MikeForsythe

Men, will you carry a purse for a woman? Women, has a man carried your purse for you?

I recently was walking with a woman. She needed to use both hands and her bag keep falling off of her shoulder so I told her that I would carry it for her. Later on she told me that no man had ever offered to carry her purse/bag for her and in fact when she had asked men in the past to hold her purse for her while she was trying something on etc. they refused and almost look scared at the thought.

Women, what has been your experience with this?
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

My husband has no problem holding my purse for me. A man that does has got to have some major insecurity issues or something.

Indeed.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

My husband has no problem holding my purse for me. A man that does has got to have some major insecurity issues or something.

You got that right. I don't have a problem holding my wife's purse, I just don't sling it across my shoulder like she does. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Very sweet of you.

No man has ever not held my bag for me...

Ever.

It seems a bit strange not to. Lord, even before Billy my guy friends would "watch my bag, please" or "hold this for a second, please" or whatever. No worries.

This is new to me. Why would any man--other than in a joking manner--not hold a bag for a woman (or vice versa)?

SUPER-weird. :S

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I do not carry a purse.

On occasion, I have been in a form fitting dress that doesn't have pockets. In those situations, I have had to ask my husband to carry my wallet. Most times he does it without too much complaint. I'm asking him now why he has reservations about carrying it and he claims it's . . . . well. . . . now he's mad at you, Mike for asking questions to get him in trouble. :P:P:P

I do not carry a purse.

On occasion, I have been in a form fitting dress that doesn't have pockets. In those situations, I have had to ask my husband to carry my wallet.

Um...

The purpose of my bag is mostly to carry my wallet.

I can't imagine the size of the man who might actually fit my wallet in his pocket. :D

I've never had a problem having a guy carry or hold my purse or wallet for me.

I think if a guy has a problem with it they actually have a bigger problem they are choosing not to recognize.
(I.C.D#2 VP)
"<3 ..Looks like breasts coming out of an ice cream cone. Mmmm."~John Mitchell
"I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

I have been left holding the bag more times than I can count in my life.

It is a Non-issue.

I have no problems at all holding a purse at anytime however, I will NEVER look inside of a woman’s purse. If she wants me get something out of her purse for her, I will just bring her the purse. Just the way I was raised. Men don’t go in a woman’s purse EVER. There might be FEMALE things in it and we are not supposed to see those things.:D

It is a Non-issue.

I have no problems at all holding a purse at anytime however, I will NEVER look inside of a woman’s purse. If she wants me get something out of her purse for her, I will just bring her the purse. Just the way I was raised. Men don’t go in a woman’s purse EVER. There might be FEMALE things in it and we are not supposed to see those things.:D

awh, you get a sammich and a beer for that one ;)
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

If my wife and I are at home and she asks me to go get something out of her purse, I'll do it, since it's in our private home. If she asks me to do it out in public, I'll just bring the damn purse to her. No need to appear like some thief or freak to others just by rooting around with one hand inside the purse. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

:D

I love it.

That's one I've never done before...

I'd much rather just ask for my bag, then ask for something out of my bag. I know how it's organized. I know what's in it. I certainly do NOT want to watch someone rumage helplessly through it. B| THAT would be unattractive.

;)

I have no problems at all holding a purse at anytime however, I will NEVER look inside of a woman’s purse. If she wants me get something out of her purse for her, I will just bring her the purse. Just the way I was raised. Men don’t go in a woman’s purse EVER. There might be FEMALE things in it and we are not supposed to see those things

You're a true gentleman. (yes it pained me to say that) :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I could not see a scenario where i would not carry bag/purse what ewver, for someone if they asked, and i was physically able

Some people are just rude and retarded:S

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm the same, if dont even go into my wifes purse/handbag. Even after nearly 20 years if she needs something from it i bring it to her
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Funny story:
JohnMitchell and I were out to dinner at a pub in Seattle one evening. When we left I noticed that my shoe had come untied and asked him to hold my purse while I tied it. We were in front of a big picture window of the pub. There was a large group of women inside the pub watching us and I didn't realize it. As I got back up from tying my shoe I caught JohnMitchell holding my bag up and pointing at it, shaking his head and mouthing exaggeratedly to all the women inside "NOT MINE!" They were all laughing hysterically.

JohnMitchell has actually never balked at holding my purse when I needed him to. I've often seen other men holding a purse or bag for their lady and I find it very endearing and sweet. Big bonus points for guys that will do things like that.

And a woman who would trust a man to hold a purse may have some major secutiry issues. Just a thought.

By the way, dudes - want a chick magnet? Get a diaper bag.:)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think a man who is willing to hold a woman's purse for her is incredibly attractive. When I see that I get jealous.

I'm not a guy, but i'll hold your purse anytime baby!!:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

It is a Non-issue.

Hear that Dave??? Never go into a women's purse! That boy has no manners!!
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com