jumper03

What would you do without friends like these?

Saturday started to look like a wash weather wise but the weather gods cooperated and we sent up the PAC all afternoon. On my next to last jump I look at my team mate - "what is the date?" "Jan 6" she says. And I remember - holy shit today is my birthday (I should have kept my mouth shut).

Last jump of the day - we have a six way with three new jumpers - it's a jump club day - we get this kick ass dive planned - launch a 3 way star that we take into a donut and the other three come in for sidebodies.

My 'friend' is insistent that it be a left hand donut. I figure - what the hell, he just made the Golden Knights, he must know what he's doing.

Launch, Star, Donut, sidebody......*feel the d-bag leave my back at 8 grand*....WTF?????? As he rolls away laughing I flip him off. The whole plane was in on it. So they sang happy birthday on the ride up and I got an extended canopy ride from which I watched the sunset. It was one of those moments I could not get the smile off my face because my life is great right now and despite all that has happened - I'm pretty damned lucky. This sport and the people in it rock.

I know we've all had a rough time of it lately with injuries, fatalities and such. Just take time to think about all the wonderful people around you. :)
Steven
Scars remind us that the past is real

That's pretty cool. Happy Birthday. As to your question, what would I do without friends like that, I would've tracked then pulled at about 2700' +/-...I guess...:P

Good story!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Nice man. Great story. Similar situation up here with the weather. Looked like garbage, before we knew it it was sunny and we were jumping. Some awesome jumps were made, everyone at the DZ got to jump at least once, and for the first time since October, I jumped without gloves.

Can't believe it's January 6th...

How do you forget your own birthday? Silly boy. :P

Sounds like a wonderful birthday jump. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think your mock-anger on landing was the funniest thing of all. You don't know how hard it was to watch you meticulously dirt-dive that jump at the mock-up, knowing what they planned, and not say something smart-assed. :P

Happy birthday, my friend. Cora and I wish you all the best. Maybe we can all take a trip to Seattle together and eat sushi the way it was meant to be eaten. ;):D
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

eat sushi the way it was meant to be eaten. ;):D

I'm all down with that!!!! :D:D

Thanks everyone - it was indeed the best birthday in a long time.

As for the Raeford peeps - payback is sweet - better check your sliders for flour boys and girls...:)

And Skinny - See you at dublin!

S.
Scars remind us that the past is real