Superman32

Did anyone catch it? Just before the guy that murdered Palmer was killed he told Jack that Palmer was the primary target because he was trying to pass on some information (assumably to Logan's wife) and that the others were killed (or attempted) to make it look like Jack killed everyone who knew he was alive.

Which only brings up the question of how Palmer, an ex-President with limited access to intel, had information that Logan didn't? And why didn't Palmer know that the info could put his and the others lives in danger? Still trying to figure out why he would try to pass the info to Palmers wife. Even if there was a personal problem between them, I would think Palmer could have called CTU and given it to them.

Which only brings up the question of how Palmer, an ex-President with limited access to intel, had information that Logan didn't? And why didn't Palmer know that the info could put his and the others lives in danger? Still trying to figure out why he would try to pass the info to Palmers wife. Even if there was a personal problem between them, I would think Palmer could have called CTU and given it to them.

His intel included knowledge of Jack's livelihood and he wanted to arrange a presidential pardon or something like that? Or tell Logan face to face that he'd lied about Jack's death and it was coming back to haunt them? Somehow the intel had to involve Jack, and he went through Logan's wife because she was the only one he was sure he could trust? (silly premise, given how things turned out with his own wife).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

His intel included knowledge of Jack's livelihood and he wanted to arrange a presidential pardon or something like that? Or tell Logan face to face that he'd lied about Jack's death and it was coming back to haunt them? Somehow the intel had to involve Jack, and he went through Logan's wife because she was the only one he was sure he could trust? (silly premise, given how things turned out with his own wife).

Blues,
Dave

Hmmm... Ok try this. Logan is behind it. He somehow found out Jack was alive and that Tony, Michele, Palmer and Chloe knew about it. He knew by murdering them, it would bring Jack out of hiding and he plans on turning him over to the Chinese for some type of political consideration. It's the only theory I can come up with that fits almost every scenario being played out.

Hmmm... Ok try this. Logan is behind it. He somehow found out Jack was alive and that Tony, Michele, Palmer and Chloe knew about it. He knew by murdering them, it would bring Jack out of hiding and he plans on turning him over to the Chinese for some type of political consideration. It's the only theory I can come up with that fits almost every scenario being played out.

I don't know if Logan is that smart. You think he could have predicted that Jack would have foiled him mostly but not completely at the airport? I guess it's possible that Jack interfering with the Chechnyans at all went against the plan. Then again the Chinese pretty much believe Jack's dead, so I'm not sure how much gain is available.

OK, how about the two bad guys from season two who haven't been killed yet, Max & Trepkos? The season finale suggested something started that day (and it started with trying to assassinate David Palmer), but didn't end, plus they liked stealing NBC weapons from us and using them against us.

Mike Novick also probably knew that Jack was alive, since he was the one that gave David Palmer the warning about Logan's intentions. Is he still the good guy that he seems, or is he the bad guy from season two who abandoned Palmer and switched political parties? Hmmm...Kim's coming back this season. Is she bringing Chase with her? Is Chase still missing the hand that Jack chopped off? :D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I agree that Logan is not that smart. He's dumb, weak and arrogant. He also doesn't do much for himself, and isn't even comfortable making decisions.

I also think you are right about the bad guys from the end of Season 2. The underlying premise behind Season 2 was that there were people in positions of power who were trying to control the presidency. (Actually also a factor in the first season.) Now those people have a president they can easily manipulate and control. Could they also be the same people Nina was ultimately working for? (Yeah, I know she's dead and all, but as far as I'm concerned, there were a lot of unanswered questions regarding Nina.......)

I'm thinking Novick is OK. He allowed himself to be used in Season 2 and he did betray Palmer, but he was never one of the instigators. Plus, he did redeem himself last season. It is possible that Palmer still did not completely trust him though which would explain his going to Logan's wife instead of him. And while Palmer knew something was up, clearly he didn't have all the details. He would not have been calmly going over his memoirs at 7:00am if he knew an airport was going to be taken over by terrorists in less than 2 hours, right?

Oh, and as far as I know, they sewed Chases' hand back on.:P I'd love to see them bring him back- he and Jack had an interesting relationship.

Dude, he jambed thoes siscors in to that guys jugular! cool. Was Jack banging the blond agent who was interviewing his new girlfriend at CTU headquarters?

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Mike Novick also probably knew that Jack was alive, since he was the one that gave David Palmer the warning about Logan's intentions.

Well, the trailer for next week showed that at least this part was right. ;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Another good show.
A builder for next week

Yeah, a bit of a yawner as "24" normally goes.

Good tension between Audrey and the red head, Jack's current and former girlfriends. Hah! Audrey is a babe!

Chloe realizes she was used by the boyfriend. Will she fall into the arms of Edgar now?

And the President's wife has escaped! Will she seek out Jack for protection and refuge?

They got the scum-bag mole within CTU, leading to the scum-bag mole in the White House. Now it'll be fun to watch the latter get what's coming to him.

Nothing much seemed to happen with the poison gas canisters on the loose...

They got the scum-bag mole within CTU, leading to the scum-bag mole in the White House. Now it'll be fun to watch the latter get what's coming to him.

How would you have liked to be THAT guy, waiting for "Jack to come talk to you"?
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Preston isn't a real mole or a scumbag; he was used and really believed he was serving the president. I also think he genuinely cares for Cloe- go figure. If he doesn't have an unfortunate accident before he can say too much, he just may end up helping Jack, Tony and Cloe save the day. There's probably another mole, so highly placed Walt doesn't even know who he is. (Walt IS a scumbag, but he's also being used............)

And the President's wife has escaped! Will she seek out Jack for protection and refuge?

Huh? Man I should have paused my DVR while taking a leak! >:(

Wait, I recorded it. I can watch that part tonight. ;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Damn, these people know how to start a good show

My fantasy crossover would be "24" and "The Shield" (another fantastic show). How long do you think Jack and Vic Mackey would last working together?
BTW, Shane's booty was in full view tonight...yummy! ;)
-S

My fantasy crossover would be "24" and "The Shield" (another fantastic show). How long do you think Jack and Vic Mackey would last working together?

I've lost interest on the Shield. I liked the older NYPD Blue much better than the shield.

I also love Rescue Me and Nip n' Tuck
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

How would you have liked to be THAT guy, waiting for "Jack to come talk to you"?

Yeah, I was grinning when they said that. They couldn't get the guy to say anything, and I was thinking: "Jack will have that guy spilling his guts in 60 seconds."

Huh? Man I should have paused my DVR while taking a leak! >:(

When the Pres came to get her to take her to the mental ward, they discovered she had climbed out the bathroom window.

There should be a good apology coming from the Pres later on, when he finds out she isn't delusional after all, and that Palmer really did give her a message important to national security.

There should be a good apology coming from the Pres later on, when he finds out she isn't delusional after all, and that Palmer really did give her a message important to national security.

Didn't you watch last season? Logan doesn't apologize or give credit where its due.

Yes, he is scum, but I was figuring maybe he would make an exception for his wife. If not, she should leave the asshole.