steveorino

Corvette anyone?

Oooooh, wouldn't you look cool pulling into the DZ in that!!B|

You can't go wrong with a vette...unless you order it or paint it some odd color like pea green (I saw someone driving a pea green corvette once...all I could think was "WHY??":S).

BUY IT! BUY IT!

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Offer them 7500 or check out ebay motors

Also, please get that thing checked out by a mechanic you know, Vettes have a reputation for being beaten and sold.

I have a friend that wanted a vette, he checked out five cars before he found one that was not previously wrecked or screwed up.

Wisdom from our neighbor here.

In the words of Car & Driver (in ref to late 70s-early 80s vettes): "Back then, Corvettes were primitive and enjoyed all the build quality of Chinese gardening equipment." -Nov 07.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

prefer 77 and previous myself. be sure to check the weather stripping. that faded sopt on the rear lower window could be a sign of leaking or just old age. and vette weather stripping isn't cheap.

also be sure you can afford the insurance.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Offer them 7500 or check out ebay motors

Also, please get that thing checked out by a mechanic you know, Vettes have a reputation for being beaten and sold.

I have a friend that wanted a vette, he checked out five cars before he found one that was not previously wrecked or screwed up.

I took it for a spin today. It has some noises in the rear (U joints, tranny? ) I don't like. I guess I'll keep looking. :S

steveOrino

I always like the 80's ones myself...have fun with it man!

Me too. :ph34r: 80's and 60's.

I saw a pic once of my daddy's '68 forest green corvette...it had some special engine in it (my brain won't cough it up at the second). It was fockin' beautiful. :|

They said they sold it when they had ME. WTH...they should have KEPT it for when I turned 16!! :):):)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Auction /Avg. Price /Avg. Mileage /No. Sold

FAAO /$7,100 /37,007 /1
KC /$5,600 /99,902 /1
MANHEIM /$10,300 /61,861 /1
OHIO /$6,900 /49,976 /1
SAN ANTO /$3,800 /55,751 / 1
W PALM /$9,200 /57,659 / 1

Here's what the dealers are paying for '81's (sorry, search doesn't go back to '80)

Depending on the miles and condition it sounds like a decent price.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Other comments particularly related to the C3 model you posted pics of:

-The headlights are vaccum operated and they are prone to failure. It's very common to see C3's running around with the headlights in the "up" position during the day or to have one stuck up and one down. Never purchase a C3 Corvette (if you intend to drive it immediately) without first cycling the headlights up and down at least a dozen times to make sure the system works.

-The weather seals around the T-tops are flimsy and prone to leakage. The latches and locks on them are prone to rusting and seizing.

-The center console lid is crap and cracks very easilly. Same for the cover over the handbrake. The door panels are also crap.

Thankfully, there are at least a dozen businesses that sell nothing but reproduction Corvette parts, all of which are cheaper and better built than the OEM stuff.

As to C3 Corvettes in general, I would not ever consider buying one from 1974 thru 1979. 80's and 81's rate higher in my opinion because the rear glass is hinged and functions as a hatch. You can buy a kit to retrofit a 1978 with the hinges and gas struts. I am personally much fonder of earlier C3's (particularly 1968-1970)

I wouldn't advise anyone to buy an early C4 (1984-1990). My 1985 had the odd cross-ram injection and the funky electric overdrive/manual tranny. C5's became great cars in 1991 when they started being offered with LT-1 350's. It takes about $200 to make a 1991 look exactly like a 2006 (the last year of the C4). My very favorite car was my 1996 C4 Corvette with the ZR-1 wheels. I was a total fucking idiot for trading it in on the first year C5 and I regret that sale everytime I see a nice C4 go by. It's positively amazing the amount of aftermarket that is out there for Corvettes.

I actually drive an '03 - they're great cars. Last I looked, it's a bit of a buyer's market; you should be able to find some pretty kickass deals on decent cars if you're willing to wait a bit and put some funds together for a C5/C6 even.

If you're sticking to pre-C5, I agree; the C4s are bleh (the ones you're calling Trans Am-ish, even though I kinda like TAs). Other than that, some good advice in this thread :)

Kinda like the one in my driveway....

Very nice! The only one to top that was some guy posting here had a Hughes 500 helicopter sitting in his driveway, somewhere in Texas, IIRC.

It is nice but it's not mine. It just happened to be sitting in my driveway when I read that post ;). My buddy and I swap cars all the time cuz he can't fit more than a freakin' sock in his trunk. :D

This is my ride

G35C

Action©Sports