Icon134

weekend numbers (Last weekend in June...)

For those new and/or old and forgetful... :o:P the format is... Humps (or whatever):jumps:beerable offenses...

[:/] (vacation is over tomorrow...):7:1

I had 6 awesome jumps saturday (3 of which I did RW video on, one 8 way that six got into, a 7 way that also six got into, and I filled in for a regular 4-way videographer... a pretty good one too... ;)

I also was on a fun 3-way, did a full ganer out of the back of the CASA, pulled high and played with my canopy on a sunset load, and today I participated in a 7 point 9-way RW jump... B|

and I have a beerable offense for the first time in a while... I lurked my first tandem this weekend... and didn't get small enough on the hill (they were kind of fast too...)

I created a video... had some fun... (be sure to watch the whole thing... if you want to see my "tandem lurk"... or at least part of it...)

http://www.scottgunshell.com/Vids/25june2006-web.wmv

edited to add: I hope y'all like my choice of closing music... :D

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

:) (I'm a good boy, regardless what the ladies in the clubs along Graville try to persude):1 jump:a bunch.

Friday - got boss #1 plastered at our Friday beer and cake gathering at work, along with a bunch of Aussies and Kiwis. Get a text from other boss she wants to go clubbing for the night - till 3AM.

Saturday - skip Ducati Demo day at the dealership and buzz the bike out to Abby for recurrency jump after a 2 year lay off.

Sunday - work morning, go riding with the lads up Mt Seymour and to Deep Cove, one of the lads just got his license and picked up a Honda CBR600 F4i - so we babysat him through his first real world group ride - only had one close call, will have a chat with him on that tommorow, now back at work.

Great friends, great weather, great weekend :)
ROCK ON!

hehehehheehehehehhehehehehehhe
yes, I am a bit manichal, (sp) right now... read the posted thread.
I got 8 jumps, including my 100th! 12 beers, and I still won't confirm or deny anything else...

Fear not death. Fear instead the unlived life.

:P:0:?

blocked sinus.. no jumps for me. (il be a freaking AFF student forever im sure). Weekend highlights:
- finished my 10 packs including tangle test (is this beerable offence?)
- witnessed 2 mals (no injuries, lessons learnt)
- moral support for fellow student also failing stage 4
- consumed a shite load of beer and made a right dick of myself.

:):37 (Monday-Sunday, I never get to write my weekday jumps)::S
Week filled with tandems, videos, freeflying and tracking! Going to 14K in a cessna 182 can be done! ;) Pilot was nice to us chicks a couple times. Great weather, if only it would cool down a tid bit.:D

:):6:1 (Maybe)

Downsized to a 190 from 210. Exited 3-way without screwing it up (for the first time). Couple of Hop n Pops! Damn good day!! Proud of myself for lots of accomplishments! Can't wait to hit 50 next weekend!!! :)
To borrow a line from Squeak...MY LIFE ROCKS!! HOW'S YOURS??!!!

:):7:0

Super great weekend at NWSkydivers.. the scenery was awsum... the skydives were hot.. and the weahter... maybe just a little too hot.

And me jumping my Axon... since my Samurai is broke..... sweet canopy the Axon...good swoops.

0:2:0

Did AFF level 1 twice. Exit was stable, did everything right the first time but had a little trouble at pull time, reached for it to fast and grabbed the mainside JMs altimeter rather than the PC [:/] I reached for it again but JM ended up pulling it first. Radio wasn't working properly for the canopy ride, but managed to steer it back to the dropzone for landing. As it was my first landing attempt, ended up flaring 10-15ft too high and sort of crash landed next to the runway...ouch.

Ended up spending the $185 that was meant to go toward level 2 to retry level one. This time the exit was a bit hectic. Brittany came along to shoot video, though she was unable to keep up during freefall for weighing half as much as us. Upon exiting and what I *thought* was a good arch we rolled over twice, reserve-side JM went flying off then was gone leaving just the mainside. According to his debriefing I went inverted for a bit until he flipped me back over. Aside from that bit of insanity, the rest of the jump went okay and this time pulled without any issue. The radio worked and landed softly at the LZ. Onto level 2 this saturday.