sunshine

If a guy hits a girl...

When my first wife and I were dating, she smacked my face-I asked her not to, she did it again-I told her not to, she did it again.

I find it disturbing that no one has posted a response that says she was wrong to strike you. Where is the outrage?

If you said that you had struck her in the face, there would be a crowd of women with torches and a rope approaching your house.

If women want to end violence, they need to quit teaching it as acceptable to other women also.

Some men learn about violence from the beatings received from their mothers. It can be part of that cycle.

I agree. But if he has anger issues, it may not be isolated to a drunken mistake.

I lived it.. step-father #2...my mother put up with it till he broke a wine bottle over my head while I was trying to make him stop hitting her. I was 4 years old.. THAT finally woke her up and we left.

I grew up.. and I do NOT make a good victim anymore...

I have seen FAR too many assholes blame it on the booze..... great way to treat their families that they supposedly love.
LOVE does not have to hurt and more women need to learn that at a farr younger age>:(

I find it disturbing that no one has posted a response that says she was wrong to strike you. Where is the outrage?

For some reason it seems to be socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man but not the other way around. Which I find to be total and utter bullshit.

It is not appropriate to hit people. EVER!

I dunno.....I can think of two times that is may be.....

One. In self defense, only enough to remove ones self from the danger.

Two. What's wrong with a good spanking? Is hair pulling out too?:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

It is not appropriate to hit people. EVER!

I was with you until you said EVER.

Some people are just monsters. The only way to stop them it to put them to sleep.

If someone was hurting a loved one would you try to talk him/her into a calm state or would you react with a knock out punch?

I'd call the police and have his ass arrested.

When my first wife and I were dating, she smacked my face-I asked her not to, she did it again-I told her not to, she did it again.

Go read my posts again.;)
My photos

My Videos

I'd call the police and have his ass arrested.

I understand why you would say that but in the mean time will you jsut sit there and wiat for him to finish beating your loved one?

The cops are never close enough to help WHILE the crime is happening. if they were there would be no violence.[:/]
My photos

My Videos

For some reason it seems to be socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man but not the other way around. Which I find to be total and utter bullshit.

If you are woman enough to hit a man, you better be man enough to take a hit! I have seen some very nasty beatings that a woman has inflicted and while the man did not, for whatever reason, defend himself. The one that stands out the most in my memory was about, damn, 17 years ago, and after this chick beat the shit out of him, she broke a bottle and sliced up his face like cleaning a fish![:/];)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I believe that once someone has snapped and used violence toward a significant other, the couple should split, EVEN if the person who acted in violence is really really sorry -- down on his/her knees begging for forgiveness, offering relentless apologies and gifts, etc. In my experience, a significant other who hit me didn't really want to but snapped, and felt like crap afterwards, but couldn't help it because he was a sick person (not psychologically sound, he had serious anger issues). unfortunately, the first time this happened (like this experience involving your friend) it didn't seem like a huge deal, I had never seen irrationality out of him prior to it (or for months after), but I left anyway -- then he demonstrated that he was very sorry and would do his best to "change," so I took him back. The next time it happened, I was deep into the relationship and at that point, too weak/unknowing/involved/scared to get out, and it took a LONG time and a LOT of courage (and a decent amount of beatings) to finally, eventually leave for good. The experience ended up making me a stronger person in the long run...though I hate that it happened that way. So my best advice, coming from my own personal experience, is for your friend to get out now, while it's still fairly easy. He may seem very sorry (or not, not sure how he feels about it) but that doesn't mean he won't snap again. And the circumstances may be completely different, but they might not. She deserves to be treated with respect, and there are many men out there who will do so.:)

"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

I'm proud to say I've never hit a woman, not even my wife. There have been times I wanted to, yes, but chose to channel that anger elsewhere. She has hit me but I've never hit her. One time we had a big fight and she snapped and hit me 3 or 4 times in rapid fire across my chest and I grabbed her and set her down on the bed, then proceeded to smash a 3 foot by foot and half hole in the wall with my fists and forearms...

That was 5 or 6 years ago when we were still sort of newly married. Nowadays we handle things a lot better. I've learned to avoid having to make repairs to the house... :D If I get mad, I take the axe outside and pound on a huge pine tree stump.

I just have a mental block on hitting women for some reason. I'm glad I do.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

hitting is like herpes.:D

it's only a matter of time before you have another break out.

If I found out someone I was dating had herpes I'd be out of there in a heart beat.

The only good thing about hitting is you don't have to take the beatings with you.:D

Disclaimer: No, I don't have herpes OR hit people.

My photos

My Videos

hey what happened to the music video clip that was posted in here. I saw it at work but it seems to have vanished (or i just cant see it)?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ok, so i was talking to someone about this earlier today and we totally disagree. If a guy hits a girl cause he was mad/frustrated at her, but he was incredibly drunk at the time, is it possible to be an isolated incident and will never happen again? Or should it be considered a "he hit once, he'll hit again" kinda thing?

It's not acceptable. Either way. Replace it all with a girl hitting a guy. I've experienced it both ways, but not many people have from the "other side" where a girl abuses a guy.

I know a "guy" that has had his "girl" hit him while she was drunk and he never hit back. He pushed her away to stop the violent outburst.

They had "her" friends over at the house that night.

She called the cops about it and he ended up in jail, because HER friends said HE pushed her.

I still have the pictures of the scratches on his face from that night. I picked him up from jail the next day.

He's still with her. She's hit him more than once in that time.

Once a violent person, always a violent person.

I wish HE'D leave HER.

Goes both ways.
'Shell

If a guy hits a girl, she should hit him back!!!

easier said than done if the guy is bigger, stronger, a better fighter, and has adrenaline/rage on his side ;) OH! and getting even more angry and violent because you hit him back

but yes, that became my style, I wasn't a very good learner..
:D
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh