Superman32

Yeah, that was a great episode! When I woke up this morning, I was thinking about it and thinking I actually wanted to tune in to the State of the Union address tonight to see how the President talks his way out of this one. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Got to agree with you..lots of stuff happening in this ep. Can't believe Cummings walked in and told Logan that he was a "patriot" and was dispensing nerve gas to "for the good of the country". I'm surprised Jack let him live.
The expression on the First Lady's face when Logan tried to apologize was classic "you're going to pay for this". Jean Smart is perfect for this role.
In the previews for next week, the person hiding in the apartment was dark-skinned. Could it be Wayne Palmer?

--

In the previews for next week, the person hiding in the apartment was dark-skinned. Could it be Wayne Palmer?

I keep thinking that Wayne's a good guy, but I gotta admit the writers are just whacky enough to do something wierd with him. The thought has crossed my mind a few times and I've just said "Naaahh", but I still wonder... :S;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Holy Shit:o:o Today's show is HUGE

Yeah, it was a good one!

The dialogue between Jack's former and current girlfriends was interesting. And Jack was just too darned busy to deal with that crap at the time - Hah! "Darn, Audrey, I'm trying to save the world right now - can we talk about our relationship later?"

One of the interesting things was that it looked like the President was actually about to go along with the traitor's poison gas cover-up for a moment, before Jack burst in and straightened things out. It made you wonder if he would have gone along with it, just to avoid revealing the traitor in his midst, and the trouble that would have created his administration.

Kudos to the Secret Service agent who believed Jack, set him free, and got him in to see the President.

Personally, I wanted to see Jack cut-out at least one eyeball from that traiterous bastard Presidential advisor.

It was nice of the Pres to apologize to his wife. But he deserved the cold shoulder treatment he got in return.

I loved the speech the old-timer head of CTU gave to the young new guy, telling him that if he wanted to keep America safe, he was going to have to violate some darned orders now and then.

The ending was anti-climatic, 'cause you just knew the poison gas containers were going to be missing, otherwise the story line would have been wrapped up with nowhere else to go.

Logan WAS going to go along with Walt's plan until he was caught and realized there was a way out. This is just a revamp on season 2, but with a president who could be easily manipulated instead of Palmer. (BTW- that's the same secret service agent who helped President Palmer back then.) In a way, I feel cheated by the duplicate plot line*, and I'm so irritated by Logan's complete stupidity and lack of a spine. One wonders if he'll develop a conscience and resign from office once this crisis is over, or if he'll be forced out. (And really, the story line is soooo unlikely- planting weapons of mass destruction to justify a war with the ultimate goal of protecting the foreign oil supply? Where on earth do the writers get this stuff? That would NEVER happen!:P)

*I'm hoping the reason for this is that the writers will tie these stories and conspiracies in and answer some questions, like who the fuck was Nina really working for?????

We're only five hours in. By hour 10-possibly 7- the nerve gas will be found and neutralized with minimal casualties- the remaining time will be spent on yet another crisis or 2 and chasing down the conspirators. Even though its predictable, I love this show!

The ending was anti-climatic, 'cause you just knew the poison gas containers were going to be missing, otherwise the story line would have been wrapped up with nowhere else to go.

Nah...fixing one crisis only to find it's related to a bigger crisis is the standard 24 script. There's no way the nerve gas is the penultimate crisis for this season...we've got too far still to go. ;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Nah...fixing one crisis only to find it's related to a bigger crisis is the standard 24 script. There's no way the nerve gas is the penultimate crisis for this season...we've got too far still to go. ;)

This is one aspect of 24 I like best....just when you think you have it figured out, KABLAMEY!!!!!!!!

Last night's episode was HUGE!

Like others have mentioned the whole political slant was pretty ballsy, especially considering the current administration. Phrases like "weapons of mass destruction" and "oil rights" don't just sit there on a plate looking up at you.

I have to admit that when Jack (great name, btw) started puttin the hurt on Cummings then pulled the knife and gave him the "first the left eye then the right eye" speech, I was......delirious with with revenge. KILL HIM....KILL HIM, SLIT HIS EFFIN THROAT! (etc, so on, and so forth!) B| I get so wrapped up.

At my morning meeting I walked in saying "I don't negotiate with my enemies, I eliminate them" and everybody laughed, knew what I was talking about, or launched into their favorite part of the episode.

Yep, it's a phenomenon.

A buddy of mine kept on referring to the son of the chick Jack was hanging with as "the kid that's in love with Jack". Hey, we can have a sense of humor about the show and still love it, right? :P:o:|

This is one aspect of 24 I like best....just when you think you have it figured out, KABLAMEY!!!!!!!!

