Superman32

Televisionwithoutpity.com will have a full detailed recap with their own special twist, but probably not for a day or so. And the show's official website should also have a recap of the episode. I *think* its 24day5.com??? If not, there should be a link through Fox's site.

The terrorists who wanted to release the nerve gas in the US was killed and the original plan, which was to release it in Russia is back on track. However, the terrorists have now contacted Logan and want the route the Russian President is taking from the White House to the airport b/c they want to assasinate him. They have threatened to release the gas in the US if Logan doesn't comply. He did and his wife, knowing whats going on, decided to ride with the Russian Prez and his wife.

Others can fill you in on the finer details, but thats it in a nutshell.

Also, Jack was "arrested" for not releasing the nerve gas as ordered. An American guy named Nathanson called Audrey and had her put him in touch with Jack. Jack then escaped custody and went and met Nathanson, getting a computer chip from him before Nathanson was killed by the Russians. Back at CTU, the hobbit guy realized Buchanon and Audrey were working together to help Jack (but perhaps doesn't know Chloe's helping them) and had Buchanon taken into custody. The data on the computer chip was encoded with some DOD encryption that only Audrey has access to, and we don't yet know what it entails.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Also, Jack was "arrested" for not releasing the nerve gas as ordered. An American guy named Nathanson called Audrey and had her put him in touch with Jack. Jack then escaped custody and went and met Nathanson, getting a computer chip from him before Nathanson was killed by the Russians. Back at CTU, the hobbit guy realized Buchanon and Audrey were working together to help Jack (but perhaps doesn't know Chloe's helping them) and had Buchanon taken into custody. The data on the computer chip was encoded with some DOD encryption that only Audrey has access to, and we don't yet know what it entails.

Dave, pretty tight synopsis, well done.

Wild horses couldn't keep me away from next weeks episide. WOW...................

Peter Weller.....I love that guy!

I seriously lost it when Logan asked Bill to keel and pray with him. Holy shite!

As usual, things are about to getr REALLY fucked up!:)

I'm stocking up on Kettle Corn. You're right the lid is getting ready to blow off. I'm wondering if Lynn McGill is going to overcome the mutiny and be reinstated as head of CTU. Tony is set to return to help Jack.

What happens if Yuri Suvarov finds out Logan knew about the assasination attempt and did nothing?

I'm wondering if Lynn McGill is going to overcome the mutiny and be reinstated as head of CTU.

While stranger things have happned, I doubt it. After he was so dead wrong about the motorcade thingey, he finally fucked up beyond repair. What I am curious about is how his sister and druggie bf are going to exploit his keycard and finally seal the deal on his professional coffin. Stick a fork in him, he's done. :)

Completely agree with the points made by Gravitymaster and thegreekone. My first thought was "YES!" when McHobbit got the smackdown he deserved. How could he just dismiss "intell" about an attack on the motorcade like that? He's not gone yet; that subplot with the keycard is still out there.

Also, glad to see that Pierce survived the attack, and that Martha told him that Spineless knew about it, and did nothing. Yep, things are about to get VERY interesting!

Someone check me on this: but I believe that Jack, Tony, Mike Novick and Pierce are the only characters that have been around since Season One.

Next week is a "double shot" according to Fox...B|

Was Pierce around during Season 1? The only thing that would have made that motorcade scene better would have been if Martha had climbed over the divider in the limo, taken the gun from an incapacitated Pierce and shot the terrorists herself!
That would have been cool!

They key card thing with McHobbit is just plain stupid. It would take all of 2 seconds to deactivate the card and a "by the books" guy like him would have done that as soon as he realized it was missing.

Oh, and the prayer thing! And Novick's obvious disgust for his president. Priceless. You've got to love how Jack and the "rogue CTU crew" keep managing to cover up far all the president's and Novick's bad decisions so he still looks like a good guy instead of the sleazy incompetent moron that he is. Only batty Martha sees the truth!

OK- short version. Logan realizes his wife is in the doomed motorcade with the Subarovs. He tries the "ordering" her out of the limo, but she's still trying to force some ethics on him and refuses. So, with Novick's "guidance" he decides doing nothing is the best course of action. That, and a bunch of whining, hand wringing and asking (then practically ordering) Novick to join him in prayer.

Back at CTU, McHobbit is getting more and more paranoid, and Audrey has enlisted Cloe's and Edgar's assistance to keep up communication with Jack. Jack is headed to the place where the nerve gas was manufactured, which also happens to eb where his former boss works. Oh, and he caused said former boss to lose his job during an IA investigation shortly before Season One started, but said former boss-Robocop- still claims his innocence. Robocop agrees to help Jack but locks him in a room with a bomb instead and then escapes.

Back at CTU, Edgar has picked up some internet chatter which indicates that the Russian president's motorcade is a target. He and Cloe bring it to McHobbit who refuses to listen, then he shuts down their systems so they can't warn anyone, and also fires someone else for no reason. Curtis finally grows a pair and takes over CTU, has Buchanon released and notifies secret service of the planned attack just secodns before its about to take place.

SS manages to turn the motorcade around but the terrorists still attack. It looks for a minute like Aaron Pierce is going to buy it, but he comes around, leans out the limo and shoots the bad guys. Yea Aaron! My heart just sunk when I thought he was dead- he's become one of my favorite characters on the show.

Previews for next week show Tony sitting up and bandaged- a little behind schedule for someone as tough as Tony, but maybe that 18 months away from CTU made him soft.

Wow! Thanks -- Now I won't be lost next week. I really appreciate that! In previous years they'd rerun the show on a Sunday or Friday. Too bad they don't do that now. All they rerun now is earlier seasons.

Thanks again!

Most likely because they sell the previous season on DVD. Comes out in December, so I always buy it as a Christmas present to myself. Yes, I have all 5 seasons.

Oh, also, the terrorists are pissed that secret service was tipped off, and they still plan to release the nerve gas. You kind of figured that out, though, right? And Martha's not too happy the her hubby was going to sit back and let her die, but isn't that kind of her fault for assuming he'd do the right thing if he had a more personal motivation?

I miss the repeats on FX too. I've been taking classes on Monday nights, and I pop the tape in as soon as I get home. But last week there must have been a slow night on FOX because they did rerun Monday's episode on Friday or Saturday night. Maybe they will this week too.

But last week there must have been a slow night on FOX because they did rerun Monday's episode on Friday or Saturday night. Maybe they will this week too.

Oh I love my DVR... I have all but 2 episodes of Day 4....I wish they would play those...... And so far all of Day 5

I have Day 1-Day 3 on DVD too..

That, and a bunch of whining, hand wringing and asking (then practically ordering) Novick to join him in prayer.

Yes or no question, so this doesn't turn into speaker's corner material. Did anyone else just laugh their ass off at that part? The shots they've been taking at real life this year have been hilarious. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

That, and a bunch of whining, hand wringing and asking (then practically ordering) Novick to join him in prayer.

Yes or no question, so this doesn't turn into speaker's corner material. Did anyone else just laugh their ass off at that part? The shots they've been taking at real life this year have been hilarious. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave

I get the feeling Logan would rather not be President. He seems to be happier as a politician than as someone who actually has to make tough decisions. I can just hear him saying "make it stop." :D