Icon134

Weekend numbers 2-3 June 07

0:4:0

Nothing too exciting jump wise... I think I did 4 (or possibly 5) fun jumps on Saturday before some weather moved in... I imagine the weather broke sooner or later but I went and did some Relative work of the family variety (my sister came into town and we celebrated my brother's birthday with dinner at my parents house.) overall not a bad day...

Sunday I took the day off from jumping and was working on a birthday gift for my GF... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

1 Skydive Atlanta annaversary
2 HNP (weather)
1 make-shift slip and slide that caused a bit of brusing
1 inflateable pool
7 people doing Jager shots in the inflateable pool
5 gallons of margaritas
4 bottles of jager
Many games of dodge ball
1 great big bouncy joust ring
1 broken toe
1 dislocated toe
1 dude getting knocked the fuck out (we're still not sure how that happened)
$201 total collected for "What would you do for a dollar"
$100 paid to the two ladies who teamed up to win
$50 paid to the second place winner
$51 saved for alcohol this weekend

and so many stories, and things I saw that I cannot repeat. I know there were pictures, but not by me. Good times.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

1 horrible sinus infection:2:0

I spent most the week dripping and caughing up snot, 2 jumps were about all I could take. 1 taching Daizey to freefly, I met Andycopland on the lift too. Second was a hop and pop where I tried a right hand pattern instead of the left normally. very weird.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

10 jumps!

I did 7 video jumps and 3 freeflys. It was my first day on the schedule as a videographer. However, I've already bought probably 3 cases (that's 24 beers per case, not 12!) for this tandem video stuff.. so I have decided that I don't really owe.

Doing tandem videos ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love watching those guys in freefall, they turn into little kids up there!B| The videos that I did this weekend were my best yet.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

B|:3:0

Three fun jumps at K-pow, including my 300th. Thanks to JohnMitchell and monkycndo for joining me on that one. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

0:2:1

The weather was pretty crappy this weekend so there wasn't much jumping going on here. I had one of the best RW jumps ever though. I still get excited when I think about it. Also, thanks to some crappy weather on Sunday a bunch of us were able to do our water training and get our B's. So even though there wasn't much jumping it was still a good weekend.

0 : 1 : 1/2

First wkend in 2 weeks i get to jump the weather is crap! >:(
Got a quick 3way in on sat before the weather closed in. Then on sunday stayed in the plane with my students after the weather closed in while on run-in.
So thats my :D landing in the plane:P

Ready...Set...Go..!

SkydiveSwakop

12 ; 7 ; 0

12 hours waiting at the airfield saturday, waiting for skies to clear so we could fly the plane to the DZ.. We managed to fly on sunday only...

6 tandems, mostly Red Bull Formula1 girls :)
1 track jump over our regular DZ.

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

one annoying ear infection : 11 : 0

Had an awesome time on my 400th playing hang the human ornaments on the naked xmas tree. (Popping into a sit on a naked jump feels great, but I now advise against holding it for the entire jump B| It brings new meaning to the term (black and) blue balls. :D:D

:ph34r::1:1

My first jump in 2007! :S But I'm once again current! Got a kisspass on my recurrency dive too!

Also someone brought the cutest little puppy out to the dz that needed a home! We all tried to get our pilot to take him but he wouldn't, so me and my sweety adopted the little guy instead! He's a beautiful pup - a blue heeler/austrailian shepherd mix.
~skysprite

;):8:0

Lots of jumps for me for a weekend - even though a good portion of our jumpers were in the coach course we still managed to get some time in the air. Livendive - you did a great job this weekend!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

:):D

3 fun RW dives. The last being NWFlyer's 300th.

:D for jumping my new V-Max RW suit (Thanks Valinda) and for the first time visiting K-Pow. I'll have to pay that off the next time I'm there.

The weather in Seattle was glorious while not so great in the Bay Area. Went out to breakfast and had an incredible omelet that had sausage, green chiles, cheese and,,,,,,,, pineapple. Yep, pineapple. It was really good.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Can't believe I got the humps in = 3:)Jumps: 4, the third of which was significant even number...
Beers; blah-blah...so many other people doing firsts that it didn't matter!!:ph34r:

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

Livendive - you did a great job this weekend!

Thanks Cindy B|. For a little DZ like our's, I thought we all did pretty good to get 9 thru the coach course while also knocking out 30 tandems and some IADs and AFFs (and our first graduate of the season). It's very cool that so many people are willing to help out wherever they're needed, especially when things get a little hectic like yesterday. We also got those soil samples pulled at the other location last night. Muttley has some great pictures of Rex doing his best impression of PigPen (I was too fat to collect some of them). :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)