popsjumper

Lost Wallet - by dumbass

Anybody else admit to being a dumbass and losing your wallet?

Geez...it could only be one of three places - yet not found.
-Gas station (place of last appearance)
-Post office
-Grocery store (check-out line with no wallet :$)

Rant 1: Yep, I'm a dumbass and if there was a Dumbass Union I would automatically be in the running for president. >:(

Rant 2: Why should I expect/hope that human nature would be anything other than steal the money and dump the wallet somewhere instead of steal the money and turn the wallet in? [:/]

Cancelled CCs and ATM card.

One CC took about 3 minutes. Phone number for lost cards right up there on page 1 of the website. Live humna naswered the phone.

The other CC lost-card phone number was burried 6 pages deep on the website and it was an automated system. The option to get to the lost-card part was 5 layers deep. It took 29 minutes going through the barrage of automated voice systems and finally getting pissed off and punching 0 about a million times before it finally put me through to a live human being. You can bet that the next time, I'll circumvent the entire process and start punching 0 right off the bat.

The good news:
1. Got my gas tank filled.
2. Got everything cancelled before any damage was done.
3. The customer service reps all were native english speakers.
:)
The bad news:
1. No groceries and no cash - I'm starving my ass!!!!!

What I should have done:
When the live rep answered on the second CC, I should have first said, "If are a machine, press 1. If you are a human, press 14329687393473993673275920423497."
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I have found a couple of wallets and a checkbook(w/ CCs). Each time, found the wallet at night right near the ATM of a bank. Dropped them in the night drop box with a note. Called the phone number in the checkbook and the lady was tickled pink.

I've lost my wallet twice. Yes, I was part of your dumbass union for a while.[:/]

edit: Forgot the time I left my wallet at the supermarket near the DZ. Got home and realized I didn't have it. Called the store and they had it at the office. That's the good part. Hour & a half each way to go get it and this is starting the trip at 9:30pm. Plus I needed to fuel my car and had no cash or CCs. Luckily found my "backup card" and got there just in time before the store closed.[:/]

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I didn't lose mine, but last week on Wednsday I left mine at the DZ. This was mostly because of a series of bad things I had done on a jump which made me very ashamed to even be there.

Series of events:
-Mistake 1: Doing a sunset load in overcast conditions ( I don't see well in the dark)
-Mistake 2: Pulled at 3500 ft (told guy I was jumping with I'd pull at 4500)
-Mistake 3: Landed in the EXACT oppisite direction of everyone else. (dont think I didnt get my share of bitching for that one)

All of this was greatly due to the fact that I could hardly see what I was doing. Long story short, I was so depressed after that jump that I settled up and just left (without my wallet).

On a brighter note I just jumped this weekend and did everything just fine.
Muff #5048

On a winter road trip long ago, I spent a day skiing at Squaw Valley. As I was taking my skiis off at the end of the day, I noticed the pocket containing my wallet was unsnapped...OH SHIT...reached inside...no wallet. So as I was calmly considering my options, (while jumping up and down swearing up a storm), a nearby stranger asked what was the problem. When I told him, he directed me to the nearby building that contained the lost-and-found office.

"Yeah right", I thought; What is the possibility in all the thousands of acres where it might be, that someone actually found it and turned it in? So I strolled into the office and told the girl my problem. She held up my wallet and asked, "Does it look like this?"

I wanted to jump across the counter and get a lip-lock on her. Not just because she had my wallet, but because she was also smoking-hot!:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

...but because she was also smoking-hot!:D

See? Just MY freakin' luck...The lady at the gas station was old, short, fat and ugly.
[:/]

Look at the bright side. It could have been an old, short, fat and ugly guy. No offense Shrek.:|:P
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

had been working hard. all day....
i started by collecting a payment for a small job done one day, of the week before...
165 $$$ cash...

got lots done, including dropping off my rig for a repack,,,,,, 60 miles from home..
was heading in...
i called a pizza place near home and placed a take out order...so as to be the "returning Father... dinner in hand"...B|

well i got there,,,, removed my wallet gave the worker a 20,,, and like a fool, laid my wallet on an eye level counter top and then backed away from it as other customers had arrived...:|[:/]>:(:S

i received my order and some change and left...:|
it was 15 minutes later, at home , that I realized it was gone...
damn.....[:/] dumbass for SURE!!!!.
nuts.
i called them and they said no sorry, no one turned in anything..... DUH!!!???

so the next day i returned and asked to speak with a manager, just in case...
well She says.... "no problem,,, we'll check the Video" !!!
whoa!!! of course.. video.. i had never thought of that.. see ??? dumbass!!!:P:)

well later that night they called and said. "sorry sir,,,if it was a staff person we would have made good, but it was a customer"... " he came in right after you paid, with another person, and he covered the wallet, and took it and walked out, and the woman picked up the order.""""..... damn...
i called the few CC cancellation lines, ordered a replacement USPA card, ( Which arrived the NEXT day.... BTW ) ;)B| went to Motor vehicles and got a new license application completed, and replaced the few keys which were in it....
never saw any of that stuff again,,,,,
my main regret????
that i didn't pay JC for the pack job ahead of time.... hell i couldda paid HIM a 100 bucks and at least felt better about it...
I don't usually carry pictures anymore in my wallet... most of the other stuff can be replaced.....
...." Dumb Ass"!!!... as Red would say...

