nigel99

How many people have 10 000 jumps or more?

I am quite curious as a friend of mine recently did his 10 000th jump (we started at the same time - I have just over 100>:()

When I was a current jumper 500 jumps was a skygod. I guess doing the maths he has averaged about 600 jumps a year.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I wonder if there are any skydivers out there that never bother to send in for those awards?

The only one I have ever sent in for was my 4 stack CRW award.

The only award that I REALLY want is the VFS Advanced Gold medal! One day I will get it!!B|

I wonder if there are any skydivers out there that never bother to send in for those awards?

I'm sure there are.

Unfortunately there are also people who send in for awards that haven't earned them.

- Dan G

I'm sure there are.

Unfortunately there are also people who send in for awards that haven't earned them.

Bingo

Last i heard Craig Girard from Arizona Airspeed had something like 24,000 descents.

However in some cases (not the above one) I am very cynical about claimed jump numbers (as its easy to bump them with the help of a few friends) so I am very wary of massive jump number 'claims' by people as usually the ones who are genuine dont do a song and dance about it.

My AFF instructor Kevin Hardwick (BPA) in Gap had 13000 in 2006 and when we were there in 2008 he had over 15000. there was a guy at the DZ had over 25000 jumps. I believe the World record (according to wikipedia :P) is held by Don Kellner at over 36000

Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

John Hamilton, (one of the DZOs at Elsinore), Laurent "Lob" Lobjoit, (the school manager), Pat Newman (Videographer/AFF/Tandem), and Mikhail Mineev (Coach/AFF/Tandem/Videographer) all have over 10K jumps. 2 or 3 of them have over 15k (John & Mikhail for sure, maybe Pat too)

Also there is Matt who has been jumping since 1979 and hasnt counted his jumps in years.....many others working at Elsinore with over 5K jumps.

That's weird that peeps lie about jumps, lol and I feel guilty counting the 1 tandem I did...I know its a skydive but, well ya know....:$

"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

John Hamilton, (one of the DZOs at Elsinore), Laurent "Lob" Lobjoit, (the school manager), Pat Newman (Videographer/AFF/Tandem), and Mikhail Mineev (Coach/AFF/Tandem/Videographer) all have over 10K jumps. 2 or 3 of them have over 15k (John & Mikhail for sure, maybe Pat too)

Also there is Matt who has been jumping since 1979 and hasnt counted his jumps in years.....many others working at Elsinore with over 5K jumps.

That's weird that peeps lie about jumps, lol and I feel guilty counting the 1 tandem I did...I know its a skydive but, well ya know....:$

I was lucky enough to have learned from Mikhail when I went to Elsinore. Being Russian, we really DID speak the same language! :)
Him and John (DZO at Elsinore) use to compete against each other in the 90s. Mikhail was on the Russian team and John was on the American team. Mikhail has 16,000+ jumps if my memory serves me correctly. He's a fantastic instructor & skydiver. B|

The Australian Parachute Federation has 39 current members listed with 10,000+ jumps. These figures are gained when annual renewals are conducted (Renewal period is each July). So there may be more now. Four have over 15000 including one reaching the 26000 mark recently. :)

I would venture to guess that many people getting in the 10,000 jump range have slacked some on logging. It's hard to differentiate who really has that many jumps, and who is just completely guessing at their numbers. Not aimed at any one person, it just seems that with jump numbers like that, the recording would be unwieldy at best. That being said, it's really cool to hear about this many high time jumpers. I had no idea there was that many out there. 38,000 skydives? That's like 26 days in free fall. That's f*cking nuts!
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

I am quite curious as a friend of mine recently did his 10 000th jump (we started at the same time - I have just over 100Mad)

When I was a current jumper 500 jumps was a skygod. I guess doing the maths he has averaged about 600 jumps a year.

it is becoming more and more common,

my wife is 25y/o and has 6000 jumps, in the commercial skydiving industry it is not uncommon to do more then 1200 jumps a year, i know of places where instructores do 1600 or more jumps a year so it does not take long at all.

The guys with 25000 jumps now, they are the real sky gods as they had thousands and thousands before tandem factories came to be.

As far as i know Bill dause has the most jumps somewhere around 35000. he is humble about it though.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix