Twoply

Post the common innaccuracies on TV that bug you

Name the most common inaccuracies that you've seen on regular TV shows. Things I'm referring to are how police detectives are always really cocky and have the perfect little phrase for the moment or how every person who gets administered CPR, comes out of unconciousness and coughs.

Anymore, I only watch Heroes. But I will tell you that cutting off the top of someone's head like Sylar does, isn't as easy as it looks.

Military uniforms far too often are incorrect in some way. Insignia or awards worn improperly, out of context, or just wrong. Funny, it would be so easy to take a few moments to get it right.

Movies are worse, especially since many which have some military element to it have paid advisors.

Not that it bugs me, but it kinda ruins the illusion of the story when you see mistakes like that. Like when a boom mike drops into frame. Or when Jimmy Fallon showed up in the middle of Band of Brothers.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

Military uniforms far too often are incorrect in some way.

That is due to law, not for lack of attention to detail or being technically correct. Some shows/movies are better than others where it isn't as obvious.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

All the medical shows that 'shock' (defibrillate) asystole (flat line).

You don't shock the heart to start it, you defibrillate ventricular fibrillation to stop unwanted cardiac activity.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

You don't shock the heart to start it, you defibrillate ventricular fibrillation to stop unwanted cardiac activity.

What is done to a flat line, anything?

What really bugs me is the extremely dark work environments of so many shows.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I've always claimed with enough epi and atropine you can get a rythym out of a steak, but I have yet to actually try it.

It doesn't matter what day of the month it is or how many consecutive nights in a row a story is, it doesn't matter what time of night it is, it's always a full moon.

Further, that full moon is probably on the horizon at mid-night.

Further still, any time-lapse shot of the moon rising has a 50/50 chance of being backwards . . . as does any shot of the sun rising or setting.

I will forgive a certain amount of exaggeration in the size of the moon compared to the rest of the sky because that is a commonly perceived optical illusion and looks pretty neat in real life, but the reality is, the moon and sun both take up about 0.5° of sky and they're REALLY tiny compared to the rest of the sky. Neither should ever appear to damn near fill the entire sky.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What's this "TV" of which you speak? :|

A device used for many purposes including entertainment. Some claim an extraordinary amount of pride in not using or even having the device, because they view it as a waste of time and such. The device has much in common with the internet and internet forum sites.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

How about recorded 911 calls on COPS and the like. You hear the tones of the dialer pushing 9-1-1. On a recording of the call, you wouldn't hear the dialing.

On a side note, why do we still call it "dialing". Are there still dial phones anywhere?
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Military uniforms far too often are incorrect in some way.

That is due to law, not for lack of attention to detail or being technically correct. Some shows/movies are better than others where it isn't as obvious.

To quote pops jumper
"You beat me to it. "
My photos

My Videos

About the only things I really notice are the skydiving errors, like most of us on here do.

There is the commercial for auto insurance where a car chase scene is being filmed on a high rise parking garage and the car veers away from a head-on collision and goes over the edge, and falls some 200 feet or more into the water...

I had the feeling it was Chicago in the Blues Brothers movie... :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

CPR, epinephrine and atropine.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".