sunshine

If a guy hits a girl...

Although I'm sure your analogy was meant tongue in cheek,

Yes, but I would react the same way to a diseased person as I would a violent one. I'm out! No reason to stick around gamble.

Wow! I was married to a woman with such disease for 10 years, and never felt one second threatened. I think the enemy is not the disease itself, but the perception people have of it. Much like Karl Malone vs Magic Johnson in the case of HIV...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Although I'm sure your analogy was meant tongue in cheek,

Yes, but I would react the same way to a diseased person as I would a violent one. I'm out! No reason to stick around gamble.

Wow! I was married to a woman with such disease for 10 years, and never felt one second threatened.

I guess I'm just shallow like that.
My photos

My Videos

If a guy hits a girl cause he was mad/frustrated at her, but he was incredibly drunk at the time, is it possible to be an isolated incident and will never happen again? Or should it be considered a "he hit once, he'll hit again" kinda thing?

In my experience if it happens once it WILL happen again. Being incredibly drunk at the time just shows that deep down that's what the person wanted to do in the first place and the alcohol washed away the inhibition.

Family Violence is a big deal, even if it sounds "simple" or it "was nothing." Even if "he/she does love you" its not worth the mental and physical abuse.

:|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

In my experience if it happens once it WILL happen again. Being incredibly drunk at the time just shows that deep down that's what the person wanted to do in the first place and the alcohol washed away the inhibition. :|

Dave, has your wife been beating you? You should call a cop.
My photos

My Videos

#1 rule of being a man: You don't hit women out of anger, frustration, or anything else where it's not to protect someone else's life that's in danger or similar circumstances, ever. Doesn't matter the circumstances. Doesn't matter the extenuations. You. Don't. Hit. Women.

He did. Therefore, he's not someone one should be with.

It's a very simple rule, really...

Edited - For logical reasons. Yes, if some woman is whaling on their 2-year-old child or dog or cat and talking to them won't stop them, then physically intervening is necessary.

Does the above qualifications in bold make more sense?

That's what I meant, anyway...

I like that much better. It's a good rule to live by.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

#1 rule of being a man: You don't hit women out of anger, frustration, or anything else where it's not to protect someone else's life that's in danger or similar circumstances, ever. Doesn't matter the circumstances. Doesn't matter the extenuations. You. Don't. Hit. Women.

Edited - For logical reasons. Yes, if some woman is whaling on their 2-year-old child or dog or cat and talking to them won't stop them, then physically intervening is necessary.

Damn straight. That is the rule I live by, my only modication is that if I see or know that a man hit a woman he is going to get hit in return.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Damn straight. That is the rule I live by, my only modication is that if I see or know that a man hit a woman he is going to get hit in return.

That is a rule to live by where ANYONE is concerned - not just women.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

We all have a box of bad behavior tucked away in the attic between out ears.

Booze removes the 'safeties' on the box for some people, drugs...stress...there are a lotta different keys.

Is it an isolated incident?

Might be, it the offender recognizes that alcohol is a key that unlocks this behavior in him and retires from drinking.

Barring that, you gotta understand that that gun is loaded and the trigger has been pulled once, ...it's easier the 2nd time.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I know a "guy" that has had his "girl" hit him while she was drunk and he never hit back. He pushed her away to stop the violent outburst.

They had "her" friends over at the house that night.

She called the cops about it and he ended up in jail, because HER friends said HE pushed her.

(responding to no particular person)

Domestic violence doesn't end. Guys who say that they will never hit a woman are just giving them carte blanche on their behavior. They can continue at will.

Sometimes it is a pointless slap, or something that gets tossed, but it always happens again.

One day, I was arguing with my ex-wife. Actually, she was just arguing with me. Following me around the house, trying to pick a fight.

After realizing the situation, I went in my office to work.
She followed me in there and continued. When I got up to leave, she started pushing me. (I weigh 200, she weighs 115.)

I told her to stop. After the 3rd push, I told her that I would call the police. Her response, "What are you going to tell them? That this big girl was picking on you?" Welcome to the truth.

That was the last day of my marriage. The next day, she left the house, I packed up everything.

It is not a matter of self-defense, it is the pointlessness of living with someone like that.
Relationships shouldn't have that level of discomfort so that anyone has to consider physical confrontation.

When it reaches that point, just walk away.
There are decent people out there. This is a "red flag". Identify it, learn from it. Your life and future relationships will be better.

Ok, so i was talking to someone about this earlier today and we totally disagree. If a guy hits a girl cause he was mad/frustrated at her, but he was incredibly drunk at the time, is it possible to be an isolated incident and will never happen again? Or should it be considered a "he hit once, he'll hit again" kinda thing?

I don't know if he'd ever WANT to do it again, but he would never get the CHANCE to do it again if it were me.
There is NO excuse EVER that is good enough, and if they'll do it once, it's just the beginning.
Yup, I'd be gone before he sobered up.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

It doesn't matter if it was a guy or girl...it's domestic violence. To answer your question, I don't think it's a yes or a no type of situation. Personally, I would say that it would be responsible for the guy (in your scenario) to quit drinking out of respect for his spouse and family. Why chance putting themselves in this predicament another time when things could escalate, no matter how small the chance? It wouldn't right a wrong, but it would show genuine concern for the other person's well-being and a commitment to the relationship. That would be the ideal outcome in my opinion.

Being incredibly drunk at the time just shows that deep down that's what the person wanted to do in the first place and the alcohol washed away the inhibition.

That's not necessarily true. The irrational things that people do while drunk may or may not be things they had wanted to do before getting drunk.

But being drunk is certainly no excuse for hitting someone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

she probably deserved it. Some women these days just don't know their place.

Definition of a Coward.

Strange how Bobarooni only has 29 posts, only shows up when there is something to be said that will definitely offend people and has no profile information filled out. I wonder which DZ.com poster hides behind that handle.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower