bshl

Pointless photo of the year

Believe it or not Mohammed I can understand he is a historical figure even if you are not a Muslim.

But just some random family who is taking a picture??????

FYI I am not offended dude, I just see it as a lack of understanding, and wish more people would learn about a culture that is mentioned daily instead of making fun of it.

It is also not just this one thread, it is the current climate. Every where I look people are making fun of things that they don’t understand. The target is usually Muslims.

I am way to mellow to get angry I rarely do, but I can understand why some Muslims do.

Peace

It would be just as funny if it were a bunch of tourists wearing hats and turned around so that all you could see were the hats.

The point is that it is pretty futile to take a picture of someone to remember a time - but not be able to tell who they are in the picture.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Maybe you would have been happier if it was a bunch of rednecks in full KKK costumes standing in front of the Liberty bell.

That would also be quite funny. Although that would require a good photoshoping in of Cleaven Little and Gene Wilder from Blazing Saddles.:D

Maybe I have a warped sense of humor that revolves around laughing at things that are funny. I like good Christian jokes, redneck jokes, Aggie jokes, Texan jokes as well as stupid white-boy jokes, etc.

Even though I voted for W. I freak'n LOVE jokes about him. Especially...crap, I can't remember his name. He's a comedian who I've posted about before, he did a GREAT Bush impersionation at a fund raiser in which Bush was there. He also does a really good John Madden. Laughed so hard I about wet myself.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I don't know if you meant it this way, but I read your "YES" in his John Madden voice. :D

Back on topic: I like to consider myself not ignorant about Islam (my minor was in Cultural Anthropology, concentrating on Middle Eastern Studies). I found the photo hilarious. Admittedly my sense of humor tends to be pretty twisted, but it's certainly not limited to things I'm ignorant about.

I don't know if you meant it this way, but I read your "YES" in his John Madden voice.

You're a good man. :P

To the 30...to the 40...If, if, if the player can catch the ball and run to the endzone and there are no penalties on the play, then it would be a touchdown...

:D

Ok, sorry, yall can get back to the SC style bickering about the photo that was posted.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Which one did you like better the girl in black or the girl in black?;)

The one in the really dark clothes and the hoodie thing . . . and the face mask.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

wow... this thread really took a turn... I may not be muslim but I do consider myself reasonably aware and empathetic of other cultures.

I think understand why the OP found the picture humorous... and it has nothing to do with the people in the picture being muslim...

For that matter I can regularly laugh at the 70 foot tall "touchdown" Jesus I can see along I-75 between Dayton and Cincinnati... I always look at it snicker envision God in the sky Shaking his head and saying something like... "They really missed the point..." :D:D:D

Off to SC we go...
Its off to SC we go
Hi Ho the merry go...
Off to SC we go... :D:D

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

For that matter I can regularly laugh at the 70 foot tall "touchdown" Jesus I can see along I-75 between Dayton and Cincinnati... I always look at it snicker envision God in the sky Shaking his head and saying something like... "They really missed the point somehow" LaughLaughLaugh

LOL!!! Big butter Jesus!!

If you ever hear Bob and Tom in the morning for even just a little bit, like on the way to work you will know that Haywood Banks has a song about that statue.:D

edit: heres a picture.

I can see how darius is offended, since it would seem as if some are laughing at the cultural garb of particular religous sect that is getting a lot of bad press of late. I get equally upset when people mock the attire of traditional nuns, calling them things like "penguin pussy" and whatnot (gotta admit that's at least a LITTLE funny!).

still, I have to confess that I laughed when I saw the photoshopped-in Pontiff back there! :D

let's just all hug and sing kum-bye-ya, shall we? :)

But you find it amusing to denigrate women who wear paint:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I can see how darius is offended, since it would seem as if some are laughing at the cultural garb of particular religous sect that is getting a lot of bad press of late. I get equally upset when people mock the attire of traditional nuns, calling them things like "penguin pussy" and whatnot (gotta admit that's at least a LITTLE funny!).

still, I have to confess that I laughed when I saw the photoshopped-in Pontiff back there! :D

let's just all hug and sing kum-bye-ya, shall we? :)

But you find it amusing to denigrate women your wear paint:S

Huh?? The sentence above is giving me a headache.B|[:/]
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Huh?? The sentence above is giving me a headache.B|[:/]

Fixed :P

HEY JT, your typing has improved heaps lately, are you taking lessons:):ph34r:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Did you hear about the new Jewish tires?
They can stop on a dime and pick it up too.

I think that's funny, in a groaning sort of way. I also found the OP photo funny inasmuch as you can't see who people are. I take photos all the time, and one of the things which is important when shooting a person is to be able to see them.

I hope it was a digital shot; otherwise, someone wasted some film and money in developing it. Darius, relax. People aren't laughing at the muslim aspect of it...every time someone says something about muslim/islam it's not a personal attack, nor a personal affront to the religion. It's funny, that's all. It's not ignorance, it's not bigotry...it's simply humor (in this shot).

Same as the jewish tires joke...I know some folks like that, and that's what makes it funny.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

...still, I have to confess that I laughed when I saw the photoshopped-in Pontiff back there! :D

Made me think of Frank Zappa...

Catholic Girls

WooooHoooo!
Now THERE'S a uniform worth taking pictures of...
:D:D:D;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239