sunshine

If a guy hits a girl...

Ok, so i was talking to someone about this earlier today and we totally disagree. If a guy hits a girl cause he was mad/frustrated at her, but he was incredibly drunk at the time, is it possible to be an isolated incident and will never happen again? Or should it be considered a "he hit once, he'll hit again" kinda thing?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I think it's one of those things that should raise a SERIOUS red flag. BUT every situation's different. Don't think you can apply generalizations to every person or situation.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I'm inclined to believe he'll hit again... and if the chick doesn't run after the first hit - shame on her!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

The only two times you should strike a girl
1. Self Defense
2. She sets you up in a crappy hotel in Peoria

That's my 2 cents

IIRC, all the hotel rooms were booked and the only rooms to be found were in the crappy hotels!! Besides, it does you good to slum it every once in a while. :P

Now quit provoking me, i'm trying to have a serious thread here.

Ok, so i was talking to someone about this earlier today and we totally disagree. If a guy hits a girl cause he was mad/frustrated at her, but he was incredibly drunk at the time, is it possible to be an isolated incident and will never happen again? Or should it be considered a "he hit once, he'll hit again" kinda thing?

He was just letting you know ho wmuch he loves you.
:S

I agree with the first of the two reasons to hit a girl. Self defense or protecting your kids from her rage etc. Anything other than that should be ignored.
My photos

My Videos

No amount of words should ever drive a man to strike a woman, no matter how drunk he is, as for whether you can consider it a one time thing, thats something that only those who know both parties can decide. If the woman just goes to her friends and says she's been hit her friends will only tell her to leave him. The advice needs to come from someone who knows both and knows what it was that sparked the incident, every man has a hot button that will cause a not so pretty reaction if you hit it, I'll never condone striking a woman but for some guys that one thing is so sensitive that physical recourse is what it causes.

Looking at the way the guy carries himself after he realizes what he's done can tell you a lot when it comes to determining if that will ever happen again. If he looks like he's so dissapointed in himself that he can barely look himself in the mirror than you can probably take it to the bank that it won't happen again.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

He's either got a problem with alcohol, anger management, or both. If he considers it no big deal and doesn't think it warrants getting help, I don't need to waste time figuring out which one... I'm out of the relationship.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It is not appropriate to hit people. EVER!

I was with you until you said EVER.

Some people are just monsters. The only way to stop them it to put them to sleep.

If someone was hurting a loved one would you try to talk him/her into a calm state or would you react with a knock out punch?
My photos

My Videos

I agree with the first of the two reasons to hit a girl. Self defense or protecting your kids from her rage etc. Anything other than that should be ignored.

In this case the guy was just upset cause he wasn't getting his own way. There was nobody else around, nobody was in danger, and the girl involved is a very passive kinda person.

In this case the guy was just upset cause he wasn't getting his own way. There was nobody else around, nobody was in danger, and the girl involved is a very passive kinda person.

Wow what a little bitch. Not only should she never see him agin, but he needs to have his man card revoked
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I was not condoning the situation you asked about.

I have never hit a woman don;t intend to. But if anyone is intending to harm someone I love that person will be stopped. Of course, the situation you explained is total bs and the guy should seek help.

In my case , since I date women, if one ever hit me out of anger it would be the end of the relationship. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. NO REGRETS.
My photos

My Videos