AggieDave

Eating for your blood type

Has anyone actually done this? Do you think it helped?

Strangely enough, reading about it on the internet, I found that the foods listed that were "best" for my blood type were foods I enjoy eating anyways. As of now I really think that its a bunch of self-help BS that someone cooked up to sell books (like Dr. Phil's entire line up).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I actually follow that diet and I feel great. I don't feel tired or worn down and I have been sleeping really well since I started it. (3 Months ago). Although being a vegetarian makes it hard to eat out places that my husband likes to eat out at....

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

I'm type A-Negative. (Freaking Squeak ruins my mojo - our blood type ain't too common.)

So, I saw what it recommended - "Type A - Vegetarian." "Type As should eliminate all meats from their diet." and "Most dairy products are not digestible for Type As."

But wait!! There's more - "These don't suit the digestive system of Type As, nor do they support the immune system: Beer, Distilled liquor, Seltzer water, Soda, Black Tea."

"Condiments These products should be avoided because Type As have low levels of stomach acid: Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Pickles, Relish, Worcestershire sauce"

I should also avoid,"English muffins, Bread (High-protein whole wheat, Multi-grain), Matzos, pumpernickel, Wheat bran muffins, Flour (white, whole wheat), Pasta (Semolina, spinach)"

I initially thought, "FUCK THAT! I'll be the healthiest motherfucker ever right up until the day I kill myself due to major sensory-deprivation-induced depression."

Then I realized that I''m A-Negative - So take the negative of everything it says. WHich is what I do.

And if I experience a cerebrovascular accident tonight, at least I know that the al pators burrito I ate tonight was dern tasty, even more delectable when paired with a Firestone Double Barrel Ale.:)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'm A+. I don't understand this at all:

Bread & Noodles Type As have a wonderful selection and choices in grains and pastas Bread (Essene, Ezekiel, Soya flour, Sprouted wheat), Rice cakes, Flour (Oat, Rice, Rye), Soba Noodles, Pasta (Artichoke)

NOT ALLOWED: English muffins, Bread (High-protein whole wheat, Multi-grain), Matzos, pumpernickel, Wheat bran muffins, Flour (white, whole wheat), Pasta (Semolina, spinach)

Oh yeah. Wonderful selection. :|

Accorsing to that BS I should be eating only tofu and carrots. Mm-hmm, riiiiiight.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm type A-Negative. (Freaking Squeak ruins my mojo - our blood type ain't too common.)

How the frigg do i ruin your mojo, ytou're a bloody lawyer, your mojo was fucked well before my post:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm A+. I don't understand this at all:

Bread & Noodles Type As have a wonderful selection and choices in grains and pastas Bread (Essene, Ezekiel, Soya flour, Sprouted wheat), Rice cakes, Flour (Oat, Rice, Rye), Soba Noodles, Pasta (Artichoke)

NOT ALLOWED: English muffins, Bread (High-protein whole wheat, Multi-grain), Matzos, pumpernickel, Wheat bran muffins, Flour (white, whole wheat), Pasta (Semolina, spinach)

Oh yeah. Wonderful selection. :|

Accorsing to that BS I should be eating only tofu and carrots. Mm-hmm, riiiiiight.

Also an A+.

Let's switch to the Okra and Black-Eyed Peas diet!:P:D:D:D

It will go well with the collard greens, broccoli, alfalfa sprouts, cod, salmon and Red snappers.

No ketchup, Mayo, Beer, or soda?!?!?
[:/]
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I was wondering a very similar thing, although in a much more simple line of thinking. "Its digested by the time it hits your blood stream, already into the chemicals your body uses for various functions..."

Hence my BS like Dr. Phil comment in the first post.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hey is there anyone O-? I am not that special, just O+:)

Type Os thrive on intense physical exercise and animal protein. Unlike the other blood types, Type Os muscle tissue should be slightly on the acid side. Type Os can efficiently digest and metabolize meat because they tend to have high stomach-acid content. The success of the Type O Diet depends on the use of lean, chemical-free meats, poultry, and fish. Type Os don't find dairy products and grains quite as user friendly as do most of the other blood types.

I am an animal:ph34r:
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Did you post this after watching Samuel L. Jackson tonight on Leno? Just curious, as this was the first time I had heard of this eating for your blood type.

Andrew
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

No sh*t...the chances of me cutting red meat out this A+ guy are slim and none...:|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I followed it for a long time. I lost weight and had a ton more energy. I started off by just cutting way back on the foods I should avoid. By the end I was eating all the foods that are beneficial to you and couldn't have felt better. I have been thinking about getting back on it again. It's really not that hard. And if nothing else it stears you toward naturally good foods. You don't see it recommending frozen pizza and mac-n-cheese. :P

I did it. Went veggie for 3 years. Lost some weight. Never had heart burn, head aches, digestive problems, mood swings.

It was cool for a while. Then i started to not eat as healthy. Gained weight, started trying meat, got heart burn, head aches, digestive problems.

Let's face it, the less processed foods you eat the better. Raw veggies are the best thing for you. Full of insecticides and e-coli.:D

It looks like bullshit to me.

Every few years another one of these diet fads comes along. People don't want to hear the truth: Eat a balanced diet, whole grains, plenty of fruit/veggies, get enough sleep and exercise regularly.

Once you do that you'll get all the benefits of health, but people don't want to hear that. It's too boring. They want some secret gimmick.

I'm A+, and it says meat makes me sluggish (not true, unless I overeat, which would happen no matter what I ate) Also that I should have trouble digesting dairy products (also untrue).

---

I'll bet I could publish a book that said you should eat certain foods based on your zodiac sign, and it would probably sell like hotcakes.

:S:S:S:S:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------