension knots with club gear on that jump! First reserve ride.

This year I'm driving to the DZ one Sunday morning thinking"wow I haven't had that screwed-up dream in a while now, phew" Second jump that day I have a hard pull and end up pulling reserve just below the hard deck - AAAHHHH

I'll probably get a mal now just for posting this :S

I've had 3. One involves a low pull, a low turn and perfectly saving my own ass by planing out on rears. The other is having a streamer and performing my EPs properly... saving my ass. The third was dreaming about a jet jump. The jet - of course - had a full airline interior and a weird diving board on the side of the plane we would exit off of. I somehow exited without a rig and decided that tracking as slow and flat as possible should help. I ended up landing successfully on top of a building - saving my ass.

Weird.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Usually I have difficulty deploying my parachute. Either it is a hard pull or I cannot find my pilot chute. I bounce each time but I always survive without any harm.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

in reply to "only to find I am wearing ....
the 'ghostbuster pack' backpack vacuum cleaner thingy I use at work!

By which time I figure its too late to worry about it and go anyway!

(I never remember dreaming about the freefall or the landing-thank God)

If I start having landing vaccuumm dreams I'll know who to blame.:D

My wierdest skydiving dreams are watching multiple bounces as in big ways going in. Recurring sometimes from different angles.
Often in these dreams there is partial cloud cover, I have a panoramic view and the big way breaks the cloud partially broken off with heaps going in at line stretch but many tracking in with no pull.

I've had so many bounce dreams now that I look away in the dream.
The closest one bounced right next to me on the way to the plane.
The people I'm with and myself don't even break step but we laugh and say 'that'd ruin your day'.:D:D

The weirdest one i have is... myself, in freefall at pull time. I reach back and throw only to realise someone has played a joke on me by stuffing my cat in the pack tray :S Then there's just this huge 'MEEEOW' and it tumbles away into the distance. I pull my reseve and land. Everyone agrees it was a very funny prank. No one (including myself) seems to wonder what happened to my cat.

Fucked up i know but it still makes me giggle.

Other than that i quite often burn it right to impact, get up completely unscathed hoping that no-one saw... secretly happy that i escaped a pack job.

[:/]

I just shot beer out-of -my nose on that one!

My dream that I always had was not pulling, I'd land on my feet (not crushed) in a panic and had some sort of time limit to get my PC out. Fucking weird but, haven't had that one in years.

P.S. how's the cat?
Darwin's Watching!

Ive had 3 skydiving related dreams I can remember, ranging from bizarre to possibly seeing the future.

Most boring, but putential future seeing:
Had word on friday night that the wind tunnel was broken, but should be working again for our time on saturday. I dreamt that when we got there, it was still broken and the reason was the computer control system had gone kaput (all completly wrong)

2nd: Having just got a new rig, dreamt that Id have a mal on it on my first jump and the reserve had badly twisted risers.

3rd, very bizzare: We were 2nd out from a Let (jump plane at my DZ at the time) and we got out and it went to shit. The plane was in freefall next to us and my friend was rodeoing it. As I was getting annoyed with this jump I decided to swoop down to the group below. I got there and was having a great time but forgot about altitude. Had a cypres fire and landed at line stretch absolutly fine. I was then hoping that no one saw me. I walked back to the hanger and no one noticed that Id had the cypres fire, so I was really pleased.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

Yep, I have skydiving dreams quite a bit. Ususally include a low pull, impacing at line strech, being absolutly fine but very embarrased. Often they are semi lucid dreams and I can controll them to some exctent, not emought to change what is happening, but the minor details like what the weather is like, what field to land in etc.

I really like dreaming:)
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

I remember just before I departed for my AFF course in March I had this awful dream about learning to skydive.

We all stood in regimental rows waiting to be sent up on a plane that looked like a rust bucket. When they got me into the plane they suddenly stuck this almighty long piece of static line to the back of my container and then litterally booted me out of the plane. It then kind of turned into this funky ass kinda bungee jump and I just stopped from inpacting right above a massive power station! No actual parachute pull or anything like that was involved. Just the worlds longest bungee jump I guess. It was just one of those strange bitty dreams that can be quiet disturbing.

Imagine how I felt when I got up to make a drink and switched on the TV to stop myself from thinking about it that what should be on the TV but a scare mongering documentary and this guys is doing his AFF level one, his parachute detaches on opening and then he only just opens his reserve to only then fly into POWER LINES!:o

I have to admit I did think this may have been some kind of omen telling me maybe skydiving was not for me.:S Fortunately I made it through this bit ok so far and I have not had that dream since or any other really horrific freefalling/parachuting dreams alike. Actually they have all been rather pleasant if I do.:)