I just noticed THIS on IMDB.
It is only half the show, there are no dates past 9pm.
:(

I hope they don't mess around like they are doing with Prison Break, and breaking up the show until the fall or some crap.:S

jeff D-16906

No, the season will be uninterrupted, just like last year. Its why FOX waited until January to start it. In previous years, there would be 3-6 weeks between new episodes- Fox would bump 24 for American Idol and other new shows. Either they got too many complaints or they lost viewers because a show like 24 needs continuity.

Do you actually watch Prison Break?:P

"I don't mind that they've dressed his wounds, but don't give him anything for the pain............."

Damn - these writers are good
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

"I don't mind that they've dressed his wounds, but don't give him anything for the pain............."

Damn - these writers are good

"you don't want to go down that road with ME".

*snicker*

I think I am sick. I get giddy when Jack threatens to or is about to torture someone. Granted, they deserve it, but still. :)

After busting in on the Russian bad guy, I can't believe that Jack was dumb enough to leave the "girlfriend" alone to get dressed. She could have just made up that story about being battered, for sympathy, when all along she was one of the conspirators with the poison gas. Jack was way too trusting of her, and sure enough, she pulled out a gun and killed the bad guy, so now they don't have him any more for interrogation. And she still might just be playing a role, and really be a hard-core terrorist, who just killed the trigger expert to prevent the poison location from being uncovered. I don't trust her!

And she still might just be playing a role, and really be a hard-core terrorist, who just killed the trigger expert to prevent the poison location from being uncovered. I don't trust her!

True enough....but they made a point of doing a background through CTU about her being missing, 15yrs old, and the whole sex slave thing. This coupled with all the welts on her lead me to believe that she represents one of the most extreme moral compromises in terrorist scenarios.

then again.....it's 24 and you never effin know!:)

After busting in on the Russian bad guy, I can't believe that Jack was dumb enough to leave the "girlfriend" alone to get dressed. She could have just made up that story about being battered, for sympathy, when all along she was one of the conspirators with the poison gas. Jack was way too trusting of her,

They were just playing up the daughter aspect of the show. Maybe he saw the girl and thought of his daughter (yea, I know she is older now).

I thought it was lame - I turned to my roomate and said she was going to kill the russian man to complicate the story line. I also wondered if she wasn't part of the plot as well.

Next weeks previews show Jack getting captured again. Geesh. Twice in one day?

I'm already thinking to the end of the show - how does Jack get out of this. And then I wondered, has there been talk of a Day 6? Maybe this is the last season for Jack Baurer? Maybe he ends up dead? He can't show up alive and in public again if I am not mistaken.

Considering that Behrooz killed his father last season (victimized teen) and Palmer's campaign aid killed Victor Drazen's son when she realized he'd been using her, I think it was a lapse in judgement for Jack to be so trusting of yet another victimized young woman. Maybe I've just seen too many seasons of 24 because I figured she would either kill the Russian or kill herself, and 2 suicides in one episode would have been over the top! :P

I can't stand Logan!!

dude, it didn't hit me until tonight that they are gunning for this president (bush and his cronies) and his administration. I mean, being complicit in the death of the russian prez!? And did you see those previews for next week where it looks like he may have to sacrifice his wife?! Yikes...!

All in all, I thought tonight's episode was really good and shows them almost back in form. Truth be told, the last three weeks were ok, at best. Tonight had the old heart pumpin again.

Oh, and Sean Austin is a whiney insecure bi-atch! I can't wait for him to get his comeuppance. :)

It didn't hit you until tonight? Have you been watching? :P A president (not elected by the public) with more arrogance than brains OR ethics, one who acts like a spoiled child? A plot to plant WMDs on an Asian nation in order to justify a war and take control of their oil supply? None of that rang any bells until last night?

I'm very disappointed that the writers took this route with Sean Astin's character- of course this isn't the first time the crew at CTU has had to defy authority and work outside the system but what McGill is doing is way over the top. Between him and Logan, it seems like the writers are painting themselves into a corner. CTU is practically going to have to stage a government coup just to save the country not only from the terrorists, but from the corrupt INEPT administration- all with the help of Logan's wife- a little batty but the only part of the president's "team" with brains AND ethics.

Last night was good but all in all, so far the season is letting me down.

The terrorists who wanted to release the nerve gas in the US was killed and the original plan, which was to release it in Russia is back on track. However, the terrorists have now contacted Logan and want the route the Russian President is taking from the White House to the airport b/c they want to assasinate him. They have threatened to release the gas in the US if Logan doesn't comply. He did and his wife, knowing whats going on, decided to ride with the Russian Prez and his wife.

Others can fill you in on the finer details, but thats it in a nutshell.