Superman32

Anybody got any theories as to who is behind the murders? It's got to be someone who knew Jack wasn't dead.

That's what I can't figure out. Apparently those guys were Russian separatists (Chechens?), but I don't see the connection between that political cause and the murder of Logan and Michelle, and the attempt on Chloe. What's the CTU got to do with Chechnya?

I'm stumped too. I keep thinking the Chinese are somehow involved and they may be getting help from the Chechnyans. That Chinese agent from season 4 is a pretty sharp guy and he may not have believed Jack was dead for some reason. They may have cut a deal with the Chechnyans. I don't know, still to early in the season for speculation. I know I'll be glued to the tube tonight.

Are you people watching this.
Pres. Spineless Logan's stupidity causes me physical pain

Oh my head hurts:SB|

It doesn't start for another hour over here on the left coast...but I'm waiting patiently. :|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

OK...I watched it for the 1st time tonight,because of this thread..(yea..BEER...thanks I had a couple ;))..caught the double episode(missed SG-1 and Enterpise because of it...well mostly...I'm a pro channel flipper)...very cool show...like the way its done... different ,refreshing style.

Now here's my beef...not really with the show...but...if I was being lead off from a group of hostigages and not already cuffed/zip tied/wire tied..ie: had my hands free...to be excuted or suspected it...damn if I'd be going without a fight....someone would be getting some damage somewhere before they brought me down...but no fucking way in hell would I get on my knee's to be shot in the head!!!

I'll be tuning in next week or setting my vcr :$

I donb't get that either.
It's in the movies where they make the guy dig his own grave. He does and then just patiently waits to get shot.
If I were in that situation, armed with a shovel, you bet your ass that thing would be coming at the guy's head.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

They go through more CTU leaders in less than 24 hours than an entire Vegas whorehouse in a week.

What's really funny is that last season, Buchanon was the guy from "division" who was brought in to supervise the person in charge of CTU- Michelle, brought in to replace Erin. So it looks like he was demoted, and he's being demoted again. I think they did the same thing with Chapelle in season 3 (he was the division guy from season 2, running CTU in season 3) and George from Season 2 who was the division guy from Season 1 and took over running CTU from Jack. Running CTU doesn't seem to be a very good career move.

Running CTU doesn't seem to be a very good career move.

Too many people counting protocol violations.

I liked last night when Chloe showed back up at the office to help with the hostage crises, and the boss immediately starts to harangue her for "8 protocol violations". Her response was something like; "Actually, it was more like 28 violations. Now, would you like me to help out with this crises, or not?" Ha!

There are too many minions on the show who don't have any balls to stand up for what is right.

Cloe has grown on me so much since season 3. She's become one of my favorite characters and that scene was classic. But of course that's one of the ongoing themes each season. Jack does the right thing and gets the job done, but he ALWAYS has to work around protocol and bureaucratic nonsense to do it.

What I can't believe is that it took some "by the book" geek to figure out what Jack was trying to tell them. Tony would have known in a heartbeat just from the tone of Jack's voice. (Anyone want to place bets on how soon after surgery he's up and around helping Jack chase the bad guys?)

What I can't believe is that it took some "by the book" geek to figure out what Jack was trying to tell them.

Yeah, I was cursing that three-piece-suit bureaucrat, but he saved the day.

I knew something fishy was up when Jack used that "flank 2" phrase in his coerced-at-terrorist-gunpoint instructions to the SWAT team. And I was much surprised that the terrorist didn't demand to know what that meant. I guess that would have spoiled the drama.

Now we've got a few moles and traitors to clean up in the White House...

What I can't believe is that it took some "by the book" geek to figure out what Jack was trying to tell them.

Yeah, I was cursing that three-piece-suit bureaucrat, but he saved the day.

I knew something fishy was up when Jack used that "flank 2" phrase in his coerced-at-terrorist-gunpoint instructions to the SWAT team. And I was much surprised that the terrorist didn't demand to know what that meant. I guess that would have spoiled the drama.

Now we've got a few moles and traitors to clean up in the White House...

Yeah it was painfully obvious that "flank 2" was a code word for having been compromised. Dixie says NO to the hobbit manager character.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

He's like another Chapelle. He isn't dirty, he means well, but he gets too caught up in the bureaucratic BS and his own power trip to be really effective, PLUS he hasn't given himself over to the phenomenom known as Jack Bauer just yet. Chapelle was starting to come around before Jack had to kill him.......:P

There are too many minions on the show who don't have any balls to stand up for what is right.

This is what makes it seem real. CTU, microsoft, or some city job....everybody has to take shit, a tongue-lashing or sit on their thoughts once in a while.

well, except me. That said, I have been "lamming it" for years now. Too many "bodies" strewn about the place. :P

Did anyone catch it? Just before the guy that murdered Palmer was killed he told Jack that Palmer was the primary target because he was trying to pass on some information (assumably to Logan's wife) and that the others were killed (or attempted) to make it look like Jack killed everyone who knew he was alive.

Yeah, that was pretty clear. The question is who is behind those murders, and what information were they trying to suppress by killing Palmer. The second part appears to have been given Monday night... a nerve agent attack, though we have seen these things come in layers before, and already this year...assasinations over the top of an airport siege on top of a theft of nerve agents. Still, we don't really know who's behind it all, only that whoever it is knew Jack was still alive.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Did anyone catch it? Just before the guy that murdered Palmer was killed he told Jack that Palmer was the primary target because he was trying to pass on some information (assumably to Logan's wife)...

Caught it. So why would ex-Pres Palmer use the wife to get info to the new-Pres Logan? Are they not talking to each other directly any more, due to personal dislike or something?

And the Pres.-assistant guy seems to be discrediting the first lady, with the false tape-recording of the phone conversation, and stealing the conversation transcript from her. So is he working with the Russkies to suppress Palmer's information?

Just what the hell *is* this information?

Inquiring minds want to know. And I'll be tuned in every week until I find out!

So why would ex-Pres Palmer use the wife to get info to the new-Pres Logan? Are they not talking to each other directly any more, due to personal dislike or something?

She told her husband that he was calling her to pass along the information because hubby had completely shut Palmer out, and she was the only contact he had to get the information to the President.

Pres. Spineless Logan's stupidity causes me physical pain

Logan is WAY too irritating to survive the season. Who's the VP right now? Anyone know what Mike Novick's job title is? It'd be nice to hear he's secretary of state, but I think he's just a generic "advisor". They'd have to kill off 5 people for us to get Jack's boss last season (SecDef) installed as president.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Last season, especially the end, pretty much sums up the relationship between Palmer and Logan; its obvious why he can't go to Logan directly. The friendship with the "unstable wife" is simply a plot device- a good one really, but in theory, Palmer could have gone to Mike. I think the end of last season also established that the other aid, Walt? was dirty and manipulating Logan. (Logan isn't bad per se, he's stupid and arrogant, and that makes him very easy to manipulate.) If I'm not mistaken, he's the same guy who ordered the "hit" on Jack. Palmer found out and warned him, which is why they faked his death. Look for Aaron (the secret service guy) and Mike to be the ones who help unravel the deception from the inside by secretly helping the first lady. Mike still has a lot to atone for and Aaron's just a good guy.