jt

Yeah! I was twelve at the time.:D

Chuck

I was a few years older. Had a few dollars and a school ID in mine. 9 years later my parents get a call about a found wallet. I go out to meet the person who found it. Got it back with the ID intact, that's it. Weird...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...but because she was also smoking-hot!:D

See? Just MY freakin' luck...The lady at the gas station was old, short, fat and ugly. [:/]

Well, if you're hungry, go sweet-talk that old, short, fat ugly chick. They know how to cook and have plenty of time on their hands. :P

Sorry to hear about your loss. [:/]
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I found a wallet once with over $500 cash in an empty parking lot of a 7-11 once. Sat in my car for a few pondering the possibillities... decided the right thing to do would be to try and return it, so I went back into the store to see if anyone had asked since there was no ID in the wallet. Low and behold while talking about it, a fella came in almost in tears praying beyond hope that someone had found it. After identifying the exact amount and denominations, I gave it back to him. he was most appreciative and explained that the cash inside was his months paycheck and he 'really, really...' needed it for rent and food for his kids.

Fast forward a few weeks... I lost my wallet with my freshly cashed paycheck (which I needed for food and skydives...) and it was returned with all the cash inside.

Karma is sooo cool!
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

We've got video of a dude who was trying to learn to sitfly (you know, the silly flopping backflipping kind) without a jumpsuit. Clearly on video a little black object flies out of his back pocket, up, up, and away.

On the ground we plugged the video into the TV in front of everyone and played it slomo forward and backwards. Look everyone! It's jumping out of the pocket... oh, oh, now it's going back IN the pocket! And hey look! It's coming back out again! And hey look again, back IN the pocket! Dude was not happy, at all. Hehe :ph34r:

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I lost my wallet several years ago. I was really upset about losing that particular wallet because my dad had made it for me and I wanted the wallet-what was inside was important but secondary. I had lost it in a nasty snowstorm at a gas station. Nobody found it so I went through all the cancel/renew CC's, new drivers license, inspector's licenses, etc. About 3 months later when all the snowpiles at the side of the parking lot melted, some anonymous decent human being mailed me my wallet - intact with the contents including $30 cash, and a note saying he found it stuck in the ice at the edge of the lot. I was very happy to get it back as my dad had died since he had made it and it was irreplaceable. Restored my faith in humanity!

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

My buddy lost his $620 camera Saturday night when we were out 4 wheelin'...

Childs play.:D
When I was younger (about 12 years younger)
one of my friends fell asleep on the city bus and woke up in time to get off at his stop.

The dumbass forgot his $1200 guitar. He was coming home from school with it. It was a good thing his brothers had extra guitars to lend him so he could get through the rest of the year.

THAT guy cuaght all kinds of shit. In fact, its been about 15 months siunce I spoke to him, I am gonna call and give him more shit.
Thanks for the reminder.;)
My photos

My Videos

My buddy lost his $620 camera Saturday night when we were out 4 wheelin'...

Childs play.:D
When I was younger (about 12 years younger)
one of my friends fell asleep on the city bus and woke up in time to get off at his stop.

The dumbass forgot his $1200 guitar. He was coming home from school with it. It was a good thing his brothers had extra guitars to lend him so he could get through the rest of the year.

THAT guy cuaght all kinds of shit. In fact, its been about 15 months siunce I spoke to him, I am gonna call and give him more shit.
Thanks for the reminder.;)

That's what I'm here for... reminding you to piss off your best friends:P

Ya, I doubt anyone's gonna find that camera... it's lost somewhere in the middle of the desert
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I left a work deposit in a shopping cart, got it back complete, all 1300 in cash...... Person who found it looked up my phone number by my name, which was on my paycheck... which was also in the bank bag!! :)

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

I found a wallet once with over $500 cash in an empty parking lot of a 7-11 once.

Low and behold while talking about it, a fella came in almost in tears praying beyond hope that someone had found it.

the cash inside was his months paycheck and he 'really, really...' needed it for rent and food for his kids.

Great story. You're a good guy for doing what you did. But what kind of idiot carries a month's pay on him? I know folks that still do this, and it's how the poor get poorer, through poor money skills. This guy should have a checking account (they're free) and maybe an ATM card. :S[:/]

I stopped at the atm and withdrew $1200 from my checking account to pay my rent. It was all 20s and I crammed it in my wallet.

I stopped to get a bite at KFC and took my wallet out of my back pocket because it was so uncomfortable. Then I finished my food and left without even thinking about it.

Needless to say it was gone when I got back. I have not had KFC since.